How to Prepare for Exams (please pass out to all students in your 1st period)

How to Prepare for Exams (please pass out to all students in your 1st period)

A Stage Play by TaylorFantastic
"

A monologue given by an (arguably) unstable student who is their weekly appointment with their psychiatrist. Enjoy

"
"Taking tests are terrible.
I don't hate school, I actually love it. My test-taking abilities are fine and I've never met anyone who can compare to my methods that follow every tip and trick ever given by a college board-approved pamphlet or underpaid guidance counselor.
I usually finish in less than half the time given to complete our exam. Its after the test I can't stand. After I finish I am forced to suffer the unbearable silence in the room. Twenty or thirty bodies all around me, all silent.  They're are not talking which means there is no way to know what they are thinking. I can see their eyes dart around the room. Are they looking at me? Can they hear my thoughts? Are their giggles and snickers at my expense? Can they hear my breathing? My heartbeat? Why are they so silent?
I have no way of knowing. Along with the silence is the cold. For some reason I have yet to understand, my instructors like to keep the classroom a toasty 20 degrees. Being already on-edge from the unsettling silence, the cold only adds to the anxiety that makes my chest hurt so bad I fear it might explode.
No matter how high I zip my jacket or how tightly I cross my arms, it's nearly impossible to recover body heat.
Although I said it was impossible silent in the classroom, I was wrong. There is ONE sound. The scratching noise of pencils making their way across paper. The racket resembles rats ripping and tearing and gnawing away at my spirit. Chips of sanity fall away into the abyss of unease. A swirling chasm of melodramatic reactions at everyday occurrences.
That's why I couldn't take my english test, Doctor."

© 2010 TaylorFantastic


Author's Note

TaylorFantastic
Excuse any grammar or spelling problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on June 20, 2010
Last Updated on June 20, 2010

Author

TaylorFantastic
TaylorFantastic

Auburndale, FL



About
I'm Fantastic more..

Writing
Suture Suture

A Story by TaylorFantastic


I am I am

A Poem by TaylorFantastic