Make It rain

Make It rain

A Chapter by AlternativePunker

        CHAPTER ONE:
    Make it rain
Six forty-five AM. I am awoken by the sound of my alarm. Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes. I always start my morning with that song. I rub the tiredness from my eyes and trudge into my bathroom. After I urinate, I wash my hands and take a shower. Today is my first day at a new art academy. Richmond art Academy. A private art school. After showering, I find clean clothes and put them on, along with my shoes and socks. Then I grab my new laptop for Richmond a slide it into my bookbag, next to all my notebooks and a few reference books for art and guitar. 
I would be starting halfway through the semester. To get into the school I had to send in some of my artwork and a thumb-drive full of audio of me playing my guitar. I walk by my deep red and black Fender. Two pickups, lead and rhythm.  Beside that sits my Marshall amp with a pedal plugged into it. 
After the song ends, I grab my headphones and plug them in and stick them into my ears. I hear a stream of curse come from the hall. I peek my head out and see, my sister Elizabeth (Ellie) holding her foot. She tripped on the top step. I would be attending the same school as her, though she started her junior year at the beginning. I would be in the middle of my sophomore year. She flicked me off when she heard my laughter. 
I headed downstairs into the kitchen and chased down a couple pieces of toast with a glass of orange juice. After brushing my teeth I grab my book bag and follow my sister out to her car. My car sits in front of her, unused. I still need to take my drivers license. My three story house disappeared behind us as Ellie drives off. My parents are both workers for some big animation company. They encouraged us to explore our talents and I found them in music and art, where my sister was interested in filmmaking and was already an intern for my parents.
***
The first thing that came to mind when my sister pulled up to the school was: "Wow, this place is effing huge." It was more impressive on the inside. Artwork was displayed everywhere and the lockers were also covered. I stood there in awe. Students were playing instruments and tacking posters of upcoming shows and showcases on the walls.
"Well dork, try not to me make me look stupid alright?" Ellie said. She ruffled my hair and stalked off. I pulled out my schedule and examined it. my first period was music. I arrived just at after the bell and there were a bunch of kids scattered around in groups or alone.
The teacher, Ms Allison, a skinny, medium height blond woman greeted me. 
"Hi! you must be Dennis, I'm Ms Allison. We are currently doing a project, but don't worry, you have plenty of time to work on it as we just started." She started out. The one thing I dreaded about being new was if teachers were going to make a big deal out of me being new. Ms Allison was saving me the embarrassment. "The point is to make a kickass song! You have until the beginning of next semester, giving you time to work on it over break. You are allowed to have two other people collab with you on the project. On the first day back, it shall be presented to the class! No get cracking!"
I make my way to an empty an pull out one of my notebooks. I write "Music" On the front and begin the words to my song. A few minutes later, a cute girl with black hair pulled up into pigtails sashays up, skirt fluttering behind her. She places her hands on the desk and I notice she has long slender fingers painted black at the nails. 
"Hi! I'm Robin. I noticed you were new and I came by to say hi! Ms Allison told me your name was Dennis that's a cool name! If you need anything let me know, ok?" I nod. Robin was pretty. Curvy and cute. When she slipped away. I had to stop myself from staring at her slender legs as she did so. And the purple streaks in her hair. I continue my work. Glancing at Robin every so often.
***
Lunch was held in the courtyard outside. As I was deciding on where to sit, I hear a familiar voice in my ear. I turn to see Robin there.
"Hey, Dennis! Wanna sit with me and my friends? C'mon!" She pulled me by arm to a table with three other kids there. She pointed at each one and told me their names. Puck(Lester) was a brown-haired boy who was doodling on a piece of paper. Robin told me he was an artist. Sitting next to him was a Dirty blond haired girl with red streaks named Lexi. She was dressed in punk clothes. Black jeans a tight black shirt with a leather jacket. She had a nose ring and a visible tattoo of a blood red rose on her wrist. Robin told me she played the guitar and programmed. Next to her was yet another girl. Lucy had chin-length black hair and piercing gray eyes. She played bass. I was greeted with waves and smiles. I was nervous being surrounded by this many cute girls at once. 
"So, what do you do?"  Lucy asked.
"Um, well I play the guitar and I draw."
"That's so cool!" Robin said, "All I do is sing." 
I found myself trying not to let my eyes wander. So I just stared down at my sandwich or the girl's eyes when they addressed me. I was surprised at how easily I mad friends with these characters. The dread I felt was gone and instead was replaced with enthusiasm. And it seemed as if they all like me as well
***  


© 2017 AlternativePunker


Author's Note

AlternativePunker
Yeeeeeee, tell me what you think!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on December 12, 2017
Last Updated on December 15, 2017


Author

AlternativePunker
AlternativePunker

La, mesa, CA



About
I'm back peopls more..

Writing