My World Upside Down

My World Upside Down

A Chapter by Tina Genick
"

Chapter one

"

I felt the old chartered plane finally touch down, thank god I thought. I could feel my heart rate slowly return to normal after seven and half hours on this thing I was only to happy to grab my carry on and get the hell off this death trap.

 

The door to the plane opened, the rickety stairs lowered. Poking my head I got my first look at my new home. A vast expanse of evergreen trees were outlined in the distance the only thing breaking up the white snow. My first thought was oh hell no! My second thought was I’m so not in Kansas anymore. The only thing missing was Toto.

 

Grabbing the straps of my bag a little tighter I took a deep breath and stepped out. “S**t” I said as I felt my feet slip out from under me I closed my eyes just before my a*s met hit the cold ground. “Shyla, be careful on the steps they might be a little slippery” I could hear my aunts voice call out. Thanks for the warning I thought sarcastically. I lay there for a moment silently wishing myself away from this hell I had been dragged into. Slowly opening my eyes I was met with sloppy kisses, great it’s Toto. 

 

“Ok, yuck get off me” I could help but giggle at the overly large black dog. I could hear the sounds of loud motors, pushing the dog away I tried to stand to get a better view of the vehicles that were approaching. Its ears slightly twitched I pushed “come on off” I said trying to sound stern. Its icy blue eyes stared at me for a moment head cocked to the side as if in thought.

 

 

I could hear the loud revving of engines before the vehicles came to a stop. Unable to get the dog to move I peeked around it to see who it was. Standing there looking down at me was a rather tall good looking guy. He had dark brown hair and these really strange eyes they were sort of blue yet silver at the same time.

 

I felt a wet nose nudge my cheek. My attention refocused on my earlier problem “come on now, off” I said sounding a little defeated. The black dog still made no attempt to move his tongue continued it’s cleaning of my already clean face. “A little help please” I asked the hot guy still standing there looking down at us. “She said, off pup” his deep voice commanded. I could feel the dog stiffen for a moment, its eyes looked sad with a whimper he ran off. 

 

“Thanks” I said “I’ve been trying for like five minutes to get that dog off” I half laughed. “You’re Shyla”? He asked still glaring down at me. What is he mad about I wondered? Never one to put up with crap I replied in the same tone “yeah and you are”? “Your ride” he answered before turning his back and walking away. Well that was rude, what an a*s I thought to myself. “Shyla, why are you on the ground?” my ever so observant aunt asked coming out of the plane.

 

Dusting myself off, I followed my aunt’s footsteps around to the other side of the plane. Coming around the plane I could make out five guys along with what I could only assume were snowmobiles having only seen them in movies. “Shyla come here, I want you to meet everyone” my aunt called excitedly over to me. “This is Jackson” she said with a little twinkle in her eye. The tall blonde haired man who currently had his arms around my aunt chuckled “nice to meet you Shy” he said. My aunt continued with her introductions “Ethan” pointing to a tall guy with dark hair, green eyes and a cocky smile. “Hey” he replied. “Wyatt” he was tall with blonde hair, blue eyes. “Hi” he said sounding kind of bored. “Jared” also tall he had jet black hair, icy blue eyes. “Shy” he took my hand a light brush of his full lips pressed against my cold hand. His eyes held my captive there was something so familiar about them. I heard a faint growl Jared smiled then the sound of someone clearing their throat caused me to break eye contact and snatch my hand back. “Lastly this is Tristan” my aunt pointed towards the a*****e from earlier who had introduced himself as quote my ride.

 

Tristan and I stared each other down I had no idea really why I was involved in this staring contest I only knew I wasn’t willing to back down. “Alright Tristan why don’t we get these ladies home and out of the cold” Jackson said clapping Tristan on the back. “Shyla you’re with Tristan” my aunt said walking over to Jackson’s snowmobile. That caused me to blink breaking eye contact I heard one of the guys chuckle. I’d forgotten that the a*s was my ride great just great. I hope it wasn’t far to my aunts I was more than ready to collapse it really had been a long day. Sucking up my pride I walked over and climbed on the back of the intimating looking machine. “Hold on tight” was the only warning I got causing me to fall forward forcing me to wrap my arms tight around Tristan’s waist and hold on tight. Tristan revved the engine and took off after the others.


It was a longer ride than I thought, the cold wind whipped against my face. I snuggled closer to Tristan leaning my face against his back. What was this guys problem I mean I don’t even know him and he’s acting like’s it my fault he was stuck giving me a ride home. It’s not like I was keeping him from some hot date or something. Oh maybe he did have a date, why did my heart feel like it plummeted at that thought? Giving my head a shake, I must be tired yup that’s it.






© 2012 Tina Genick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
Added on February 10, 2011
Last Updated on July 30, 2012
Tags: paranormal, romance, novel, book


Author

Tina Genick
Tina Genick

The Realm, Of Fantasy, Canada



About
Ok what to write in the box??? Funny how we all love to write yet I find it harder to write about myself. Well lets start with the basics, I'm 35 yrs old and obviously enjoy reading and writing or.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Genick