Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by HeyItsJJ

             I woke to crack of dawn, 6 AM. I know this because in the city of Moonsville, the sun rises and sets at the same time every single day. On the contrary, it's very normal and expected. I walked across the aged floorboard in my room to grab my robe, as the early morning weather is quite chilly. I turned on the light to the kitchen and opened the cupboard to get a glass. I saw my mason jar mugs, the wine glasses, an then my eyes fell on my favorite bright blue plastic cup. I chose that one and filled it up with some tap water. Articles say that drinking lots of water keeps the skin and body nice, and I would like to keep my skin as nice as possible. I finished my water and headed back to my room. I grabbed the diner uniform that every waitress at Margo's Diner wears. I walked into my bathroom that is in desperate of a paint job and I brushed my teeth, combed my hair. I grabbed my purse in a swift motion and strutted to my car, quickly turning on the heat.
             Moonsville is such a small town. Passing by everything on my way to work, I saw the public library, the old-fashioned movie theater, the local grocery store, and the highlight of the town: Margo's Diner. I decided to come in early for the early shift. Margo's is a very basic but an extraordinary place in all. They have the burgers, fries, and shakes, just like a classic diner, but it also has a jukebox from the 70's and a local karaoke showdown on Friday nights. I pulled open the thick glass doors and was welcomed to the smell of fresh coffee and bacon. Pedro, the head chef at Margo's, welcomed me with a wave and a sweet smile. I greeted him back and dropped my purse off into the break room. I went back into the kitchen and started to serve breakfast to town folk. Mr. Gerald was there, a sweet old man who always comes by to have his morning coffee and newspaper. Not many people live in Moonsville, but lots of tourists come by for a bite to eat.
           7 PM finally hit and I clocked out. I drove home and washed my face and hit the bed, immeadiately falling into a deep slumber.



© 2017 HeyItsJJ


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on July 9, 2017
Last Updated on July 9, 2017


Author

HeyItsJJ
HeyItsJJ

About
Hey, how are you? Welcome to my page of stories beyond. I want to hopefully change the writing game, so I'll start here. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by HeyItsJJ