My Twin Sister My Other Half

My Twin Sister My Other Half

A Story by TeeMarie91
"

story about my twin sister

"

For anyone who is lucky enough to have a twin, they will probably more than likely say that their twin is their best friend. Twins: partners in crime with a sacred bond and secret "twin" language that they all share weather they are identical or fraternal. I should know because I am an identical twin.

My twin sister Angelina and I were born 15 weeks premature on January 5th, 1991 in a small hospital in Wurzburg, Germany. I am the older twin by fifteen minutes, and despite the fact that one of us was breech, my mother had an all-natural delivery. When we were born, we were blue and could fit right in the doctor's hand. Imagine fitting in the palm of an adult's hand- that's how small we were!  Our tiny lives were in the balance as a team of doctors whisked us away to the nearest ICU.

At three weeks old, we had emergency open heart surgery to repair a hole in our hearts. Due to our super fragile, small sizes, the incision had to be made on our backs. To this day, I have a scar on my back. A German priest was called in to give us an emergency baptism since we were not expected to survive. But as the days continued, I slowly started showing signs of improvement and I grew stronger. Angelina was sicker than I was and it was very difficult for my folks to watch one daughter slowly improving while the other one grew worse.

February 6th, 1991 was the worst day of my parent's lives. Angelina passed away from complications after the surgery. We were four weeks old. I'd give anything to have my twin sister back. The most precious link to me now rests in a graveyard in Germany. I don't remember my twin sister at all, but there are no words strong enough to describe the huge hole in our family! If I could have anything in the world, I would want my twin sister back. I know that Angelina is not in pain anymore or suffering, and that thought comforts me. I have a very special guardian angel watching over me and my family and I love and miss my twin sister very much!

PS- 9 months after I was born, my mom's best friend gave birth to a daughter that she named Angelina- after my late twin

© 2021 TeeMarie91


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There is a bond there that has definitely not broken
She’s with you all the time
Watching over you and enjoying watching your life’s experiences
Sisterhood is beautiful even in death the bond doesn’t go away
One day you two will surely reunite x that’s my belief anyway !
Thanks for the heartfelt share 🙆‍♀️

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TeeMarie91

2 Years Ago

thank you so much



Reviews

How wonderful to be a twin, and how sorrowful to lose one at such a young age I can imagine the emotions, and notions of how she would look, act, love, cherish if she were alive today. And, I can certainly imagine the pain of losing her. I know you will never cease to remember what your family remembers and how much you miss her. A beautiful poem and remembrance.
Best, Betty

Posted 2 Years Ago


There is a bond there that has definitely not broken
She’s with you all the time
Watching over you and enjoying watching your life’s experiences
Sisterhood is beautiful even in death the bond doesn’t go away
One day you two will surely reunite x that’s my belief anyway !
Thanks for the heartfelt share 🙆‍♀️

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TeeMarie91

2 Years Ago

thank you so much
' I have a very special guardian angel watching over me and my family and I love and miss my twin sister very much! '

Those words are sadly beautiful, TeeMarie. Can't imagine the pain behind your story.. must be with you every day. Yet.. if I might add this: just as beautifully named Angelina is your guardian angel, you can live for her. Wherever possible, doing what you feel she would share with happiness running through her veins, day in, night through. Perhaps, maybe.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TeeMarie91

2 Years Ago

thank you so much for your kind words my friend- they made their way to my heart!
I am sorry for your lost. I have lost five brothers in my lifetime. Each one, someone I miss. I understand the poem. For a parent. Losing a four week old child. A parent, lifetime pain. Thank you TeeMarie for sharing the story.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


TeeMarie91

3 Years Ago

thank you very much!! She is ALWAYS in my heart!
Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I am glad you are welcome dear poet.
So sad and so touching. She will be missed and remembered by your family and yourself. I like the ending and the naming of someone else by your late sister's name. She is in Heaven watching over you.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TeeMarie91

3 Years Ago

aww thank you that was soooooo sweet of you!!!
Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2021
Last Updated on January 20, 2021

Author

TeeMarie91
TeeMarie91

NH



About
I love writing and I would LOVE to get blasted with as many comments on my stuff as I can so please go crazy and post TONS of comments!! Thanks more..

Writing
Kiss Kiss

A Poem by TeeMarie91



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..