Change

Change

A Chapter by Kristena
"

I hadn't written in a year or two...so here's my stab at getting back in it... :)

"

   “The winds of change”…What a strange phrase…, though- I suppose, that really is what change feels like… There are many kinds of winds, just as there are many kinds of change.

 

   At first, it is so hard to tell what kind of wind a change will be. Will it be soft? Will it bring with it the scent of flowers in bloom? Or will it be refreshing? When it comes and goes will you be the better for it? And the happier for it?

 

   But not all change is like that. Other kinds of change come like a storm. You don’t see it coming- and then suddenly the clouds are there- all around. And the rain comes as well. And when the storm has ended, it leaves scars upon all it has touched. And you cannot tell if things will be for the better or for the worse because of it.

  

    At first, all you can see is the bad that it has done; but somewhere down the line you eventually begin to see that some good really did come of it at some point. And then the memory of the storm dulls and only the lessons learned seem to remain. They were hard lessons, but in the end- they truly were worth it (when you look back on them).

 

    You see that they grew you and as terrible as things may have been- or not- they really don’t matter, because now they are in the past and what is in the future you can always face with the knowledge that you have learned something from the past. You remember you are stronger and can face more because of what is already behind you and that that same change will never come again- not with the same fierce storm- for you can deal with it better now. And this knowledge gives you strength. Knowledge is strength- most of the time.


    Anyways, that is what she thought. She put down her book and stared back out the window. Change was not a kind friend. It never stayed away for very long; but when it did come, difficulties always arose. But then again- the lessons learned did make it a good friend as well. She sighed. Life could be so confusing some times, but in the end, it really was worth it…



© 2013 Kristena


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's deep man, like woah. Totally. But seriously, it could make a good book. Maybe. Like totally. Yeah. WoO!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 3, 2013
Last Updated on August 1, 2013