Prologue.

Prologue.

A Chapter by Tehmeena
"

A scientist discovers something horrific with V3...

"
He picked up a new test tube and squirted some blood into it and mixed it. The red had changed colour from blue to black, like onyx. Frowning slightly at the reaction of the two solutions, he took out a small amount at squeezed out a tiny blob under the microscope.

He was squinting one eye from behind his laboratory glass mask and studied the cells through the magnifier. “The cells are being attacked by the virus and eaten,” he stated. His voice was recording in the inbuilt mechanism in his laboratory suit, whilst he was watching the red blood cells dying and transforming into darkness.

He moved away for a moment to type something down into the laptop, and then came back to observe what else was occurring. Whatever was happening was horrifying.

The virus was mutating unpredictably fast and his heartbeat was increasing its function. “A strange reaction has occurred to V3 infected blood,” he continued, and twisted the magnifier’s level to increase. He could see the blood cells closer and clearer. “It’s mutating incessantly.” His brown eyebrows furrowed together.

Sighing, he moved away once more and jotted the status of the virus, and then went away to the centre of the room. He moved past the semi clear curtains �" which were hung around like a temporary four-walled area �" and concernedly, went over to his volunteer.

The male volunteer �" who was heavily sedated for the purpose of the test �" was named ‘V3’ on the personal file.

The scientist was flipping through the papers on his clipboard. Out the corner of his eye, he caught the V3’s hand move suddenly �" like a tiny spasm. That was impossible. “V3 is going through a spasm attack of some sort, despite being heavily sedated. Perhaps this is the work of the mutating virus that is attacking V3’s body internally,” he acknowledged.

He saw the laid body going through more spasms, which were stronger than the last. Making sure to write more down onto the clipboard, he lifted the eyes to check the pupils on the body. “The eyes have altered,” he confirmed what his eyes saw, “The pupils have decreased in size significantly … the cornea is notably losing colour unusually fast.”

Suddenly, an inhuman screech came out of V3’s throat, in anguish. And just as abruptly, his heartbeat ended on the machine and was replaced by a monotonous, yet alert, tenor. The body was not moving any more and was laid limply and soundlessly.

The scientist sighed in defeat. “We have lost V3,” he stated. “Albeit, a new fact has risen; the eyes have changed colour in their whiteness into black, unlike the previous two volunteers, V1 and V2.”

V3’s eyes opened, revealing the corneas as blood red. The eyes swivelled to the right, smelling the humans blood standing next to its undead carcass. The breathing was growing hard and raged, unlike the preceding patients, and shot up from the bed. It screamed hungrily with wide eyes and lunged on the scientist. It opened its mouth wide, revealing sharp teeth �" every one of them was fang-like �" and bit into the man’s arm.

The scientist was too caught off guard and fell to the ground, pulling the plastic curtains over himself and the mutant. He screamed in pain as his protective lab suit and flesh was ripped away from him.

Blood was splattered on the plastic covers.

“No!” he gasped, realising that his body was weakening. He should have yelled for help, but his tongue was numb and his voice was a mere mumble. His heartbeat was like a giant, echoing drum in his ears as his eyesight dimmed and darkened into nothing.

That day, was his last.

…As a human.


© 2016 Tehmeena


Author's Note

Tehmeena
Feel free to comment and leave your feedback; I'd love to hear from you. :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on January 6, 2016
Last Updated on January 6, 2016
Tags: echo, book one, prequel, fiction, horror, world epidemic, the undead, vampires, science, virus, outbreak, zombie, prologue


Author

Tehmeena
Tehmeena

-



About
Hiya, my name's Tehmeena, but my friends call me Teenu. :) You can address me by either, I don't mind. Anyway I used to have an account a few years ago - certainly seems longer than that so I'm taking.. more..

Writing
Hush Hush

A Book by Tehmeena





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5