Good Things Come to Those who Wait

Good Things Come to Those who Wait

A Story by Tejana
"

An english assignment during class based on the future.

"

He couldn't help his emotions. His solemn look as he sat on the bench with a bouquet of tulips was enough to dull the atmosphere at the fair. He was lonely and the tulips were lonely as they drooped from his tight grip. He struggled to get out of his slumber and made his way out of the commotion. He dragged his feet behind him and pushed his way through the crowd. They were the same age as he was but he wasn’t like the crowd. Everyone in the crowd did things together, but he didn't -- he was alone. I had already been here for almost a month and I can not agree that the past was better than the present. I almost cringe every time I remember myself saying ‘I wish I lived back then, when everything was better’.

I'm not supposed to interfere with this world; I have no right to, but I couldn't help myself. I walked towards him, dropped my stolen money in his palm and left him with the words “good things happen to those who wait”. Two weeks had passed, I was still in hiding and then it happened. I was lightheaded, the world was spinning around me, and it felt like I was sucked into a vortex where I could do all but breathe. It was just like the day I came to this archaic world, and I knew I that I was going back home. When I came to I was laying in a meadow, and I could hear the gentle streams of water flow down to the forest. I sat up but I didn't recognize what I saw in front of me. My reflection shown upon the water but it wasn't my reflection; I wasn’t me anymore.

© 2014 Tejana


Author's Note

Tejana
I'm not too sure about my punctuation.
Make your own interpretations as to what happened and what followed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I understand that the author does not wish to continue with this piece (seemingly), as she / he has made clear in the above author's note. However, by the unusual and intriguing imagery and possibilities this piece presents (as well as the author's own decent vocabulary), I feel that this untold story has a great deal of potential, and its author should take advantage of that.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tejana

9 Years Ago

Thank you!



Reviews

Pooh the punctuation ! Your piece is a work of art and
it teems with excellence.
We all interpret differently when/what we read. Only one thing
stands out-----Talent.
Thank you for the wonderful treat.
----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tejana

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
I understand that the author does not wish to continue with this piece (seemingly), as she / he has made clear in the above author's note. However, by the unusual and intriguing imagery and possibilities this piece presents (as well as the author's own decent vocabulary), I feel that this untold story has a great deal of potential, and its author should take advantage of that.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tejana

9 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 20, 2014
Last Updated on October 20, 2014
Tags: future, short story

Author

Tejana
Tejana

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada



About
16. Student. Not really a writer. Sometimes I write stuff and think, "whoa, I should show this to people". more..

Writing