As a Sinner

As a Sinner

A Story by Tejana
"

English assignment during class. "The world is about to end and either only you know about it or everyone else knows. Write a short story based on this."

"

The sunlight seemed brighter today than any other and I knew that it would look brighter tomorrow than it did today. I realize that I'd never appreciated the simple things in life and I know this sounds like a cliche, but it’s true. I never treasured the way each needle of grass browned with the coming of winter or how majestic the trees were as silhouettes formed with the showers of rain. I could hear people running wild outside, haha, not like they never did before.

I can now disregard the word ‘problem’ because, what is a problem to the end of the world? Every second my existence continued, the more I questioned my purpose. I didn't think I had a purpose and I still doubt that I'll realize it when the Creator bestows his judgement upon me. Ironically, I still hope that He permits me one question before I drown in the fires of hell -- the question of my purpose. I had not lived a just life as He wanted me to, I know that, and now my life seems to be of the least significance in this world.

I can hear them as they try to fulfill their mortal wishes and try to purge their existence of its wrong. I can see them grow more unstable each day while doubt clutches to their hearts. I can feel the atmosphere of their unrest and the confusion of their souls. I cannot hear my heart confess to my sins, nor can I see the improvement of my quavering mortality. I cannot feel the the pity that I should feel for myself because I have already accepted my judgement and in my self persuasion, I know that with His coming, I will not be made anew.

© 2014 Tejana


Author's Note

Tejana
It's biased -- from a Christian's perspective.
feel free to correct me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is actually a very intelligent piece of writing. Don't feel too bad about being a sinner. There is no heaven without a well fought battle of inner conflict. Anyone can get there. Anyway good interpretation. Stay spiritual. It's good for the heart and mind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tejana

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
Reina Stone

9 Years Ago

No problem !



Reviews

This is actually a very intelligent piece of writing. Don't feel too bad about being a sinner. There is no heaven without a well fought battle of inner conflict. Anyone can get there. Anyway good interpretation. Stay spiritual. It's good for the heart and mind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tejana

9 Years Ago

Thank you!
Reina Stone

9 Years Ago

No problem !

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

543 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 20, 2014
Last Updated on October 20, 2014
Tags: world, end, life, God, Christianity, sins

Author

Tejana
Tejana

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada



About
16. Student. Not really a writer. Sometimes I write stuff and think, "whoa, I should show this to people". more..

Writing