The Troubles of Mr. Brownsman: Beginning

The Troubles of Mr. Brownsman: Beginning

A Story by Kristaps F
"

This is a prequel of my first story "The Troubles of Mr. Brownsman". It tells how the unfortunate events of Mr. Brownsman began.

"

  This is how the story of Mr. Brownsman's troubles begins. Terrifying events one could lose his mind after.

  This story begins when young Brownsman finished college and was willing to start a life of a productive working man. His mom moved to live with her boyfriend and leaved Jerry alone in, now, his own apartment. The apartment had some history. Jerry's dad, who leaved them, was an alcoholic so fights happened a lot in this family. But that's a whole another story.

  So, to be a productive working man, Jerry first needed a job. And a small office at the West side of the city seemed perfect. It wasn't very big, so Jerry thought that he could get noticed and highly valued.

  Jerry loved the work. There were friendly co-workers and everything seemed to be perfect. Jerry even had time for his hobbies. He even considered getting a dog. That would make him happy.

  Jerry's life changed immensely when he met a girl. The girl. Her name was Sarah. Sarah was friendly and she always smiled. She had a small puppy she loved. And you couldn't even see her without the puppy being around. Jerry loved her and she loved him back.

  When Jerry thought his life couldn't get any better.. it got worse.

  That night Jerry couldn't sleep. Like he subconsciously knew what was happening. The next morning he woke up late and was late for work. Like that wasn't enough, Sarah didn't answer his calls. He would have known if she was busy or out of town.

  Later that evening he found out that Sarah was dead. He couldn't believe it. Police said that she did suicide by poisoning herself and left a note. They didn't let him read it, but, from what he saw, that wasn't Sarah's hand script. He was absolutely sure that Sarah was murdered.

  That night Jerry walked around his room thinking of what had happened. The next day he didn't even show up to work. And that's when his life started going downhill. An extremely steep hill.

  All he could think about was the "suicide". He started making up plans how to prove it's a murder. Police didn't even investigate the case saying there would be no motive to kill such a nice young lady, so it was all up to Jerry.

  He didn't pay attention to his work. He started losing sleep frequently. And even developed bad habits - smoking was his second nature now and drinking was just another way of killing the pain. Friends were not so important anymore. He got distant from his family. Jerry didn't worry about anything but Sarah's murder.

  Needless to say, work became exhausting. There were days when he went to work not sleeping the night before. Co-workers noticed the change in Jerry and started to avoid him.

  He realized his problems, but didn't seek for help. He knew exactly what had happened to him. He had anxiety, insomnia, depression as he found on the internet. Medication became one of his daily routines. No one really knows where ho got the medication but one thing was clear - he was tripping out on them.

  Months went by and Jerry lived as a brain thirsty zombie. Nobody knows how he kept his job. Jerry's mom became seriously concerned and insisted him to go and see a doctor. Jerry didn't agree until he finally gave in five months later. It wasn't a wise decision though.


Jerry entered an office. There was a tall doctor with thick mustache dressed in white in the office.

"Hello!"

"Hello! I have a problem."

"We all do, He - he. Tell me about your problem!"

"Well, I have some psychological issues. Like anxiety, insomnia and depression."

"Who told you that?"

"I searched on internet my symptoms."

"Ha - ha - ha! Why do you need a doctor if you are one yourself? Ha - ha. To be honest, you look fine to me, kid."

"But I have problems."

"And they can be treated. And I'll tell you what - I'm here to help you. So, what are your problems?"

  Jerry told the doctor everything he had experienced in the past months.

"There is no need to worry," the doctor said. "It can be treated. There is only one catch - you will have to be asleep during the treatment."

  Jerry reflected a little. Being asleep during the treatment seemed a bit suspicious, but..

"I'm in."

"He - he. Then we only need to settle some formalities."

  Our Jerry didn't know what he was actually into. And also he didn't know that men were watching him behind mirrored glass.


This is a prequel of my previous story. You can find it in my profile.

© 2015 Kristaps F


Author's Note

Kristaps F
feel free to criticise my english

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Added on November 15, 2015
Last Updated on November 15, 2015
Tags: depression, alcoholic, psychology, story, short story

Author

Kristaps F
Kristaps F

Latvia



About
I am a young writer who has just started to write short stories and to publish them online. more..

Writing
This life This life

A Poem by Kristaps F


Waiting Waiting

A Poem by Kristaps F