Evolve: Rip The Beast Out (NS)

Evolve: Rip The Beast Out (NS)

A Chapter by Tevo77777
"

The world has really changed, but all of the worse and best things about it remain. Politics have evolved and so has the soldiers who fight to change them.

"
Fascism is a system of government that is based around the promotion, worship, and use of the military. The term fascism comes from the word fasces; an ax tightly wound to sticks. The axe is said to symbolize military might and the sticks bundled together have for thousands of years been a sign of the strength of many over few. A phone-book is much tougher then a sheet of paper, a bundle of sticks is tougher then a single twig. Fascism can and does frequently appear alongside nationalism, both of which are highly paranoid of outsiders, their money, or their culture. After the system goes into effect, it's only a matter of time till so much is considered of the outside world; that very little is left. The final issue with fascism is that it constantly calls for a greater struggle, till the war is so big the nation falls.

Location: Firing Range
Date:
NTF Anti-Matter Epoch

Yoshua fired another shot, then another, and another. Each one hit a target, blowing a hole in it. Before him were a series of paper targets along a series of columns that his weapon couldn't quite dent. There was a number of waist-high walls made of the same material, right before each target. He looked at another such wall, hearing the sound of a column rising up. It was a woman, he hesitated; trying to figure out if the paper was enemy or civilian. He was distracted, he saw his own mother or perhaps the mother of one of those that he slept just meters from. Hostile, loaded weapon pointed at him! He squeezed the trigger and tilted the weapon down slightly.

An electric current ran from the battery in the stock towards the receiver, igniting powder so dense it needed incredible energy to ignite. The solid powder casing around it was ignited, including the material that held the sabot in place as part of the cartridge. The energy wanted to escape, but it had nowhere to go but forward. There was a piece of metal that was steel jacked copper in the back and
high specific strength steel in the front. Already the metal was hot, moving so fast and with such constitution that only the finest Neo-Terran barrels could handle it. Any amount of rifling would be worn down quickly, so each round had fins on it to keep it in place the short while it between barrel and target. The paper rippled from the energy, tearing up and down.

The three rounds had ruined the target, but the time at the range was not done yet. Another target appeared off in the distance, this time wearing a cheap uniform; it was a model made of ballistic gel; filled with various packs of gel or slime that represented various organs. It was wearing a fair amount of armor, it had two plastic arms that were holding a model of a rifle.

"Drop the weapon!" Yoshua yelled out

It didn't listen, the arms moved up; about to point the weapon at Yoshua. He pulled the trigger, letting off another three rounds. Each of them blew holes in the vest, tumbled inside the "body" and then came out leaving a larger hole then when they went in. The copper was very hot, it ended up melting the gel around the tunnels it made, causing packs that weren't even hit to burst. The model fell backward from the energy, and Yoshua sighed as this part of the training was done.

Another soldier walked over to him, one of the "Repentant" actually; clapping loudly despite his gloves.  As Yoshua unloaded the rifle and set it down, the repentant turned off the firing range by leaning on a button.

"Looked excellent, let's see how well you ready did." He said

"We'll see." Yoshua replied, letting out a breath

They both walked over to the various paper targets to look at them, it was easy to hear it's other footsteps with the microphone in their helmets making everything louder. Anything to loud, like gunshots; wouldn't be picked up and wouldn't be heard inside their heavily insulated helmets.

"Hmm, enemy." Paul said, before walking to a few other targets one by one. "Enemy, enemy, enemy. Very good aim, Comrade. Let's see the last one."

Yoshua sighed heavily, before saying something. "Fine, let's go look it over."

"Hmm." Paul mummered, as he felt up the figure and removed it's armor carefully. "He's completely dead, in several different ways. With this kind of ammo, I am not sure if anything more then hitting the enemy is needed to kill him. You could have done this with just a single round."

 "Combat is going to be miserable." Yoshua admitted "I am so full of hate, but I feel the weight each time I do this."

Paul took Yoshua into his arms and held him close, rubbing his back softly.

"I know how you feel, you are going to do just fine." Paul insisted "The Kinful are never alone in the Federation, we are here for you."

"Of course you are here for me, you're overproducing oxytocin." Yoshua growled out "You're addicted to the whatever benefits the Federation."

"They gave me a second chance, they gave us both a second chance." Paul asserted

"Taking in the orphan children of a mass rape is not giving a second chance, it's giving a chance at all." Yoshua gnarled

Compositism is
is a system of orderly but democratic government that is based around the promotion, respect, and careful but frequent use of military. The term Compositism comes from the words "Composite Armor" ; a type of armor used in tanks during the past that involved a number of highly effective materials. typically if made of high quality, it would involve RHA steel, a very dense "heavy metal", shattering ceramic, and a number of different materials. Composite Armor is incredibly tough, capable of taking more damage then anything that was invented before it. Each part is special, but vastly less effective alone. Armor exists to protect, but it can be used as a weapon to defend.

Compositism
can and does frequently appear alongside egalitarianism and Humanism, both of which are highly paranoid of anything that might be a threat to the "innocents". This includes others, the self, money, or culture. After the system goes into effect, it's only a matter of time till so much is considered a good source of ideas on how to improve; that the state changes quickly to adapt and evolve. The final issue with Compositism is that it constantly calls for a greater struggle, till the war is so big that all that can be freed are freed and all suffering of the innocent can be stamped out by any means appropriate.


© 2016 Tevo77777


Author's Note

Tevo77777
What do you think of the tone? What about the characters? The titles and groups they belong to? Their names? Their personalities?

Is the setting and tone of the environment clear?

How is my grammar?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on April 16, 2016
Last Updated on April 22, 2016


Author

Tevo77777
Tevo77777

Phoenix, AZ



About
I used to read a lot of good novels and now I just read raw information that I use for my writing. I take inspiration from the pain that I feel, some joy as well; but most of the bright pictures .. more..

Writing