Chapter 1: All in a day work for me

Chapter 1: All in a day work for me

A Chapter by Matthew Thades
"

the beginning of the story of Zero a Bounty hunter working for Area 51 who job is to catch or at times to catch legendary creatures that try to break the laws and peace they build with humans for year

"

Creation we all made for something some for greatness some to change ideas that spread across the world. We are created but why we were created and how no science no religion have figure out the answer just yet. Then there came an idea of positive and negative we hold equal shares of light and darkness, good and evil. I don't know how I was created or why all I know is I was born with something it common as everyone else a soul. Yet I still want to find the answer of the biggest question this world ever known. More then even life itself or rather or not there is a god watching over us. If human have the ability to change their ways so they won't end with a cursed fate? By the way I'm Zero Zorex Thades if you think I'm like anyone well I guess I may need to prove you wrong. I didn't ask for this life and I didn't ask to search the world to free me from a curse I never wanted. Well that life for you?? You never truly get what you want you learn to live what you have and be grateful for it. Well it all started at the shop aka my house where I worked. I sat at the computer desk reading emails from people who were kind enough to said "Stay away from my family devil or I'll shoot you." Aww how sweet they left out the part that I didn't care. I soon stare around at my office the wall was cover head to toe with weapons I picked up while traveling like Thor' Hammer, the breastplate Aegis, just about any good Relics that I found that seem to be match enough to the originals. there was a large leather couch I normally sleep on when I'm too lazy to go to my bed. A huge big screen TV which I have no idea why I got that I only used it to see what I have on the computer. I kept my bookshelves fill with books to study while I made sure I hid the type people would kill for well notice from sight. I soon heard a loud knock on the door. "My Agent here already and it not even six O'clock this much be good." I said easily amused. A woman aka my agent who clean up my mess I leave behind walked in. She a bit odd one may said. She wore a bright gray business suit as she had short bright blond hair and cold amber color eyes to match. Her skin was like sand a clear tannish brown like she spread her whole day in the sun working.

"Hey it look like my baby sitter came back to lecture me on a job well done."

"Cut the crap Zero you know why I'm here. You got another job and I have a date tonight so I don't have time for your games. You know Arena 51 swore a oath of secrecy about you if we keep having to erase people memories I..."

"Don't worry about it. I'll take whatever I can get. Beside I never asked them to ruin your date with your girlfriend so, I'll get this done no problem beside that why I'm for to catch the monsters the escape from there. Now just give me the location of where it last seen and you be back on your date in no time Rachel."

She sigh as she pull out a Iphone and used it to connect to my TV. soon a monster appear on screen telling me its data, strengths, weakness, and its picture. It was a giant monster with the upper body and head of a woman with four glowing red eyes and long spiky black hair she wore armor that were golden in color her lower body was a bit scary she had eight legs with a huge black hind similar to that of a spider her arms were more like claws with long nails like talons and teeth razor sharp.

" Arachne the spider woman who use her webs to trap her prey and poison to kill them she at times find a mate to use to help her make eggs but eat them afterwards. Your mission is find and bring her in dead or alive she was last seen in a cave not far from here trying to lure some victims we sent a few people in but they haven't came back nor response. So you know what you have to do??" Rachel asked explaining it to me.

I laughed as I looked at myself in the mirror I have bright sliver hair very short yet spiked up while my eyes where dark and a cold brown. I wore a black t-shirt, blue jeans, and old pair of Nike sneakers. I smirked as I remember that girls for some odd reason told me I was beautiful and would at times do whatever they can to ask me out maybe that why they trust Rachel Brown at giving me my jobs and keeping me in line since she hate men period. I soon looked at her and gave her the look I knew she hated the stare where I'm ready to play some tricks and later on eat some treats. I soon grab my weapon of choice a pair of hook swords. they were long sliver blade with a curved at the very end like a fish's hook turn out to be a crescent moon. The handle was a bright strong grip wrapped in leather and held a single guard that fix like a wave of fire. there was one point of the sword that was odd a long piece of clothe on both end that can easily be swung around and tie all over my arm never to be taken off unless I do so. I wore a guard covering most of my lower arm and only a quarter of my waist it was pure sliver with IX the Roman numbering for 9 engraved on it. As one of the swords ribbon touch the guard it attach itself becoming part of my arm. I soon put both swords on my back in a long sheathe I like to keep always on me. I soon walk out as I told Rachel. "I'll be home soon so hopefully you not mad at me to the point of burning my house down."

"Whatever just do your job."

Soon I went out to the edge of town into the forbidden caves where bones of fallen Agents was left by the Arachne I had a strong bad feeling there was a trap as a huge spider tried to attack me from behind. I sense the assault just in time to dodge it but as I jump I felt like I couldn't moved stunk to a sticky line a web. soon the spider woman herself gave in view very pleased with herself. She smiled like she was once a beautiful woman cursed by a angry goddess into turning into something that turn evil and hungry.

"So Zero you shown up?? please do try to leave you were always fun to talk to in that cell." she said in a voice that were able to trap more then her web

"that was before or after you tried to eat me??"I said

"Its a spider nature to eat their mates you know that."

"Oh right and I just happen to never mated in my life."

"Oh but you will for I still need to make eggs and the youngling need a strong father after all."

I smirk as I laughed. "Okay but you forget one thing I going to fight back." soon blue flames burst into the air destroying the webs as I took my sword out ready to fight.

"NO YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO STAND PUT." the spider woman yelled in raged.

I soon took out my sword as her and smirk. "Then make me all I know you make a trap from your butt. Either that crap or I really need a day off"

She soon slash her claws at me as it then was on. I took out both of my swords and block her attack as I made a step backward and quickly threw one of my sword. she dodge it as she looked at me. "really that the best you can do." soon I used my other sword that was still in my hand to used a back forward thrust hitting her arm as it came off as her arms faded into a black darkness I grab the ribbon of my other sword and pull it back toward me stabbing her in the back hitting a lung as she cough blood. so"You If I won't die unless you die with me." soon she used her claws to stabbed into my chest hitting my heart. I looked at her with a huge smirk as I grabbed her arm and twisted it as I finish her off with a good clean slash.

"what my poison kill in seconds." she said as her body faded into shadows as was just a mere trick of the light.

"You can't kill that can't die and you can't kill one without a soul." I said as my wound from her healed quickly. as I walked out of the cave I found myself surrounded by the team of Arena 51 Agents with them was the commander and chief  known  as Secret. she have no name no life she never existed. She have long bluish sliver hair and eyes to match. She wore a white business suit and had skin pale like one of the undead. she was very beautiful in the age of only early 20s.

"Good job Zero a job well done."

"Hey Snow and why you out in the heat??"

"Show some respect you know I head of Arena 51 and her boss and as for the heat its Winter moron you know that better then everyone."

"Well I'm sorry I was locked up by you for about 6 months in that cell so I forgot the time of season."

"Just head home we handle it from here."

I smirked as I walked off as I jump onto the roof top. "Later suckers." I said

as soon I walked off I knew all in that day work my life is about to get a bit more interesting all by the touch of fate.



© 2011 Matthew Thades


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on October 31, 2011
Last Updated on October 31, 2011


Author

Matthew Thades
Matthew Thades

Wichita Falls Texas, TX



About
Hi Ya I'm new at writing. I love writing I also love nature and fantasy books more..

Writing