Class Concepts: The Priest

Class Concepts: The Priest

A Story by A Modern Hippy
"

This concept is purely for use as a guide to the capabilities and powers of what I consider the important class types, as well as what type they are and what equipment I see them using.

"

Priest

*Type: magic, strength

*Special: Four paths, Twelve skill types

-Necromancy; Raising, Resurrection and Control

-Crafting; Weapons, Armour and Items

-Spirit; Communication, Separation and Possession

-Restoration; Repair, Revitalisation and Replication

*Armament; Dagger, Skull, Short sword, Robes/Half armour, Buckler

© 2014 A Modern Hippy


Author's Note

A Modern Hippy
This is one of my more obscure Class Concepts, a little more personalised to my thinking than the others. The 'Priest' class is one that is often used, has a fairly strong character and more often than not is absolutely essential to the storyline, having a strong narrative presence.
As a character class though, this character type is usually fairly limited; they're either an antagonist or bad guy, dealing in raising the dead, spiritual communication and possession, and possessing powerful armaments that support their magics; or they're a good guy side character, fulfilling the role of a healer and mediator in whatever environment or situation they are found in, with limited healing magic, few items and a heavy religious theme.
So with this concept I have tried to bridge the gap in power and character identity between the dark and light style priests and allow them to be written in a more complex and free manner, leaving room for the classic roles to be used as well as original ones to be developed.
The form of the spells and skills is entirely in the hands of any writer who takes some inspiration from my models.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on December 26, 2014
Last Updated on December 26, 2014

Author

A Modern Hippy
A Modern Hippy

Perth, Australia



About
Message me any setting+animal+object+ (optional) genre and I will write a short story using those elements. Also, any post with the title 'Character Concept', 'World Concept' or 'Story Concept' i.. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by A Modern Hippy