Fan-Fic

Fan-Fic

A Story by A Modern Hippy

Mako came to consciousness quickly, and rolled from the pallet where he had been sleeping to his preprepared hiding place under the arm of an abandoned sub to watch the Trandoshan mercenaries stalk slowly into the light.

He watched them carefully, noting their quiet and efficient searching of his sleeping place, how the three that he could see gave no indication of there being more present. He saw the ease and comfort with which they handled their blades and the confidence with which they moved, and he knew they were professionals, veteran fighters and hunters.

And he smiled.


They were exceptional, that much was clear, but they were still mostly warriors and although they possessed the legendary tracking abilities of all Trandoshans, Mako was peerless in unseen movement and hiding his presence.

For one who had evaded countless Jedi patrols, avoiding detection by a band of Trandoshan mercenaries was no great feat.


This time he grinned, then swore at himself. One of the mercenaries had caught the little flash of blue produced by the parted lips of their target, and with nary a glance at one another the whole team filled the tiny space with laser, narrowly missing the little creature as he dived into the chute behind him.

That was too close he thought as he dusted himself off, and after a moment to get his sense of direction he started off along the tunnel.

All things considered, his little gamble had paid off, and the darkness around him promised that better was yet to come.

***

The Trandoshans were pleased. They had missed him again, and he continued to evade them. The little thing was good sport and, on top of that, skilled. The rifle and pistol he had been given at drop off had been found by a patrol buried in the mud of a meadow, alongside the bare carcasses of a team of the nacrous creatures the Trandoshans herded for meat.

Exactly how he had killed and stripped four of the mammoth sized creatures to the bone the hunters didn’t know, nor did they really care.

It promised to be a long, hard hunt and that was all they cared for.

The details would be left to the scribes and priests.

***

© 2014 A Modern Hippy


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

A Modern Hippy
This is something I wrote after watching all six Star Wars films and then some with a group of friends. It struck me most heavily then how little is said of Yoda, despite his being one of the THE most important characters in the whole universe. Pretty much literally.
So, I wrote this as a precursor to some exploration into what Yoda is, as his species (if such exists) is never named, and where he came from.
This writing is not about Yoda directly; it's simply an experiment to see if his character is malleable and flexible enough to fit into a storyline other than the original set of stories.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on December 29, 2014
Last Updated on December 29, 2014
Tags: Star Wars, Yoda

Author

A Modern Hippy
A Modern Hippy

Perth, Australia



About
Message me any setting+animal+object+ (optional) genre and I will write a short story using those elements. Also, any post with the title 'Character Concept', 'World Concept' or 'Story Concept' i.. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by A Modern Hippy