Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Legend19
"

...

"
Silently I crept through the night, leaping from rooftop to rooftop, trying to get to my home, praying not to run into the Keepers. Their spot lights at every corner, penetrating the ones they caught, bloodcurdling cries and screams for help echoed throughout the night, they didn’t affect me anymore. I’ve seen the faces of the caught. They were my friends, my family. I dodged a light as swiftly as I could, only two more rooftops and a climb down to go. Springing from place to place, finally reaching the tree to climb down. Once my feet hit the ground I went to the base of the trunk, uncovered the entrance and went down into it. There were only twelve of us left; we led the resistance. We were the home base. Brian and I, Crystal, were the official leaders, the ones who started the resistance. Each day we try to make the world less controlled, more free.
Once I got to the bottom, I went straight towards the code locked steel door. I entered the code, the door swung open and I rushed in to relock the door as quickly as possible. As soon as I had done this, I was bombarded with hugs. Asher, Brian, Jade, Luke, Jake, Daniel, Tanner, Conner, Mikey, Ethan, and Winter were no longer just teammates, they were my family. Once I was released from their grasp, they all asked at the same time,
“Where were you?” and then a wave of separate questions hit me all at the same time.
To me it was just jumbled up sounds. This went on for five minutes, and finally, I was tired of it. I took a deep breath.
“Enough!” One question at a time!” They all stared at me. “That’s much better, for your first question I was out scouting for information on what the Keepers next move is going to be. Now, Daniel, you go first, everyone else. Line up!” They did what I said without arguing, even Brian , who technically didn’t have to listen to me, seeing as though he was the other leader, but then Daniel spoke.
“Why didn’t you tell anyone that you were going out?”
“Because, oh, I don’t know, maybe because i'm one of the leaders?” I replied sarcastically. When doing this Daniel's face turned bright red. I sighed then spoke. “Alright who’s next?”
This went on for half an hour. As soon as it was done, I went to go get some food, but like usual, there was nothing. I would have to get food tomorrow, but tonight I was going to bed hungry. I went to my room and lied down on my bed, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.


© 2017 Legend19


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on October 24, 2017
Last Updated on October 24, 2017
Tags: Realistic fiction


Author

Legend19
Legend19

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Legend19


Elementals Elementals

A Book by Legend19


Chapter two Chapter two

A Chapter by Legend19