Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by TonTon
"

A back story on how the world became the power-driven force it is in this book.

"

PROLOGUE

 

Earth: 2045, December 12


It was like any normal day across the world, people were going to work, school, and enjoying their daily lives, until the day when the skies were littered with missiles across the world over the capitals of various countries. There were no sirens, no warnings, just the impact of the missiles hitting building after building, area after area. The blasts were felt from hundreds of miles away. Ravaged and burning cities were on the screens in every surviving city, shock and horror stretched across the planet. Leaders of each country were blaming each other for this mass genocide; the world was in total chaos.


Earth: 2047, December 12


A distraught Earth was left in fear of itself. Then, like in an old fairy tale where help arrives at the last minute, came the United Order of Government, underground groups around the world who gained popularity over the past two years and erupted to a point of leadership of the entire Earth on December 12, 2047. Earth’s people were split into two groups, the believers and the skeptics. The believers felt the Order were their saviors during these dark days and would restore the Earth to its former glory. The Skeptics however, well, they were skeptical. They thought it was too much of a coincidence that they made their public announcement on the same day the attack happened.


Nonetheless, Earth was slowly starting to rebuild itself. Many skeptics turned to believers after the Order made the greatest find of their time. An unlimited supply of neoplasm, a substance that was once only available to the extremely wealthy. It’s a material which can be made into anything, from daily uses like pens, to whole buildings. The Earth thrived on this new material, exporting it across the cosmos to ally planets. The money that came from the neoplasm helped fund the largest project the Earth worked on as a whole, the Safe-Zones.


The Safe-Zones are cities the Order created that were built over the cities that were destroyed in the attack. There are 99 in total. Safe-Zone 100 is the capital the Order uses and is restricted to all outsiders unless formally invited. All the Safe-Zones are under control by one leader from the Order, because of this, in order to enter the Safe-Zones you must be fit for work or a reliable asset, the Safe-Zones are industrial cities, however this causes problems with the population in the Safe-Zones. To compromise this problem the Order started removing those who they saw would be unable to do work; men, women, and children. Anyone who was left behind had no contact to those on the outside. They were tricked into thinking the outside world is a savage land. None had ever left.


Until 20 years later, when a group of five strangers escaped from Safe-Zone Three. 



© 2012 TonTon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on March 19, 2012
Last Updated on March 19, 2012


Author

TonTon
TonTon

FL



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TonTon


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by TonTon


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by TonTon