Despair

Despair

A Poem by Creepy Swine Guy



Getting up and walking past her to the shower
to begin my day, I take one last look back at her,
one last look at the perfection imagined by God,
or evolution, or whatever, and then made real.

I am somber, for I must now wash away the sweet
aroma of her inner essence and be left with but
the memory of how she felt to the touch, the memory
of the sound of her soft, desperate gasps, and the
relentless, yet fading echo of that treasured scent.

Since the very first moment I laid eyes upon her,
I knew she would one day be my greatest joy.
But I never considered these moments, all too
often, that I would have to leave her, I never
imagined she could also be my greatest despair.

© 2015 Creepy Swine Guy


Author's Note

Creepy Swine Guy
Title ("The Disjoining") is tentative ... I am open to suggestions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Disjoining seems awkward to me ... seems too clinical for such a wonderful gift ... the leaving ... or embers .. or .. Sunrise Lament ... :)

this part "or evolution, or whatever," takes away greatness of this woman; i think it could be left out .. but thats just me ... i am thoroughly into the God thing ... no accidents here :))
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love it, it's sad. The title warned us. One small suggestion would be to take out "all too
often," I felt like I stumbled over that. I'd also take out whatever in S1 L4. However, I loved the description of looking back at her. It is a perfectly lovely poem filled with a moment of perfection that cannot be sustained. I find Disjoining to be very scientific like chemical bonds torn usunder. I like Unraveled, it fits more with the softness of the piece. Hope you don't mind that I made more suggestions that you actually suggested. I do like the poem very much ; )

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Disjoining seems awkward to me ... seems too clinical for such a wonderful gift ... the leaving ... or embers .. or .. Sunrise Lament ... :)

this part "or evolution, or whatever," takes away greatness of this woman; i think it could be left out .. but thats just me ... i am thoroughly into the God thing ... no accidents here :))
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"D****t" I am saying as I wipe away a single tear (true) ! This is beautiful, sad, powerful and clever. You have described the perfect love affair. The longing will continue for a lifetime till they two shall meet again ... If only for a chat and coffee. !! Just my thoughts here :-)
This is going to my faves this dull wet and windy Sunday morning Mr !!!
Thank you for brightening things up a tad for me
Xx

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Departure," perhaps? "The Disjoining" sounds kind of harsh when compared to the softness of the poem. The words are beautiful and pillowy soft, despite the sadness of having to leave. Beauty is interwoven throughout each letter and word of this poem. Very nice indeed!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 8, 2013
Last Updated on October 5, 2015

Author

Creepy Swine Guy
Creepy Swine Guy

Central, NY



About
The Ten Commandments of the Writer's Cafe (King Swine Version). 1. Thou shalt not plagiarize. 2. Thou shalt not treat badly any writer based on their age, social status, ability or creative view.. more..

Writing
Erased Erased

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy