Every Poet Writes Those Lines

Every Poet Writes Those Lines

A Poem by Creepy Swine Guy
"

Don't we all write this poem in some shape or form.

"

Every poet writes those lines.

The ones that bring the pain.
Stanzas recount every tear,
And they fall again like rain.

 

Absent loves leave tired hearts
To lie at fitful wake.
Left alone to struggle with
That dull and throbbing ache.

 

Oh that words returned to us,
Lost days and moments gone.
But Time, she has no pity,
She grimly marches on.

 

How many are there out there
Who do not have a clue?
They do not know our anguish
They’ve all found loves anew.

 

So we write, we pray, we hope,
They wonder how we’ve been.
We tell ourselves they'll miss us
As the tears bleed from our pens.

© 2014 Creepy Swine Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

They say that "time assuages,"--
Time never did assuage;
An actual suffering strengthens,
As sinews do, with age.
Time is a test of trouble,
But not a remedy.
If such it prove, it prove too
There was no malady.
--E. Dickinson

We write ourselves on the page. And I see you're having trouble with lost moments and time gone. :-)

When words are written with true emotion, the feelings cannot be masked. They are as alive in the words as you or me. We can always be found out by our writing.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh wow. Very well done. The last line is what got me, but all before that kept me going. I've read this one about four times now, and I have to say its one of the best I've read in a very long time. I know we can all relate. Putting your soul to paper, revealing more than you want, and not everyone realizes the actual pain and tears that inspired such writings...

As the tears bleed from our pens...

Thats genius. I applaud you.

~C

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I tend to use a very similar set up to many of my poems. You have an excellent base, but suffer mildly from a word flow mechanics problem. Word flow mechanics is a term for the way the words bounce off each other. The dynamic the words give the language. I always use the example of the words metallic, and gravelly. If you say metallic, gravelly.. your words create a false pause, or beat where the sounds create a break. If you reverse the order, they smooth in transition, and the ghost beat dissappears. Here we go.

Every poet writes that poem
The poem that brings the pain.
Stanzas recount every tear,
The tears that fall like rain.

You've got a lot of p's popping in rapid repitition in the first two lines. In addition, the use of tears twice in such a short span creates something of a subconscious question of depth of vocabulary. I would try to make the first two lines a little less suzie sells sea shells, and perhapse change the last The tears to something like those drops or something. The imagery of the first stanza is solid, and the comparitive was a well placed simile.

Loves long lost, leave tired hearts
To lie in fitful wake.
Left each day to struggle with
That slow, dull, throbbing ache.

In this stanza you've become enamored with "L". Again.. tongue twisterish. The last line is a bit of a mouthful, as well, but the stanza held its own, and the descriptives conveyed the image well. The rythmn was very nice as well.

Oh that words could bing us back
The days, the moments gone.
But Time, she has no pity,
She grimley marches on.

I enjoyed this stanza. It flowed smoothly, and your metaphor was well placed, and the whole thing has the sound of a famous quote. I wouldn't change anything, here.

How many are there out there
Who do not have a clue?
They do not know our anguish
They've all found lives anew.

For some reason, this stanza is struggleng to hold its rythmn even though the beats are correct. Two theres within three words is one too many.

So we write, we pray, we hope
They wonder how we've been.
We tell ourselves they miss us
As the tears bleed from our pens

This last stanza is great. The first line holds on a little to long, but that final image was perfect. It really tied the first stanza to the final making the piece feel whole. Very well constructed, and the imagery was beautiful.

With a tad bit of polish you've got a gem, here.

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

*cries* this is so true!!! the poet in us turns it into words, trying to tell others of our pain.

marvelous, simply marvelous.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That's amazing! That last line is awesome! You have hit the nail on the head and I must say this has an outstanding rhyme and rythym to it. It flows so well and makes for such an easy read. The message in it is one I would not have thought of, but oh so true! Oh, that words could bring us back! I love the way the way this leaves me feeling! Brilliant!

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the rhythm of this write! More so, i love the message it leaves inside me after i read it.

"tears bleed from our pens".... the fact we can write to dig deep enough into the dungeons of our souls leaves us plagued by tears many will never understand and even fewer can even start to comprehend.

Outstanding work i say to an outstanding poet.

Posted 17 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

916 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 22, 2014

Author

Creepy Swine Guy
Creepy Swine Guy

Central, NY



About
The Ten Commandments of the Writer's Cafe (King Swine Version). 1. Thou shalt not plagiarize. 2. Thou shalt not treat badly any writer based on their age, social status, ability or creative view.. more..

Writing
Erased Erased

A Chapter by Creepy Swine Guy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


this kinda blue this kinda blue

A Poem by Rain