Monday

Monday

A Story by Blayk McCartney
"

you know... I don't think I told you about my Monday... and since I won't have an actual story out this month, have this bit of personal ramblings

"
Monday was crap but at the same time, I wasn't unhappy... until later in the day and I realized how much I should really be at home laying down; I didn't do that either.

Its the first day back from a week long camping trip and I haven't been on my C-PAP for all that time because of the lack of electricity; that and I hadn't been taking my supplements, so in a word, I was fatigued. In the last day of the trip I woke with a throat made of sandpaper and the crack of dawn and all I could do was listen to my Ipod which I had been conserving for the mornings. I continuously woke at that hour and I hated it.

So I had caught a bit of a cold and my sleeping pattern and reverted back to before the C-PAP but I was handling it well enough. Monday morning though... Well I got up at a better time but I wasn't doing that well still; then I checked me email. My job councilor has emailed me to tell me that someone is willing to have me for a work placement -meaning that I get to work a job for a few weeks without the manager having to pay me so I can get work exp and the employer can see if they want to hire me without having to go on the blind faith of a resume.- but I need to meet with the guy Monday... I'm thinking something like'crap its Monday and I'm volunteering at the thrift store today from 10:30 to 4:30!' 

I didn't think I had the time so I forget to eat breakfast and prepare a lunch and just leave to start looking for this restaurant I'd be working at to meet the employer. I get there early enough that I beat the guy to the shop and am waiting there for him.

After meeting him and talking a bit, I headed back out to try and make it to the thrift store, well now I get stuck running up a steep arse hill that easily got me sweating. I'd have waited for the bus has it not been for the fact that it was going to be about an hour till it came by.

As I'm running up hill dodging cars in intersections I manage to make it almost all the way up without incident when finally, a car was waiting for me to get out of the way so they can pull out of a drive way and I just trip. I forgot the pants I was wearing was ripped up at the bottom  of the left leg and my foot gets caught and I just fall over like a twit. I picked up my haggard self gave a smile and a wave to say I'm alright to the driver as I started running of again. my hands now feel like someone put a cheese grater to them.

I decide to just check my watch at this point... only to realize, I still have loads of time. I had mixed feelings about that. from there I went to my bank to check the ATM; see how much I have in there, maybe I'll go get some new pants... or a kit to stitch my current pair. I got a total of sixty cents (curses Nintendo for getting me all hyped up for the new games coming out!)

In the end I just give in and go to work early where I slowly got more and more hungry and finally realized I had no food with me. 

When the day ended and a started to walk home, I felt sick, dizzy, tired, cramped from hunger. when I got home? I didn't really eat much... it was more like I became immobile and was waiting to pass out.

I'm still recovering... 

© 2015 Blayk McCartney


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on June 26, 2014
Last Updated on May 15, 2015
Tags: Mondays, rambling, my day

Author

Blayk McCartney
Blayk McCartney

BC, Canada



About
I suffer from depression and anxiety, but I'm working on recovering. I'm in my early 20's and jobless I love reading, graphic novels, comics, and novels. I also love Nintendo games and Minecraft .. more..

Writing