What are we really (part 2)

What are we really (part 2)

A Story by Blayk McCartney
"

Mark finds that his new troubles are only going to get worse. he thought Rena might be the stability he needed but even she's not all she seems to be.

"

 The bell went, signaling the end of the day prompting me to impatiently make my exit. I worked my way threw the crowd of students down three flights of stairs to the first floor and escaped out a side exit. Walking with a quick pace, I made it to the center of the campus where the library was in between the Elementary, Middle, High, and University schools. It was a big campus and it was done in a circular pattern. Library in the center, then the schools, all physical activates like a weight lifting gym, track, and sports areas -including an indoor and an outdoor pool- took two thirds of the final ring. All gym classes were spent there; there was as much indoor as well as outdoor stuff so it was good for all year. The remainder of the final circle was parking.

 Why am I talking about the layout of this place? I get to go spent time with Rena!


 Rena was already seated, a book open with some papers in front of her and a pencil in hand when I found her in the back left corner. I awkwardly came closer, not sure how to alert her I was there without making her jump... I was also confused as to how to say hello as well. Brain go mush.

 She suddenly looked up and said "Well? come on, you're not just going to stand there and stair are you?"

 My face went hot but I did as requested. I sat down across from her and pulled out my first day's school and home work, I hadn't done any of it in the end, I was just so distracted today.

 "Off daydreaming again?" she asked looking at the stack of pages.

 My face tingles with renewed heat as I replied "No, not exactly anyways; like I said at lunch... Then after lunch, well, I guess I was a bit excited. I haven't had an honest friend in what feels like years."

 A hint of pink appeared on her own face as she smiles at me more "I'm sorry that's the case but I'm also happy to hear you were excited to see me."


 We sat and work for a fair chunk of time. Rena helped me with a lot of my work; I found that a little surprising because she didn't look like a high scoring student in anything other then gym but I was very wrong and I'm very much okay with that.

 Half way threw all of my work, we both heard someone hit the floor. We knew it was a someone because of the small voice that cried out in pain when they hit the ground. Rena didn't seem surprised in the least, but she did get up to go check out what had happened. I on the other hand jumped in my chair a little before getting up and go to do the same. I moved quicker in my concern for whoever it was.

 I went passed two rows toward the door and turned down the third aisle where I discovered a little girl around eleven or twelve on the floor; her clothes all ruffled up with a few books scattered around her. She looked to be a bit sore but okay.

 "Are you alright? Can I help you up?"

 She brushes some of her long wavy brown hair out of her lighter brown eyes to look up at me. She looked distressed with a small tear starting to form in one eye. 

 "I'm fine" she mumbled as she took the sleeve-covered hand I held out for her so I could help her to her feet.

 "No bumps of scrapes? No blood?"

 She sniffed a laugh as she said "No."

 We both started collecting up the dropped books and putting them back up on the shelf from where they fell. She had to pass a number of books to me as she to short to reach where they belonged.

 Once all put away I asked "were you climbing the shelf for one of the higher books?"

 She gave me a meek look without responding.

 "That can be really dangerous, the bookshelf could fall over on you and you could get really hurt"

 She gave a sad nod to show she understood.

 "Alright, you're okay, just as long as you understand; you should ask for help or get a step ladder from by the front desk.

 "Now, what book did you want? I'll get it down for you." I finished with a smile.

 Her face began to light up "I asked one of the older girls near the front where I could find a book that would tell me how to make my brother feel better and they told me to go here and pick one, so I was looking for a big one and I saw that one with the grey tie on the side of the book and thought that one might be good cause its got guy stuff on it and none of the other books do. They all look or sound weird."

 I started wondering what was in this aisle but looked up to the book she pointed out. The title was Fifty Shades Of Grey. My mouth dropped open and my face went red. I turned to see Rena behind me.

 "This is the romance and erotic section..." she said awkwardly.

 I turned back to the little girl who was now looking mildly curious.

 "Could you show me who told you to go here?" I asked.

 And so I was lead to a three girls roughly my age.

 "Are you the ones who told her to go to the romance and erotic section for something to help her brother?"

 They all looked up and started looking highly amused. 

 "you all are a disgusting, vulgar bunch if you really think that's funny!"

 "Whatever, we're just playing around, no harm."

 "She was trying to get a book guaranteed to scare her for life and if reading the book didn't, her trying to do what she read for her brother? That WOULD destroy her life you pigs! 

 Their snickering stoped but they still smiled on nonchalantly at me and said "Whatever, get lost."


 I shook my head in disgust as I turned away, Rena on the other hand past me by, leaned in so only the girls could hear and said something to them that clearly freaked them out because they all jumped up, apologized, and bolted.

 The little girl took the words out of my mouth and said "What did you tell them?"

 "On nothing really, just told them to say sorry for being rude." she didn't go any farther into it, instead she headed back too our table. I watched her go.

 After a second, I crouched down to the little girl and asked "What are you trying to help your brother with?"

 She told me a rather sad story about how her parents died and her brother had just dropped out of school and started working full time so he could raise her himself and how he still does online courses as well as cook, clean, take care of her, takes her to school every day and of course, work. This guy is the same age as me, sixteen and he works fulltime as well as being a parent to his sister and still aiming to finish school. He should get an award for best person ever in my opinion.

 Anyway, she talks about feeling bad for him because he does so much and he gets so stressed and tired but still acts so good natured and patient with her. She desperately wanted to do something for him in return. She would do anything for him, she remarked. I thought about this for a long minute before I came to the idea that maybe a back rub would be good. That sort of thing is meant to relieve tension and stress and stuff. I helped her find a good book that could teach her what to do.

 She was so excited, she gave me a kiss on the cheek, said thanks and ran off. I was a little stunned and wasn't sure what to do then, but suddenly she was back and said "My name's Nadira! What's yours?"

 "uh, Mark."

 She said thank you again, this time saying my name then dashed off again.

 What had me most stunned was she kissed me. She touched my skin without suddenly... Acting differently. It was so strange. It is so strange. 


 I went back to the table to continue where Rena and I left off. She was sitting, waiting for me; she watched me come past the selves toward her until are eyes met. She gave me a soft smile that made me feel all warm inside. The baffled look I wore only faded into a small smile in return for a short second before turning back. 

 Her eye brows knitted together and she asked "What's wrong?"

 "Uh... Nothing, I suppose. Don't worry about it. Thanks for getting those girls to apologize to Nadira."

 "Oh, was that her name? You don't need to thank me for that. Just knowing I'm of help is enough. I love to help."

 "I still would thank you regardless, and yeah she gave me her name when she thanked me for helping her."

 "She was a pretty cute kid, eh?"

 "Yeah... But somehow, I'm worried about her a little... I feel like things are only going to get harder for her..."

 "How do you know?" Rena questioned.

 "I-.... I don't really know..." I replied before sitting down thinking hard about it. No answer came to me.


Between then and Winter Holiday, Rena and I spent more and more time together in which I learned much about her. She was extremely athletic and strong -I learned this during a school sporting event. Its crazy just how strong she is and how well toned her body is.... Admittedly, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She was gorgeous! Haa...

 She was also one of the top students in her grade. I discovered this when we got our first of the four report cards of the year, I also learned she was a grade above me, though I suppose that doesn't really matter any. She's highly popular with most everyone. A number of people liked to hit on her any chance they got which I found frustrating as it often meant interrupting us well we were talking or studying but -although she was a little careful with her attitude- she always turned them away quickly. I wondered if she already had a boyfriend or girlfriend... That was something I had yet to discover. I learned that she had a mild, humored disdain for books involving ninja like Naruto; If that makes sense to you.

 Other things in my life where still moving along about as well as the start of the school year. Sandra was still a constant irritation only now she seemed more... suspicious and agitated. Over all more tense, and the more tense she got, the more she pushed herself on me well feeding. It was like she was trying to remind me I belong to her or something; I don't actually know. I don't want to talk about it either... ever. My other neighbour, Terran, continued to harass about me apparently being a god. He's tried a couple of approaches on me to get me to listen. Most of them dumb, childish, and annoying... I could only wonder what his boyfriend must be thinking of him. Funny enough, the two hadn't actually met that I had seen but I suspected that Sandra was deliberately avoiding that meet.


 During this bit of time there was a little more going on the I realized and only later learned about. As it turned out, Sandra had been watching me any chance she got. Anytime, anywhere.

She stalked me too and from school, at lunch, in between classes, after school hours, when I went around town to do this or that... I wouldn't be surprised if she watched me go for a leak in public bathrooms. I only know this now because Rena had been aware of it almost from day one and she told me about it some time after the matter. According to her, she just ignored Sandra at first thinking it was a 'stalker'. If Sandra had tried anything Rena was going to make sure I stayed safe well dealing with what she thought was her stalker. It clearly started to frustrate her though and she began to wonder if there was something else up. She started to pay more attention to the stalker in late November. She quickly discovered that the stalker wasn't stalking her but me, so Rena started to hang out with me less well she started stalking the stalker. I didn't realize that she was looking out for me at the time so as I saw her less I felt more depressed and lonely. 

 Sandra had given Rena the slip a number of times without even realizing she was being watched herself; Because of that Rena decided that she was going to follow me from the shadows instead of Sandra in the hopes that, if she lost Sandra again, she might catch sight of her later on. 

 On this day I was in much debate about why Rena seemed to be blowing me off so much lately. I wondered if I had done something wrong. This lead me to the idea that maybe I should get her a Christmas present. Instead of going straight home, so I went shopping; window shopping actually. I wasn't ready to actually start buying anything... Mostly because I didn't know what Sandra would do if she discovered the gift and I was only able to assume the worst; That and I didn't actually know if Rena celebrated. 

 Both ladies followed me from school, all around from local vendors to the nearby mall -a large and busy place in a large and busy city- too a little cafe near my appartement complex, and finally too my appartement.


 The next day, Saturday, I got a text from Rena. I'd been awake for sometime but just wasn't interested in getting up yet. I knew Sandra was already prowling about. At least she hadn't barged in... Yet. With as little movement as possible, I reached for my cell and checked it. 

 The text read: Hey Mark, sorry for bugging you so early in the morning. It snowed last night, have you seen it yet? It's pretty, makes me wanna go snowboarding! I'm going out to the mall today -the one near the school- and I was hoping you would come along with me. Come ASAP!

 I no longer wanted to lay about. I kicked my feet up into the air and brought them back down hard enough to lift my upper body; in the prosses, I knocked my blanket off. I put on grey pants -apparently yoga pants but they weren't skin tight like I thought they would be when I was given them some years ago- then some grey-green Khakis over top. A brown long-sleeve shirt made to look like burn holes were about to start forming in the fabric was the first thing I saw in my closet an so its what I threw on under my black and red hoody.

 All dressed and ready to go, I opened my bedroom door and discovered a scowling shrimp standing in my way. Her appearance made me recoil in surprise with the taste of annoyance as the after-flavour.

 "I'm going out." I declared as I slipped past her.

 She said nothing and let me go without so much as a twitch of movement. It was eerie. 


 I caught the bus as it went by to get there sooner. At the mall, I went around to the north entrance where I figured she would be waiting. When I found her, she was sitting alert and in the open looking about as she waited for me. She seemed a little on edge which didn't change, though she smiled, when she spotted me coming closer.


 "Hey. Sorry I didn't get here sooner only just got up." I apologized as I walked up to her.

 "It's okay" she smiled "how'd you sleep?"

 "Good, its one of the only times I'm completely relaxed."

 A sad smile crossed Rena's face but she didn't try and talk about it. She knew well enough that she couldn't make things better with a few words; even if they mean well.

 "So," she said "I bet you're wondering why I had you come out so early in the morning on a Saturday... I don't actually have a good reason other then impatience. Sorry." she put her hands together in front of her face, fingers all pointed up, and bowed her head to me in apology.

 I politely waved it off and said "its all good, I'm always happy to hang out with you. Honestly, you're my only sense of normalcy in my life so far."

 I noticed her shift awkwardly, a pinch of hurt in her eyes as she dropped eye contact; at the same time she blushed a little and smiled. I felt all sorts of confused.

 Before I could say anything more, she got up and said "come on, lets get breakfast."


 We went to our favourite local vendor and had some french toast with icing sugar, wiped cream, and strawberries on top. Super good food; healthy? Well... There are strawberries on it...

 We split the bill and enjoyed our food but Rena seemed a little on the distracted side. I watched her in wonder a while. When we finished and left I finally asked her what was wrong.

 "Eh? Oh, nothing... Just got the holidays on my mind. You celebrate Christmas?"

 "Yeah... Sort of. Certainly not a Charlie Brown Christmas though, not in my experience of them anyway."

 "How so?"

 "Well... Although my parents are good people and they mean well and all. They're more often busy with work or doing parties for work and stuff like that. And I often spend most of my time with my si-... Sister... Its been a long time since I've enjoyed Christmas." my voice cracked a little as I said sister and my volume lowered a little.

 "your sister... Did she do something to you...? No, actually, sorry for asking, I- you don't want to- I mean, its none of my-..."

 I awkwardly rolled my shoulders as a lump formed under my Adams apple, but I cut off her panicked apology and answered. "Y-yeah, you could say that I... I guess" I replied uneasily "She was... She and I where really close when we were little and... And she was really affectionate toward me. As w-we got older.... She started to, uh... She..."

 "H-hey! Its okay! Don't push yourself to tell me! Its okay, just... Just take a deep breath; I'll do it with you!" she said stiffening up even more as she watched me slowly fall apart well trying to tell this important thing that I felt was safe to tell her about.

 She turned to face me head on and went to hold my shoulders. She stopped and instead held her hands just over the sides of them. There was some sympathetic glances as people walked on around us, some snickers. Rena managed to get me calm none the less then had me sit in the nearest seat for a bit well she grabbed me a bottle of water from a vending machine. When she came back, she cracked it open for me and sat down beside me. In a strained voice, I said "thank you" before taking a sip. She smiled sweetly.

 "Hey, I feel like I shouldn't even ask considering... But, would you be alright if I got you something for Christmas? Or maybe we could... Er, actually, that is if you'll be staying for the holidays and not going back home-"

 "I'm not going back home!" I quickly replied. After a pause I shyly continued "I'd be happy about it if you wanted to get me something, or, or even just spending more time together. To tell the truth, I was already planing on getting you something."

 Her eyes lit up a little as I spoke. "That would make me happy to." she smiled back "maybe we could go skating at the open air rink."

 ":We could do that, I've never been skating before so as long as you can be patient with me well I figure it out..."

 "It'll be okay, I can teach you." She grinned big and no longer seemed distracted by whatever was concerning her.


 As the day passed we walked about and window shopped. I took mental notes of what she seemed interested in; She seemed particularly attracted in a pair of handwraps for boxing. I myself was more interested in the gardening equipment and plants on account of a green thumb.


 Its wasn't all that long before it started to darken outside again. We left the mall and walked threw a park on the way to my apartment when Rena grabbed me by the arm and stopped. I flinched hard and turned to face her, trying not to reel away. There was a look of shock on her face before she realized she had grabbed me and finally let go. She made her apologetic pose with her hands again but she didn't speak. She looked about her until she saw a large maple tree near us. After staring at it she looked at me and whispered "There's someone following us" she beckoned me to follow her off the path and behind another tree. Again, she whispered again into my ear "I'm gonna touch you for a second, please bare with it, okay?"

 "wh-what?! Why?!"

 She made a pleading look as she put a finger to her lips "please trust me."

 I felt completely uncertain but I gave in to her and nodded my concent. She got around behind me, laced her fingers around my middle, then there was a rush of air and the ground fell away. To my utter disbelieve, I was now standing on one of the boughs of the tree we were just under. Rena steadied me then let me go. I felt the need to start asking questions but I was to stunned to remember how to work my jaw, instead I just staired at her with wide eyes. She wasn't looking back at me though, she was looking back at the maple tree. After a long second her eyes started to follow something. I looked out after her gaze to see what she was so interesting to her. 

 I saw Sandra moving swiftly and silently across the path and going straight for where we were last on the ground. Once she was below us... Well, it was like Rena melted in with the shadows of the evening. Without so much as the ruffling sound of clothing, she was back on the ground with Sandra pinned under her. Her head flicked up to me. Her face was stern, hard.

 "This girls been following you for a long time now, I mean months kind of long time. Shes your neighbor right? The one that reminds you of your sister?" she looked back down at Sandra who seemed a bit stunned but mostly frustrated. "The one who's been abusing you?" something in her tone sounded dangerous.

 "how... How do you know...?"

 "Because shes been lurking around in the shadows watching you after we first met. It started getting to me so recently I've been following her well she follows you and I saw her go into the apartment beside the one you went to; I also saw her go into your apartment."

 "You've been- you've seen-!?" I felt flush. I couldn't figure out what to make of this. Everything left my head except for the thought that now she was surely going never come near me again, scared off and disgusted by my connection to Sandra. 

 In my confused panic I lost my balance. I didn't even notice I was falling until I was caught out of the air. Sandra roughly dropped me down on the grass on my back when we landed safely. Seeing her stand above me, knowing that she was the one that saved me threw some more questions into my already overworking mind. I glanced about until I saw Rena on the ground propped up on an elbow looking mystified. To me it appeared that Sandra had finally kicked her off when she saw I was about to fall. Sandra Is unnaturally strong for her size and figure. I could tell that from the start. Rena on the other hand just learned that.

 "Alright" Sandra started "games over. You put my Mark at risk; I can't have that which means I can't allow you to be near him anymore."

 "Excuse me?" Rena snapped.

 "Shut the f**k up, cow; I'm telling you to keep your fugly a*s away from Mark! I know that smell on you. That mix of steal, gunpowder, and sweat. Your reflexes and strength; the smell is so thick I could gag. I could smell it on him when he came back after meeting you that first time. I can't let such a valuable thing near such a threat without keeping and eye out. Tell me, why, in a such a city, is such a nauseating creature here? Are you after Mark? Or is it just by chance? Either way, you were spying on me. I don't like that."

 "I was only lead to do so after our constant spying!" Rena cried as she got to her feet and made a stance. "and for your information, I was born here. Why the hell is a little freak like you here!?"

 A long silence drew out for a minute before Sandra said "I'd love to know that myself so I guess we're both s**t outta luck, eh? Ya f**k-wad!" she turned her back and reached for me. But before she could touch me she was tackled to the ground by Rena.

 "He doesn't like being touched!" Rena barked in Sandra's face well holding her down- more securely; this time, I imagine.

 Just before the brawl broke out I just managed to here Sandra say "You wanna die b***h?" in a low coarse tone. 


 Let me tell you; Well I was now sat up with my butt on the ground, propped up on my hands, these two started fighting hard and I'm not talking some schoolyard scrap. Though Sandra didn't seem to have the formal training Rena had; the way she fought re-enforced the idea that she must be a demon of some kind. There was a lot of power but she didn't seem like she could quit keep up. She had to do a lot of blocks well trying to sneak in a hit.

 Rena was lightning quick and silent like the night; it was like she was a ninja. All she was missing was the headband and kunai. It was terrifying and awe striking and all I could do was sit and watch.

 Three minutes into the struggle and they where locked together. Sandra had managed to grab Rena by the hair well grabbing at her throat. Rena got hold of that hand and did her best to stop Sandra from choking her. Rena's other arm was pinned under Sandra's shin. Sandra's head started to sink down to Rena's exposed throat as she bared her teeth. 

 I began to panic again as renewed adrenalin rushed threw me. My body blindly acted on its own and lunged toward them yelling stop. I grabbed them both by the wrists and with surprising ease, I pulled them apart. It took me a moment to realizes that both hung limp in my grip. Neither struggled, rather, they looked so relaxed they could have been drugged. 

 In unison, they said "Sorry, Mark. We didn't mean to upset you~"

 I felt baffled from this but then I remember that my hand's were bare... I just did something worse then letting them kill each other? I didn't know what to do next, so I did the only logical thing a person like me would do... I freaked the hell out. I let them both go in an instant and when they both reached out for me looking hurt, I bolted to the only place I felt even remotely safe; under the bed covers in my bed at home. Yeah real safe place particularly because Sandra came and went as she pleased regardless of door locks.

 As I made it up the stairs of my appartement well being chased down by two very... Intoxicated women, I slipped on the steps and fell on my face, then rolled back down to the bottom. My nose was now bleeding and I felt a little battered. I should have easily been caught by them already so you can understand why I was even more panicked for a second when it wasn't them who grabbed me. Terran had quickly but gently got me to my feet, up the stairs and into his room. I'm confused, grateful, and nervous; I didn't feel much better about this then the first situation I was just in either, that and he's made skin contact with me now... If there was ever a time I wanted to cry, its right now. I was emotionally and mentally overloaded.

 "I know you don't trust me, you think I may as well have my face on our one dollar coin I'm such a loon. But there's a lot more to this world then you realize; I just wish I didn't make the assumption that you knew, I mean how would you? You're a reincarnation, of course you wouldn't know."

 As he spoke he kept me cornered well blocking the door and I was frozen in panic.

 "If you just give me a chance to prove I'm not as insane as you think I am, your world will make so much more sense, I might even be able to help you solve some of your problems, like the one you're in right now? About your inability to touch people?"

 Renewed shock and confusion flooded me. How much more of this can I take before I just flat out pass out is something I really want to know cause I am just getting bombarded this evening.

 "You don't need to worry about my touching you, I know you are, but you don't need to. I'm not human I'm classified as a spirit. A spirit is the congealed embodiment of the peoples hopes, beliefs, and feeling in an area. In my case, I am made up of peoples love of learning and curiosity overall. The neighbor girl on the other side of you, I don't know what she is yet but she isn't human either, at least, not your average human. You also are not an average human because you are the reincarnation of a god, one of the first gods in fact. From what I've learned, you left your immortal life and disappeared. Threw out history your past reincarnations as a mortal have made themselves know to one degree or another; sometimes intentionally sometimes not. Its likely you once were a certain person who is root of a number of religions if you get my drift. You probably don't always have abilities like you do this time though and when you did they weren't always the same. This time around, when you touch someone, particularly average people, they become attracted to you. The more contact the stronger the affection. How you act and react also has an effect on their actions. On the other hand, even if you don't touch people you have and effect on all living things around you. The mood around you no matter what is always happier, warmer, brighter. You breath life into all that you interact with, even simply being in an area. Its an insane thing I can only wonder at how you are so free and un-known when you should likely be being treated like a king above all others."

 As he went on his rant, banging started on the door, then I heard glass breaking a minute later. That snapped him back and said "Ah! Enough of that, carried away. You made them like this because you touched them and...?"

 He waited for something

 "what did you do when you touched them?!"

 "huh?! Um... I-I told them to stop.... The-they were fighting. I grabbed them both and told them to stop."

 "okay, did you make it a demand or a request? What am I saying, they're breaking in to get you, you must have made it a demand; Listen when you touched them and spoke with authority, you not only bent their wills to yours, you drove their affection for you to a crazy level, clearly. What you need to do, without touching them, is demand that they... Ah, yes! That they stop and sit still! And speak sternly or it won't work, Quick!"

 Both girls rounded the corner as he finished. In my desperate panic I did as he asked before they could get close enough to grab me. They froze; with pained looks, they complied. They sat down where they stood. 

 I looked back at Terran who had a look that kind of described how I was feeling; surprised and relieved.

 "You... You didn't know that was going to work did you!" I snapped well fighting a queasy feeling.

 "Admittedly, no. It was more of a hunch. When I look at you, or anyone for that matter but lets focus on you right now, I can see exactly what you really are. From there, I can get a vague feeling of what you can do. Basically, I can get a general understanding of someone just by looking at them.

 "Will you trust me?"

 I hesitated to answer... But my answer felt obvious. "You just got them to stop chasing me down like cat's after a mouse! I'll trust you."

 "Thanks. But you are wrong, I didn't stop them, you did. I made a guess on how to stop them and told you what to do. You stopped them and that means you should be able to set them right again."

 "H-how?"

 "With confidence, try telling them to stop acting this way."

 I nervously looked back to the girls, I looked Rena in the eyes. After a few deep breaths I forced out a confident tone and demanded they stop acting as they were. The demand seemed to work like electricity stabbing threw them. When the tension in them released they started talking in a way... That reminded me of my sister when she wanted me, but wanted me to do it to her rather then the other way around.... And it was making me feel sick, like I was going to cry. Terran looked confused; he pondered at first well watching Rena and Sandra but when he glanced at me to say something, he became concerned. Before he could ask me what was wrong, I managed to get out of his front door before my stomach gave out and tossed the cookie. I unfortunately did not miss the car just below the railing I was now leaning over. Tears dripped down after.


Terran did his best to calm me down well the girls remand where they were only now calling for me to come back. When I was settled enough, Terran said

 "Alright, that didn't work out. I'd suggest trying to be more specific like say 'go back to how you were before I touched you.' Even if that does work though, there's no guaranty that they won't still desire you like this. On the other hand, if that is the case, then it might work like a drug addiction in that they'll slowly get back to their normal feelings over time as long as you don't make contact with them again.

 "I feel like you got a 'but' coming."

 "Sort of, not really. The only thing I can think is that it simply won't work and if it doesn't then I don't know what to try next." After a pause, he continued "will you give it another shot? Can you do it?"

 "I... I don't think I can... Sandra, every day, Sandra comes into my apartment to..."

 "Er, right, you two sleep together don't you, I suppose-"

 "NO! No... She, ever since I moved here,she breaks in and drinks my blood against my will. She bites threw my tongue to do it and she's even left a mark -she said it was something like a mark of ownership or something. I can't resist her either, shes way stronger and faster then she looks.... I don't think she's actually human? She feeds off of me, my blood, I don't know if she can stop even if she does come back to her senses."

 "Is she a vampire?"

 "I don't know, I don't know anything anymore.... But I can't not come into contact with her."

 "You've come into contact with her everyday up until now? Has she ever acted like someone you've accidentality touched before?"

 "No... I don't think so."

 "Then maybe she can withstand you influence -like me- to a degree -unlike me. Most people that aren't normal humans have different tolerances; they work differently. Let's just try telling them to go back to the way they were before you touched them, and remember: with confidence!


 I let Terran talk me into giving it another go. I took deep breaths and built myself up in preparation. When I went back to the girls, I hesitated for a split second before firmly calling my command: 

 "Go back to how you were before I touched you, and then come down."

It seemed to make them vibrate, they both looked confused, and then they both passed out. Terran and I felt un-sure about the situation but when it was clear they weren't getting back up again anytime soon, Terran knelt down and checked their breathing and pulse before he carried them one by one into his living room and laid them on the furniture to rest. Then he went and made me tea. I leaned against a wall with my eyes closed and breathing heavy... What was going to happen next is all I wanted to know.

© 2015 Blayk McCartney


Author's Note

Blayk McCartney
sorry about any grammar and spelling mistakes. if there isn't anything that adds up right, let me know. I hope you've enjoyed and know that this won't be the last of these characters and their story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on February 15, 2015
Last Updated on February 15, 2015
Tags: Dark, modern, fantasy

Author

Blayk McCartney
Blayk McCartney

BC, Canada



About
I suffer from depression and anxiety, but I'm working on recovering. I'm in my early 20's and jobless I love reading, graphic novels, comics, and novels. I also love Nintendo games and Minecraft .. more..

Writing