Lonely Paradise

Lonely Paradise

A Story by Blayk McCartney
"

I wrote this some time ago to remind myself that I need to keep moving forward in life.

"
On a late summer day, I lay quietly in a hammock by a lake surrounded by tall pine trees and wide maples. I do not stir anymore then to turn the page of my book or to unconsciously run my fingers through my shaggy, red hair. Reading my precious book I laugh and smirk with pleasure thinking this is the life, never having to worry well I enjoy the peace, my books, and the fresh air. By the time I finished and closed the book the sunlight was beginning to die away to give life to a fresh night. I set the book on the ground below me then put my hands under my head and laced my fingers together as I waited for the stars and moon to dominate the skies above. As I watched the day die at the hands of the night I allow my mind wonder: first on the story I had just finished then to simple dreams and wonders, then I suddenly questioned my paradise here without realizing it right away. When I caught myself, I wondered why I would think to question it and that is when I realized I was not completely content with what I already had. I was still missing something and without it my paradise was a lie. Troubled by this I looked away from the bright, triumphant stars and began to think hard about what it was that prevented me from enjoying myself. Looking back to my previous thoughts and daydreams I finally noticed the consistency in them all; something that was always there but never here, something that made my dreams complete. The thing I lacked that nothing else could replace was companionship! I was lonely. With that realization my heart became weighted and sad, so I began to ponder what I could do about it. After some time I came to understand that I would have to leave behind my paradise to find what I want to fill the gap in my heart. Of course I also realized that even after finding myself someone I can be with I will not be able to return to my paradise... not for a very long time anyway because my paradise will likely not be theirs. Knowing this I had to choose between the two. As much as I wanted to stay here, I knew the loneliness would tarnish the bliss and all would fall apart. I decided to abandon it all and risk all the countless pains I will likely encounter just to find a friend, a lover, and maybe even a family so that I will never be lonely again. So I stood, turned my back to paradise, and walked away with my readiness to find a new happiness. I felt little regret about letting paradise go, I would be able to glimpse it every now and then though I could never stay.

© 2015 Blayk McCartney


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on July 31, 2015
Last Updated on July 31, 2015
Tags: live, encouragement, hope

Author

Blayk McCartney
Blayk McCartney

BC, Canada



About
I suffer from depression and anxiety, but I'm working on recovering. I'm in my early 20's and jobless I love reading, graphic novels, comics, and novels. I also love Nintendo games and Minecraft .. more..

Writing