Dreams Do Come True - Chapter Two

Dreams Do Come True - Chapter Two

A Chapter by TheAnniNicole
"

Chapter Two: "The New Kid" The transfer student is finally here! Violet finds herself in a fight with Amber, who brings back dark memories and regret.

"

+Violet+

I woke up looking around, making sure I was in my room this time. I groaned rubbing my head as I walked towards the restroom and did my normal morning routine. I walked down the stairs, completely dressed, and poured cereal into my bowl. I didn’t bother waking my parents to make an actual breakfast, they need to rest, they’ve worked hard enough to deserve to sleep late. I smiled as I put on my brown school shoes and walked outside, the sun blinding my vision. I ran across the street and continued the rest of the way walking, enjoying the scenery.

I walked into the school’s gates, I was on time for the first time, and ran into the school, straight to my locker.

“Hey there, why didn’t you wait for me yesterday?” Star shouted as she leaned on the locker next to mine, her mouth formed into a hurt frown. I rolled my eyes, a bit annoyed, and turned around to look at her placing my hands on her shoulders.

“Calm down, alright?” I smiled as Star exhaled, her eyes looking from the ground to me, she nods.

“Alright, so where were you?” She said a little calmer and placed her hand on the right of her waist.

“I was at the nurse’s office, a bunny was on the verge of dying and I couldn’t just leave it there to suffer slowly. So I took it to Ms. Blossom to see if she can do anything about it.” I shrugged as I removed my grip from her shoulders and walked towards the classroom, Star walking by my side.

“Really?” She asked, surprised, her ocean, blue eyes as wide as an owl’s, I nod.

“Yeah.” I smiled, my ponytail waving from side to side as I walked.

“Wow, so did it live? What happened?”

“Nothing, she said she was going to send it to the vet since she couldn’t do much for it.” I shook my head as we entered the classroom and Star laughed as she held onto my shoulder for balance.

“You’re so hopeless when it comes to animals, it’s kind of cute.” Star looked at me, a kind smile on her face and I blushed, mumbling.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” I looked away, embarrassed.

“It means you actually have a soft spot. You’re so mean to other people  it’s kind of hard to believe that you care so much for a bunny.”

“Whatever, get to class.” I lightly pushed her out the door and walked towards my desk, flushed.

Am I really that appalling?

I sighed to myself as I took out my journal of drawings, looking through them when I saw a shadow hovering above me. I looked up and saw him, Ken, one of the popular kids.

Ugh! What does he want? Is he going to talk s**t again…

I frowned at him, an angry look in my eye and waited.

“H-hey, Violet.” He shyly spoke catching me off guard, I blinked in confusion.

“H-hi…” I slightly leaned back as I watched his face get redder by the second.

What’s going on?

I asked myself as I watched Ken struggle to say something. “Yeah, I was wondering…. if, if you… would like… to… to-” I cut him off and sighed shaking my head.

“Can you hurry up?” I practically shouted as I leaned against the window, annoyed.

“A-ah, um… yeah, s-sorry.” He looked away, embarrassed. “Iwaswonderingifyouwouldliketogooutsometime?” He said too quickly and I tilted my head, confused.

“What?” I asked.

“What?” he said in response, raising his head.

“I didn’t understand what you said,” I said with a bored tone.

“O-oh, um… well I said….” He swallowed, and the vain in my head popped out, I was getting irritated.

“Ugh! Please hurry up, you’re getting on my nerves.” I shouted loud enough so only he could hear.

“W-what? I am?” He panicked.

“Just… go away.” I looked away as I laid my head down against my arms.

“Eh?” He froze and frowned in disappointment as he walked away towards his group of friends.

I wonder what he was trying to say?

I sighed, my annoyance slowly going away and then the door opened, our english teacher hurriedly walked through the door.

“Good morning class.” She smiled, preparing her stuff and began to write on the board. “Today we’re going to….” she began and I listened, my eyes glued to the board. I smiled, I loved watching her teach, it was funny. The way she would randomly start singing, dancing around like if she were a character in “The Wizard of Oz”. My eyes narrowed to her feet when suddenly someone knocked on the door, I jumped up. “Come in.” She said in a sing song voice and the door opened, the principal stuck his head into the classroom motioning for the english teacher to step out of the room.

“Oh, how exciting.” She walked into the classroom, clapping her hands in joy and faced us, her grin as big as her face. “Okay, listen up class, I have exciting news.” she giggled, “Today we have a new student, come on in now, don’t be afraid.” She motioned her hand up and down, waving the new student over. A boy walked in, his brown, wavy hair unintentionally put into place slightly jumped as he walked further into the classroom. He stopped and turned around facing the class, his green, emerald eyes examining his soon to be classmates. My eyes widen and I froze in shock, my heart began pounding hard against my chest.

“Introduce yourself, young man,” the principal insisted.

“The name is Samuel Knight, but you can call me Sam, I hope we can all get along and become good friends.” He smirked, and I stood up from my seat, wide eyed. He was the boy from my DREAMS.

“Miss Martinez, would you like to say something?” The teacher asked, yet I didn’t hear her, I couldn’t hear her. I was lost in my thoughts looking into his eyes as he looked into mine, it was as if we were having a staring contest.

That can’t be… I saw him in my dreams! What on earth is happening?!

Sweat trailed down my neck as I anxiously watched him and the fear I haven’t felt in years began to build up inside me taking over my thoughts.

“Miss Martinez! Listen to me!” Shouted the teacher as she walked over to my desk, irritated.

What am I doing? Why am I scared?

I swallowed and finally sat down taking a lung full of air, letting it out slowly.

“Miss Martinez, are you alright?” The principal asked, noticing my condition.

“S-sorry, I’m fine now,” I slightly smiled.

“A-alright then.” The principal cleared his throat and everyone in the classroom glanced at me, whispering to each other.

“Freak.” A girlish voice called out, an all too familiar one, Amber’s.

“What’d you call me?” I asked getting up from my seat.

“I called you a ‘Freak’.” She repeated as she stood up from her seat, glaring at me as if she had the upperhand. I glared back, my anger slowly building up. “What? Did I offend you or something, Freak?”

“Ladies, please, sit down.” The principal sighed as he held his forehead.

“Why don’t you do us all a favor and shut up, you piece of trash.” I sat down in my seat looking out the window, trying my hardest to control my anger.

“Oh, I don’t think Nate would like you talking like that, Sugarplum.” Amber smirked, her eyes glued to my back and I tighten my fist, ignoring her.

“That’s right, just sit there and be a good girl like you always were. I’m sure Nate would like that, knowing his Sugarplum is being a good girl, listeni
ng to those who are superior.” Amber laughed, her voice getting more annoying by the second, I turned around.

“What? Is there something you would like to say, Sugarplum? Would you like me to give Nate a message for you? I’m seeing him today, I’ll tell him that his Sugarplum is being a good girl.”

“Shut up…” I quietly said as I stood up holding my head down.

“What? I didn’t hear you, speak louder.” She challenged, “Nate wouldn’t want his Sugarplum speaking such vulgar language.”

“I said, ‘Shut up’!” I shouted as I quickly ran towards Amber and punched her in her big nose, blood leaking out of the hole of her nostrils. “Shut up, shut up, shut up! How dare you talk about him, how dare you talk about Nate in front of me!”

“Agh! S-stop!” She shouted and I continue to punch her, students and teachers grabbing my arms pulling me away.

“Stop!” People shouted as they pulled me away.

“No, she deserves this!” I shouted as I pushed forward towards Amber, I had to finish her off.

“Miss Martinez, stop!” Shouted the English teacher as she held onto my legs.

“Violet!” Shouted Star who quickly entered the classroom without permission, she reached for my fist. “Violet, calm down!”

“She was talking about Nate!” I shouted shaking my head, “I have to teach her a lesson!”

“Stop, you’re going to get in trouble!” she looked at me with sincere.

“I’m already in trouble,” I shouted back.

“Violet, snap out of it!” Star slapped me and my eyes widen, shocked. “You’re hurting me.” I looked down at my hand, squeezing her wrist, and quickly let go.

“S-sorry,” I looked down and sighed as everyone took their hands off of me.

“Miss Martinez!” shouted the principal and I looked away getting up. “Go to my office, this instant!”

“Yes sir.” I walked out the classroom passing Sam, his mouth formed into a smirk.

“Nice knowing ya’.... Girly.” he whispered to me and I quickly turned around, shocked.

“Hurry, Miss Martinez!” the principal clapped his hands and I continued towards the door, a frown planted on my face. I walked towards the office, my parents came and I got suspended for five days. I sat in the car, guilty, and sighed as I looked out the window watching as the trees went by.

“So, are you going to tell us what happened?” my Mother asked, angry, and I rolled my eyes.

“I already did. She was teasing me and I got mad so I punched her.”

“That’s a good enough reason to hit someone, good job Violet.” My Father smiled and immediately got smacked behind the head in result.

“Hey, shut up!” my Mother growled and my Father sighed, rolling his eyes, “Let me do the talking.”

"Whatever." he spoke and closed his eyes, not wanting to hear of the conversation we were about to have.

“And that gives you the right to hit her? Because she was teasing you?” she began, practically shouting, and honked at a car that was going too slow, cursing at it.

“But I told her to shut up, and she kept on going. It’s not my fault she has such a big mouth.”

“Hey! Don’t give me that tone.” My Mother sighed in disappointment, “What exactly did she say that made you go so far as to hitting her?” I hesitated for a moment, my eyes trailing down to the cushioning of the car.

“She was talking about Nate,” I said with a melancholy tone.

“Oh…” my Mother swallowed, she knew how much Nate meant to me, he was the most important thing to me.

“Alright, I’ll talk to the principal again. But that doesn’t mean you’re off the hook, you’re grounded until your suspension is over.” she calmly said and it got quiet, and it stayed quiet for the rest of the trip.

+++

My Mom parked the car and we got out walking into the house. I went straight to my room closing the door behind me and soon after my Mother came in, her hands on her hips.

“Give me your phone.” she held out her hand and I sighed handing her my green, cased phone.

“Here.” I looked away and she walked out closing the door behind her.

“Good night.” she spoke on the opposite side of the door, I slightly smiled.

“Good night.” and she left, turning off all the house lights, leaving for work. I walked out my room towards the kitchen, making myself a sandwich. My Father later left for work and so here I was, left alone in this big house. I walked back into my room and laid on my bed, bored, and eventually I fell asleep.

I woke up to my alarm clock, but it was the middle of night. I sighed as I brought my hand up, pressing the button to make it stop. I laid back down, but I was completely awake. I groaned in annoyance getting up and walked towards my bedroom door, opening it, a hallway meeting me. My eyes widen, confused, and I stuck my head out looking from right to left.

Where am I?

I questioned as I looked behind me towards my bedroom, but it was gone, nothing but a black painted wall with an unusual painting - a familiar painting. I swallowed, a bit terrified, and walked down the hallway to god who knows where. The atmosphere felt powerful, like if something was forcing you down, something that no human could withstand, something evil. A shiver went down my spine causing all the hairs on my neck to stand up with every step I took. The more I walked, the faster my heart pounded and my breaths thicken. At the sound of a cry, I stopped, my eyes widening, and my hands shaking in fear.

Something about that cry seemed familiar, like I’ve been hearing it for the last 16 years. I continue to walk down the hallway, the thought of turning around and running away stuck in my head, but I didn’t want to - more like I couldn’t. I took a deep breathe as I took one last step in front of a large, red door with different types of ancient symbols carved into it. I rose my hand and left it in the air for awhile, I watched as it trembled in terror, not wanting to obey my commands. Finally I placed my hand on the handle of the door and once again, another cry occurred, louder than the first one. Strange noises that were happening behind the door made my heart rate increase, rapidly. Sweat trailed down my neck as I tighten my grip on the handle door.

What if someone’s dying? What if they’re being tortured? I have to help them, I have to stop them!

In one swift motion, I quickly opened the door and ran inside, only to end up falling into a black hole.

I woke up to nothing.

Blackness surrounded me, it almost felt like I was going to get swallowed up by it at any moment. I looked around blinking my eyes, trying to adjust to the darkness knowing that it was impossible. Suddenly, a ball of light flew towards me, like a bit of cotton floating in the wind. I held my hands out and I smiled, a small smile, and looked deep into the bright light it was producing, yet it wasn’t blinding, it wasn’t hurting my eyes. Slowly, it landed in the palms of my hands and just when the ball of light made contact with my skin, it grew brighter, swallowing everything with its beautiful light. I looked around, I was tied up on a table, a black, crystal-like table, and white strands of rope was tied around my ankles and wrists. My once calm heart began pounding hard against my chest, almost as if it were going to pop out.

“Violet,” someone called my name and I quickly turned my head, shocked, my eyes widening.

What?

I gasp, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, it wasn’t even possible.

“N-N-Nate…” a tear slid down my cheek and onto the table. He stood there with a smile on his face, his hazel eyes looking over me as if it were the first time he’s seen me - blank. “Nate!” I called out in happiness and by instinct I quickly stood up wishing to hug him, but was forced down by a sudden terrible force. “Ouch!” I cried, the ropes that were tied around my wrist and ankles tighten causing the circulation in my arms and legs to break.

“Nate, help me, these ropes are hurting me!” I looked at him and the ropes grew tighter, it felt as if it were going to tear off my hands and feet.

“Why?” He questioned, his smile still painted on his face, and my eyes widen in shock.

“What?” I questioned in confusion, and the more I looked at his smile, the more I began to realize he wasn’t smiling because he was happy to see me. He was smiling because he was enjoying watching me suffer. “Nate… a-are you the one that’s doing this?” I asked, yet I already knew the answer, I just wanted to hear him say it. He smiled and walked towards me, his hand slowly making its way towards my moist cheek.

“Now why would I do that… to the person I love?” he smirked as he caressed my cheek and suddenly he squeezed it, his nails digging deep into my skin, hard enough until blood slid down my cheek.

“Agh!” I cried, “Stop, you’re hurting me!”

“Oh, I’m terribly sorry, my love.” He smirked as he walked towards a small table, a book was placed on top of it. “Now, shall we begin the ceremony?” he grabbed the book, opening it to a specific page and looked at me, his eyes filled with happiness and relief, a kind of happiness that wasn’t meant for warmth or sweetness, but for evil.

What’s happening? Why am I dreaming this? Whyyyy?!

I closed my eyes, tears still going down my face as if I were a broken machine, and the pounding in my head worsen. I wanted to wake up, but I felt like if I did, this nightmare would still continue, haunting my thoughts.

Please, please… wake up! Wake up!

I shouted in my head, and continue to pull my arms up trying to free myself.

Come on!

I shouted once more and suddenly they ripped off with such an incredible and mysterious force - my force. My eyes widen as I sat there, shocked. Suddenly I grabbed Nate’s wrist, looking up at him. In his right hand he held a knife, ready to stab me.

“You’re not Nate.” I shook my head and pushed him away causing his body to fly towards the wall. “Nate will never do this to me, he will never hurt me!” I shouted as I held his knife in my hand. “Never!” Nate smirked as he held his head down, his dirty blonde, wavy hair hid his sparkling, hazel eyes.

“Nate isn’t here no more…” he slowly rose his head, his eyes looking at me with such a wicked expression. “He was never here to begin with.” My eyes widen, “It was I who went on all those dates with you; who kissed you; who even slept with you. I - I - I - I… It was I who did all those things with you!”

“What?” I took a step back shaking my head, my heart froze and my stomach dropped, it couldn’t be true. Suddenly, at the speed of light, he appeared behind me, a trail of black fog behind him. He spoke in my ear, softly, and held his cold hands onto my bare shoulders.

It was I who you promise to never forget you and to always stay by your side.”

“Nate.” I spoke as a tear slid down my neck and onto the floor. Slowly I turned my head and leaned my cheek onto his hand. “Nate.”

“Violet...” he spoke with his usual tender voice and smiled, his sweet smile that he always gave me when he spoke my name. “I love you, my Sugarplum,” the pain in my stomach thicken and drops of blood trailed down my leg and onto the floor. I looked down, my eyes widening, and the sight of a blade pierced against the skin of my stomach was right before my eyes.

Nate…

A droplet of a tear flew off my face as my body collapsed on that very spot, my face landing in the pool of blood.

Is this really happening?

Nate bend down beside me as he pet the back of my head, his tender smile staring at me as he slowly watched me die.

Is this really the end?

“Now, go to sleep. You’ll need it to rule the world…” Nate smirked, his once again evil look taking over his tender one, and continue to pet my head. “I’ll see you soon, Sugarplum.”

“Nate!” I woke up shouting his name, an image of him caressing my cheek flashed right before my eyes. My heart was pounding hard against my chest along with my head, it was as if the two who making music inside my body. I quickly ran towards my bedroom restroom and turned on the lights looking at my reflection. Nothing. There was no sign of any marks on my skin from his wretched touch. I sighed as I slowly walked back to my bed, cocooning myself with my soft blankets to keep me warm. I held my knees as I laid the small of my back against the wall, shaking.

“It was just… a dream.” I told myself in the darkness of my room. The moon shined through my curtains, its trail of light stopped in the middle of my floor. I looked up and the window was open, the curtains flew up moving like the waves in the ocean. I sighed getting up and closed them, but before I did, I looked out the window. It was dark, the only light source was the city’s lights that shined all night long. I sighed closing the window and walked back to my bed, falling asleep.

It was all just a dream…



© 2017 TheAnniNicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on March 27, 2017
Last Updated on March 27, 2017
Tags: vampire, fantasy, fiction, romance, love, dreams, werewolves, friends, family, blood, ceremony, fear, scary


Author

TheAnniNicole
TheAnniNicole

TX



About
My name is AnniNicole. I love to draw and write about things that I would dream of. I plan on becoming a mangaka and a novelist. more..

Writing