Little Goldy

Little Goldy

A Story by TheBubbleManiac
"

Just a little bit of light, can create a spark in the dark...

"
In a clearing, deep within a thick forest, lived a scaly black creature. The creature had sharp, white teeth that could penetrate anything. It was the darkness of the forest. It was its ruler. The other creatures of the forest did not take kindly of this, but they did no object. If they did, then the creature would dispose of them at once.
The creature would patrol its palace of nebulous. Its long snout could detect any wrongness that the creatures of the forest committed. Its long scaly tail was able to knock down a tree in a single swipe. This creature was capable of ruling the world if it wished to, but it felt more comfortable in the forest.
As the creature ruled his forest, the other creatures began to weaken. Their river of light being drained, because of their ruler's dark heart. As this began to happen, a bright blue and white, chipmunk-like creature decided to take action. This small critter fluttered through the forest, its fairy wings rapidly going up and down like a hummingbird. It arrived in the hollow of an ancient tree, with shimmering leaves that twinkled like stars. It took a silver bell that hung from a delicate branch, and flew back to where the creature patrolled.
The chipmunk fairy raised up the bell, to where the moon's rays hit it. The bell began to jingle, its echoes ringing through the whole forest. The other creatures poked their heads out of their hiding places, curious to where this strange jingle was coming from. A beautiful melody slowly drifted in the jingles place, and it became a song. 
This soothed all of the forest creatures worries, allowing their minds to fly away.
The dark creature became furious, and roared a mighty roar. The creatures were shaken by this, but the bell's melody grew louder with each roar the black creature made.
Soon the creature knew that this was no use. So it began to run towards the chipmunk fairy. It curled the tip of its tail and swung it at the chipmunk. Its tail slammed into the poor, innocent chipmunk.
The chipmunk squealed in agony, and fell to the ground. Though the bell did not go with the poor chipmunk, it stayed there in the moon's rays, still playing its melody. Then the rays slowly formed around the bell, and expanded.
The creature averted its eyes. Then it looked when the light vanished, and it was quite astonished at what it saw.
In the air, floated a small and fragile golden puppy. Wings were carefully folded on its back. It had the brightest emerald eyes, and it seemed like it was a small dandelion. 
The creature could not believe what had become of the bell, but he did not care. He could see that this creature was weak, and so he left it there.
The small golden creature did not know what to do. It looked down at the dying chipmunk, and fluttered down to its side.
"Go little one. See that Dunstan does not ruin our once peaceful forest." It's voice was hoarse.
The small golden pup nudged the chipmunk with a faint whimper.
"Do not worry. Go forth and accomplish this task, Aegle." The chipmunk slowly closed its eyes. 
Aegle knew that she could not stay there and waste more time. She slowly stretched out her gold, feathery wings and began to flap them. She carefully lifted up off the ground, and flew off in the direction Dunstan went off. She was very careful in flying, but it was quite windy, making it difficult for her to keep balance. She let out a cry of distress when the wind knocked her out of balance. She then began to spiral towards the ground, crying out for help. Suddenly she landed on something. She looked, shaking her head, and saw it was Dunstan. She was overjoyed, and she began to lick his face.
Dunstan growled, and pushed her off of him. "What a pitiful creature!" He spat.
Aegle flinched at his words, but whimpered, trying to show that she wasn't.
"You are like a Newborn." He looked away, and stared at the sky. "How can you stand to be so weak? You'll never get far in this world."
Aegle whimpered, nudging Dunstan gently.
"I will not protect you!" He looked her in the eyes and growled. "I will not protect something like you!"
Aegle got down low, and laid her head on the ground. She looked up at him with big eyes and whimpered.
"You say this will help bring life back to this forest. But in the end it shall digress, like it always has." Dunstan gave out a sigh.
Aegle got up and shook her head. She barked and pointed her nose to the moon.
"Ah, the moon says you can help me change that?" Dunstan glanced at the moon. Then he looked down at his delicate friend and his eyes softened. "Maybe we can give it a try." He stared at Aegle with kind eyes.
Aegle curled up a bit and licked Dunstan's snout.
"You're welcome." He touched his snout to her nose.

© 2015 TheBubbleManiac


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on November 11, 2015
Last Updated on November 12, 2015

Author

TheBubbleManiac
TheBubbleManiac

Polkville, NC



About
At first, writing really wasn't my thing. But a special friend of mine got me into some really interesting books, which showed me the way into the writing world. From then on writing has always been m.. more..

Writing