Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by TheDarkKnight

"Hurry, Hezekiah, they're coming!" My mother was in deep panic. We needed to escape and fast. I silently shed a few tears as I gathered up the few things I could carry that didn't slow me down, and that wasn't much, just a picture of our family from a more peaceful, placid summer three years ago, my pen and journal, and my gold necklace.
I ran into the living room. Our family held hands together for a quick prayer, said by our father. "Oh YHWH, God of our Father Abraham, bless us on the upcoming journey. Let us pass through all the barriers that are thrown at us. Amen."
We then ran out of the house, full speed. The military trucks were just mere yards away. We dove into the bushes opposite of our house to rest for a few seconds. We then watched as the doors to the trucks opened.
And then we saw them. Those tall, dark, menacing figures, with no heart. They just radiated pure hatred. We watched, in frozen terror, as they broke into our home, a beautiful two story house, with a sea-blue paint job.
"Burn everything! Everything! These Jewish scumbags need to learn who is really on top!" The commanding officer was standing next to a couple of men outside the entrance to our home. His voice was so frightening, that the moment I heard it, I jumped.
"Yes sir," replied one of the officers. He then turned to his fellow soldiers and said, "You heard the man, burn it all! All of it! Do it for her! Do it for Mother Germany! Do it for the Third Reich!"
And the officers complied. Within mere seconds, the front part of my beloved childhood home was doused with gas. Whatever soldiers had gone inside to trash the place, soon came out, happy with the goodies they had found. 
As soon as the last officer stepped out, my home was set ablaze. My family and I couldn't believe our eyes. We still stood there in frozen terror, hoping, wishing this was all a bad dream. Unfortunately, it was not. I watched in horror as the home I was born in, the home that I grew up in, the home I so dearly loved, burned to ashes. The cruel fire pierced the night sky, it's blaze emanating a heat that slapped us all in the face, merely mocking us with the fact that we had just lost... everything.
We watched as our home fell apart. Five minutes after the house caught fire, the officers left, laughing wildly like drunks, as they took off in their vehicles. Ten more minutes passed after that, those minutes filled with shock, fury, and finally sadness. We knew there was no going back. We could only go one way now. Forward.
And we ran for our lives.


© 2013 TheDarkKnight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful as always, keep up the good work. (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


TheDarkKnight

11 Years Ago

Thank you dear! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on April 28, 2013
Last Updated on April 28, 2013


Author

TheDarkKnight
TheDarkKnight

Dayton, TX



About
Through my writing, I hope to make people feel emotion. more..

Writing
The Girl The Girl

A Story by TheDarkKnight


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TheDarkKnight