Chapter One.

Chapter One.

A Chapter by Taylor Starr

 “Dreams do come true, only if we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you sacrifice everything else for it.”- Peter Pan

-Emma-Jane

I had dreamed, for so long, hoping that one day I would wake up and be a kid again. It was all going by so fast. I hoped that I would just stop in time, have it freeze, for I wouldn’t have to wake up being older each morning. But somehow, I knew that it wasn’t possible. That I would eventually grow old.

 I wasn’t young and wild. I was anything but that. I was careful, and growing older every minute. I never lived in the moment either. No, I took it all in, and slowly made a decision. I wasn’t forced into anything. But I did have rules. Ones that surrounded my life no matter what I did. I wanted an escape route, but that wasn’t happening anytime soon.

I was protected, and caged in. With an over-protective father, and a mother who was always away. But he protected me with everything he had. He wanted to make sure that I grew up well. And that I was a great role model to everyone else. It was hard, you know, not being able to fully get that high school experience, while the other kids were running and partying daily.

 I never wanted that, no I just wanted to have what other kids my age had, friends, one’s that were different, instead of the normal perfect students I had to befriend. It was them, or nothing. I of course chose them, that was until even my father started to dislike them, when one of my so called friends, Peter, decided that the perfect life wasn’t for him.

 He was my best friend, needless to say.  He was always there for me, and never once doubted my sadness. He also knew what I was going through, with the perfect life. But he left me; he left me for the others. He couldn’t stand being so preppy and abnormally normal. He wanted a change. And change he did. He started to get tattoos and listened to different music, the kind of music that would be a sin, if I ever was to listen to it.

But it was my turn. I wanted out. And I only had a few months to do so, before my eighteenth birthday would strike.  I had to run away. I had to run away to the place me and Peter dreamed about daily. I had to run away and meet him in the place he decided to go. I had to meet him there before it would be too late. Before I would be forced into a marriage with a rich snobby boy one whose family I disliked very much. I had to run away to Neverland, and to Neverland I would run.



© 2013 Taylor Starr


Author's Note

Taylor Starr
Picture is Emma Jane.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on November 6, 2013
Last Updated on November 6, 2013


Author

Taylor Starr
Taylor Starr

Unknown. , British Columbia, Canada



About
My name is Taylor, as you can tell. I'm fifteen years of age, and live in British Columbia, Canada. My exact whereabouts are unknown to you all. I love writing, and music with a passion, but since I c.. more..

Writing