The inbetween

The inbetween

A Story by TheEricVolpe
"

Actually a story I wrote about an event that could of happened in my own life. However, due to me not being an idiot never did come to reality.

"

“Where were you?” She said tired but, with enough worry and anger to keep her up through out the night.
            “Out, you know, with the boys.”  The words were soft and a sense of hesitation too comes along with them. 
            “Boys? Boys?” each time getting louder as she repeated the phrase “Your boys have some nice breast don’t they.” 
            “Da hell are you talking about.”  He said stuttering but, with a sense of confidence “Babe you should go to sleep you look tired.” 
            “I found this.”  A phone is thrown across the room “You take me for an idiot?”
At this point the sense of confidence escapes his face and a new sense of fear has entered it

“Babe, why were you going through my phone I would never expect you to do that.”  It was at this point that the topic was trying to be shifted.

    “Don’t give me that bullshit, you’re the same guy who when we met would say you had nothing to hide.  It all changed once you finally had something to hide.”  

            “What do you even think you found on my phone babe.”  He said with another attempt at the false confidence. 
            “What did I find?  Only pictures of some b***h spread out for you.  Only proof that you’ve gotten to a point where I wasn’t enough that you need some s**t to take care of you needs.” 
            “Babe those aren’t for me, its late go to sleep you have school in the morning.”
            She did have school in the morning that was the price of being a part time student, part time worker, and a full time wife.  She never saw him and he never saw her.  A childhood promise of sacrifice for each other was finally getting to a point of breaking.
            “That has nothing to do with this. If I get enough sleep is my concern and mine only.”  The look in her eye made it obvious, this conversation wasn’t ending until answers were given
            “What do you want me to say? A friend was joking around and gave some b***h my number.”
            “Which friend would do that? Don’t take me for an idiot, I can see through your fake a*s lies.”
            He was losing the will to argue but he had no sense of how to respond.  What did he want to say?  He had an amazing night with another woman because his wife was too busy and worn out.  They both work, they are both students, and they both need to help support the rent. 
            “I don’t know what to say, that’s the only reason I got.”  He looked away to the point where he knew tonight he was going to sleep alone…. if he gets to sleep at all.  He didn’t regret anything.  He loves his wife to death and would die for her but weeks of being alone drove him to a point.  A point where someone else had to give him the security his wife could not, give him the comfort she could not.  What he really was wondering and worried about was could he get the same love.  A wife he’s known since he was 17 and stayed with for 7 years already.  So close to life getting easier but he couldn’t handle it.  Part of him just wanted to tell her, part of him wants to break the relationship off with the mistress and the smallest part just wishes both could live together.  He knew that was just a dream though. 
            “The friend who wanted me to be happy!” He shouted without thinking.
            “Happy...you’re not happy?”  She looked down at the ground with all the anger gone and only a sense of failure over whelmed her.  “I…I thought you loved me.”
            “I do!” he quickly responded grabbing her hand “I just…I just can’t take being alone.  Even with you by my side I feel alone.  It just feels like you put up such a thick wall I can’t break through even with the strongest of hits.”  He tried to look into her eyes but she kept looking down.
            “Why, why wouldn’t you tell me.”?  She stumbled at each word just trying to get her composer together “I would of listened.” 
            “When would I have time to tell you? I work 30 hours, go to school, and you do the same.  By the time we get home you’re dead asleep and I’m not far behind.”  He held her hand softly feeling the warmth, a warmth he fondly missed.” 
            “So, what” she looked up with tearing eyes “you want to break up.”
            It took him a second to even believe she’d ask him that.  “I…I honestly don’t know babe, I love you but, the I can’t deal with being alone when I’m not suppose to be.  I can’t bare being married and yet never getting to kiss my wife good morning.  It kills me to go without seeing that one person in my life even if it’s for a day.”  
            She put her finger on his mouth not letting him finish his thoughts.
             “When you decide come find me.  Until then consider us through.”  She grabbed the car keys and walked out.  Standing in complete shock he couldn’t move, couldn’t think and every breath of air felt heavier and heavier.  Even though ever muscle of his brain was telling to him move his heart couldn’t give an answer.

© 2012 TheEricVolpe


Author's Note

TheEricVolpe
I was told to write an argument for a writing work shop and that's what I came up with.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on August 22, 2012
Last Updated on August 22, 2012
Tags: Couples cheating love hate mistr

Author

TheEricVolpe
TheEricVolpe

Lawrence, MA



About
Hopeful college major in the field of English. Going into senior year looking to improve my writing in terms of entertainment. more..

Writing
Masks Masks

A Story by TheEricVolpe