Religious Views Without Blinkers

Religious Views Without Blinkers

A Story by Sibling
"

This is NOT a story - its a blog.

"
What's On My Mind? Seems to be Facebook's main interest in me and although I'm currently NOT on Facebook,if this is ever read on that medium,I'm pretty sure that I'd be crucified on the spot by most of my alleged friends. You're probably wondering WHY,but relax,its not because I suddenly feel anointed as a religious leader,au contraire - I'm just a normal person,with seemingly no supernatural abilities (or at least that's what I want ye all to think) who happens to have something on his mind : religion.

This religion debate has been going on for like five-thousand years and STILL no one knows who is indefinitely correct and who isn't. Now you're probably wondering which side I fall under and chances are by my sacreligious language so far,you already choose to assume that I'm on the side denying the existence of a deity or deities. Unfortunately for you,you are WRONG. I'm not an atheist. And no,there is nothing wrong with atheism,don't get me wrong,but I (personally) am NOT an adherent of that belief system. Now you must be wondering where exactly I stand in this heated battlefield - but truth be told,you shouldn't assume that I'm standing for anything,let alone even on the same place as this war. That's why I'm actually writing this,by the end -however close/far that may be - I'll probably still be as blank as ever as to what I believe.

Now that we got that out of the way,I'd firstly like to state that I've read lots of other opinions - intelligent opinions,blind opinions,all kinds of opinions - but this is my unopinionated opinion : I think we're all lying to ourselves in some way or the other. Even the very cause of this debate is shrouded in what seems a logical fallacy. I noticed that whenever people argue to/for religion,they almost indefinitely always have a specific religion in mind,i.e Christianity...so then,for an atheist to base their disbelief in God on just ONE doctrine does seem rather lazy. What about Jah? What of Krishna or even Zeus? Do they not count as gods or does the atheist mind believe in the Father,Son and Holy Spirit a tad more BUT subconsciously denies its own belief?

George Orwell didn't dabble in the religious arts too much,but I reckon that such streams of thought reek of doublethink. It seems as though they accept a concept over another only to refute it again when fitting. Persay someone suddenly yielded the adequate divine intervention to disprove the Christian God (which I really don't see happening in the near future) that only proves that Christianity on its own is a myth,NOT everything else. I've seen vociferous writings as arrogant enough to try disproving God using the Bible,which didn't really impress me all that much...I want to see someone read and use - the Quran,all the Vedic texts and further documents of Dharmic Religions,the Torah,and also take into account the tales of Paganistic traditions all around the world from the unwritten doctrines of the surviving Aztecs to that of the Aborigines,the Ibo tribes and even closer to home,the ancestor worship of Nguni (and other) tribes - to disprove deities in general;THEN,I'll be impressed and I will be closer to accepting that there really is NO God(s)

Let me make another claim for theists and say : you can't possibly disbelieve in something that doesn't really exist,simply because it doesn't exist. Forgive my flaw in thought,but an atheist entangled in the argument against God's existence,subtly implies that there IS something to actually argue about. I never really see that much arguing on the existence of orange unicorns playing poker on a 17th planet of the solar system that hasn't been discovered YET...why,you may ask? Well SIMPLE,because its a concept that seems non-existent and/or nonsensical to us. In other words,every single atheist sentiment ever aired publicly has been a truism for every atheist,which begs the question,why discuss something that is so obviously true (to you)?
Its seems somewhat an anomaly for intellectual masterminds with the mental capacity to actually kill God,to not discuss my orange unicorns that don't exist,but they willingly discuss a God that doesn't exist to them.

I see the theists in the background,smiling and high-fiving,but then again,let's face it - there are some great arguments against your beliefs(especially the believers in the monotheistic religions - everyone else is not even considered important enough to garner a mention.) The sheer number of logical arguments against theism is enough to make the Pope wanna take his rosary off. The main problem or cause of the problem is the conception of God which gets most believers into trouble. An omnipotent,omniscient,omnibenevolent and ultimately just Lord faces a major problem for its ascribers,namely being The Problem Of Evil. Epicurus puts it something like this : "Is God willing to prevent evil but not able? Then He is not omnipotent. Is He able but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both willing and able? Then whence cometh evil? Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?" There's clearly something that does not add up but do we live in a world that has molded our minds into overlooking quite obvious fallacies,just to keep us as followers? Chances are,the answer to that is YES - if you're an orthodox Christian reading this,you're probably infuriated already,but I don't care and a part of you knows its true. Do you really not see how The Church immobilizes you to be prepared to do its bidding? Are you not distracted from making your life more worth living and the world a better place because you believe anything that your religious leader might tell you? I'm sure you don't know what I mean,but really think about it - how many friends (who could've added value to your life) have you missed out on just because they do not necessarily agree with you? How much money has the papacy spent on the pope and his clergymen to have solid silver spoons and super-pimped out rides,while YOU are hungry and suffer financially to bankroll these escapades with your tithes? I don't presume Jesus Christ was a businessman but giving that his thoughts have been turned into oligarchial gold,that further disempower the poor with false hope and empower the rich,he has become a business. This all resembles the Mafia at times...Sure-Sure,I know that we need God for emotional comfort and whatnot but when the concept starts to cause many of the deficits that would require that emotional comfort,what should we make of it then? I perceive that maybe we should just forget it all and start over as emotionally/intellectually independent human beings.

But alas,what if we're just the ones with flawed perceptions of God(s),maybe they're not as omni-everything as we thought,I mean the very concept of perfection (which we inscribe to deities) is NOT perfect. Perfection is that which is devoid of imperfection,and we all know that something can't really be perfect with something missing. Aside from that,it seems this God many people identify with isn't a particularly nice guy (if "he" even is a Man) books dedicated in his own honor reveal him to be quite the intolerant tyrant...really now,so just because people don't believe in Him,that didn't really give him a right to side with a certain group and allow it to conquer another. That doesn't seem very fair,I mean,my ancestors didn't know of Him,so He went and helped the whites conquer them? And you think He's fair? Well perhaps s/He really is,we just have a demented perspective.

This brings me to my own beliefs - I DO believe in God,but one that doesn't intervene in the natural world as the world IT created,was thought of with laws that will let it run unto itself. I however,do NOT follow ANY religious dogma. I do not identify with an array of religions as Religion.Inc is nothing more than a corporation to me,blinding and further ill-guiding the masses from the truth for a buck. Religion is also the main quotient of humanity - and has been involved in many of the wars that have ever been fought. Jews don't like Muslims (understatement of the past two-thousand years) and they don't like Christians,even though Yahweh,Allah and Jehovah seem very similar to each other. Lemme make a point for the atheists : IF there was an absolute deity,why would it allow all the other abstractions to distract it's people? Which deity would that be? Why would it choose a specific people and leave out everyone else to reveal itself? Would it even be of any relevance to us that are not the 'chosen few' to follow this God,who quite evidently doesn't care about those whom he excluded? Did (white) man not create God in his own image? It would seem that we did,when you look at God as some old white man in the sky.

I don't refuse to believe in that conception of The Source of our universe. IT surely wouldn't be happy being limited to just one of its creations,as IT is EVERYTHING. Within everything but independent of everything. Perhaps IT is the power of mind. Have you ever noticed how our thoughts based on perceptions can be powerful enough to sometimes give you a physical reaction? Is that not the GOD within us,creating through IT's creation? By the way,I keep saying IT not just because I don't know whether its a male or female BUT mostly because IT is probably unlike its creation except we have been blessed with a similar spirit that is capable of reaching IT through pure spirituality. Prayer,meditation,whatever floats your boat,can get you more in touch with the Source. This way,I look at the Source of the Universe as an Unmoved Mover like Aristotle. IT figuratively laid all the dominos and then knocked one over,and now watches without desire to change anything about the fall's path. In that way,all anomalies and contradictions in the natural world are eliminated,if not,they're embraced. The paradox of reality is that it is unreal and that it is all on one's objective perception,which is subject to that very reality. Because of all this,I personally no longer see the need to pray,given that all that is supposed to happen will probably happen in eventuality. Miracles do occur; but only when we're truly at Oneness with the Source and utilize some of the power to manipulate this universe that lies within us all.

Its all in the mind,according to me,and the greatest thing is that you can not dispute me even though I do enough of that on myself. The key is not to refute or praise,but to NOT judge. I don't even know for a fact if anyone out of my Mind will actually ever read this,and one that does with surely be a GOD of sorts. With the subtle solipsism within this conception,I am literally my own God as it all lies in my mind. In my Ideal World,the idea of God doesn't restrict me,it enhances me...but that's not the point,I mean I don't even know why people worry themselves with everything they claim to not believe (be it for or against a deity) If even God doesn't (apparently) care,then why should I?

Either way,whether anyone still cares or not - the war will continue until Judgment Day or perhaps the blank,dark slumber which has nothingness. The important part is being able to live with your desired end after you've died...and I'll probably be able to live with mine.

© 2014 Sibling


Author's Note

Sibling
This is my own views,and you are welcome to share your own.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
Added on January 18, 2014
Last Updated on January 18, 2014
Tags: religion, irreligion, philosophy, theism, atheism, deism, freethink

Author

Sibling
Sibling

Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa



About
My name is Sibongokuhle Ngcobo. I am an aspiring human being who is vaguely tall, exceedingly dark and occasionally handsome. I believe in good vibrations. Vibe Wimme. more..

Writing
AMADLOZI AMADLOZI

A Story by Sibling


The Storm The Storm

A Poem by Sibling