The Dream Seekers: Prologue

The Dream Seekers: Prologue

A Chapter by Krissy
"

When Ty presents Sasia with a journal, to wirte down all of her thoughts, she is skepticaL. However, the pair soon learns that this is no ordinary diary of which Sasia has recieved.

"

The Dream Seekers: Prologue

 

As Ty presents me with an old-fashioned, leatherbound journal, I throw him a critical look. "For me?" I ask skeptically, my eyebrows raised. Ty grins at me, his lower lip just itching to form itself into a self-satisfied smirk. "Yes," he answers slyly, waiting to see my reaction to this unexpected gift.

 

I lift the journal from Ty's kitchen table, noticing how the rich, however worn, leather exterior matches the color of the restored mahogany table. As I flip through the pages, there is a certain... peculiar detail that cathces my eye.

 

My fingers cease to leaf through the thick volume when they reach the next-to-last page of said item. Written in black ink, I slowly turn to Ty and read the words aloud.

 

"The power you know not lies within these pages

Unseen fates may heighten your desires

This journal can transport you through the ages

To bring together the unlit fires

That run though your veins

That flow through your minds

Though you lack clues, there are always signs

Showing you the way to go"

 

As my eyes drift upwards once more, Ty's curious gaze meets my own, and he shruggs.

I nod, trying to reassess the entire situation.

 

"You wrote this," I inquire; it comes out more of a statement than a question, for who could have written in the journal besides Ty?

 

Ty looks at me blankly. Then he shakes his head. "No; when I purchased the book, I made sure to flip through it, to make sure that no ink had marred the pages."

 

I gently place the journal on the kitchen table, and grab his hand, steerring him out of the kitchen. "Come with me," I whisper, "We will make sense of this elsewhere."

 



© 2010 Krissy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

waiting for the book to begin
if this is anything to go by, i think i'll love it

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like it, and i like the potential. let me know when you put up the first chapter!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 7, 2010
Last Updated on March 7, 2010


Author

Krissy
Krissy

New York City, NY



About
17 years young. High school junior. Aspiring writer and designer. Enjoys: Video Games Wriring Designing Traveling Music Meeting New People Airports Making videos Viewing videos Vanilla .. more..

Writing