The Tree Of Life

The Tree Of Life

A Poem by The leaking boat
"

Once you are born you are dying slowly, We are all born to die.

"
The tree of life stands in the middle of the earth, It's in a deep cave below the hard rock and dirt, The water surrounds the tree as the glowing lights fly around it, They will talk to you if you get too close. Some sing beautiful music beyond our human capacity, Others will try to enchant your mind and kill you softy, Some tell you of the past and the broken dreams that fall from the tree. The broken dreams are the leaves that are full of memories, They fall with each second that passes. The leaves burn up and turn to ash as they hit the ground, The water moves and rises with each leaf that falls, The water then rests for the next leaf to fall. The tree's leaves are like silk, They glow and warm your hand as you touch them. The cave is dark but the tree glows, The glowing lights play enchanting music that echoes through the cave. The cave is frozen in time, But the tree still dies slowly, More leaves grow and replace the old, But the leaves are falling faster than can replaced, The tree will die and wilt someday, But this has already happened before. In the middle of the tree is a seed,Waiting to spread new life, As the tree dies, A new seed shall be planted and life will start anew.

© 2015 The leaking boat


Author's Note

The leaking boat
Free verse poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The tree of life portraying life itself... Like it! A new cycle starts reflecting just how death is just as miraculous as life.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on September 4, 2015
Last Updated on September 8, 2015

Author

The leaking boat
The leaking boat

Decater, AL



About
Here to write poems. more..

Writing