Chapter III

Chapter III

A Chapter by ManiacalLust
"

The third installment, sorry for the long pause guys.

"
The more you practice, the luckier you are.

-Unknown




Bobby groaned softly when consciousness began to slowly slip back into his head, the first thing he felt was the throbbing aches around his body. The next was the weight he felt all over him, on him. Blinking slowly to clear his vision he began to focus on what he was looking at and then where he probably was. He knew he was laying flat bellied on the ground, his prized compound bow beneath him and in one piece.

"Ow, what the f**k happened?" Bobby groaned between gritted teeth began to push himself up slowly and carefully. Shaking off the debris on his body, splinters of wood of the roof and god knows what else that monster had broken the shack he was in.

The monster. An armored giant. Disgusting Skull and Red Eyes.

It should be a dream, but it was too real. The debris and destruction around is a testament to that. Sitting up, he breathed in deeply. Inhaling the fresh city outskirt air- And the waft of putrid burning flesh. Bobby looked around to get his bearings. Gun shots going off in the distance and when he looked upwards, he could see the sky in a light blue tint. Hinting that it was almost dusk. He had probably a few hours left before night settled, 3 at most, he calculated.

As his vision came back to its original sharp focus, he saw there were things shambling around. Humans, they are probably injured he thought.

First things first, safety. He began to dig up his bow beneath him, with quick integrity checks he found that there was nothing out of place or damaged. Just a tiny bit scratched with the pain job is all. Then he went to grab his small duffel bag and slung it around his back, fastening it securely. He checked his quiver by his right hip. All his arrows are still in it 5 Mechanicals, 20 Broadheads and the rest deadly hunting field tips. The quiver was rather large and it was molded around his thighs but it is very light. And noiseless as the shafts are kept still by a styrofoam and kevlar mesh.

He spotted a darkened sports armor by he rubble as well, light padding on the shoulder, chest and abdominal area. Often used in lacrosse, a somewhat violent contact sport. Setting aside the duffel bag for a bit, he donned on the armor. Strapping in tightly in hopes of survival if he do see that monstrosity again. With that done, he secured his bag around him once more and stood up.

"Hey! Are you okay?" Bobby called out to the shambling person coming towards him. It was a man and he must have worked in the bakery close by from the signature apron and logo he was wearing. And he was covered in blood. His left calf was bloodied and had a chunk missing from it, his face was also pale with his arms outstretched towards Bobby as if asking for help. Or so that's what Bobby thought of it.

"Sir, sir. Are you alright?" Bobby reached to grab for the man. But the man sprung forward instead in hungry vigor, growling and moaning in hunger while Bobby shouted in surprise. His arms raised to protect himself from his attacker. He saw that the man's eyes was the same as the monster's, reddened. Flesh cold and dead. Bobby kept his left arm up against the man's trachea as the man tried to bite him, forcing himself onto Bobby.

With great effort, he managed to reach for an arrow in his quiver and proceeded to drive it into the man's skull with force. The broadhead carved through the skull easily like snapping a twig in half. Grey matter splattered out from the entry wound. With the arrow driven in, the man twitched one, twice then no more. Bobby pushed aside the lifeless body away from him and crawled away from it. Standing up again, nauseated. He promptly doubled over and vomited profusely. There goes my lunch and breakfast he thought.


© 2013 ManiacalLust


Author's Note

ManiacalLust
I need an editor, if possible? Anyone is welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on December 10, 2013
Tags: Survival, Horror, Zombie, Forseen, Game, Trajectory


Author

ManiacalLust
ManiacalLust

Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia



About
I am just a laid back fiction writer. Do give my stories a read~ more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ManiacalLust


Chapter II Chapter II

A Chapter by ManiacalLust