dinner prayer

dinner prayer

A Poem by m.s.early

Sensing approaching discontentment
I am on the cusp of clutching gospel faith
I add my guts to the prayers
In front of the entire family 
At the dinner table
My desperation 
manifests 
in 
each 
utterance

© 2015 m.s.early


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Blessing from the dinner table are as important as those from the bedside. we are so so human in both!

Posted 9 Years Ago


sometimes it takes extreme discontentment to latch onto religion...
and sometimes we blame him for our tribulations..
some middle grown would be good...maybe those lunch prayers...

really like this piece...always like your minimalist style..
the openness in the lines.

really like "i add my guts to the prayers"--

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is a perfect write in so many ways. 1- the feeling of desperation is never more tangible that when at that encroaching doom we grasp at faith. 2- the dinner table signifies daily bread better than any other word imho, for family and or family concern. 3.) prayer =desperation =call on a friend you know or need, and that is usually the only time it is call on. 4- you can not petition the lord, lol. though when you are ready to believe in something... I think Him, he , It gives us a hard time, will knock us down to the brink of insanity so that when there is no one left to call on, we will turn to him. Reminds me of a time when my friends mother was in the hospital and we all prayed for her when it looked pretty bleak, she turned to the ones who loved her and called on his mercy, man she had a bad year before, weaker women would have broken, her small amount of faith got her through and her mother recovered simply because it wasn't her time, BUT she reached out and that's what it's all about.

Posted 9 Years Ago


In desperate moments when solace is far from home. Great Write!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 1, 2015
Last Updated on January 1, 2015

Author

m.s.early
m.s.early

VA



About
"A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep." -Salman Rushdie more..

Writing