she wasn't breathing by the watercooler

she wasn't breathing by the watercooler

A Poem by m.s.early

I dripped out of a poem like this once on my way down.

I ended up pissing off all of my friends

while feeling the weight of my heart waxing.


There was a sense of destruction in the

air of the dormitory lobby. The rest

of the campus was unaware she wasn’t wasn’t breathing.

Simple flowers decayed in their pots.


This poem made me feel heavy

when I realized I had seen her.

Except she was by a water cooler

and I married her thinking I could fix her.

The worst part about fixing broken women

is once they're fixed,

they don't need you anymore.

© 2015 m.s.early


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

ain't that the truth....I sunk and I wallowed and I crept and crawled...I emerged empathetic and I managed to stand upright by threads sewn to wooden pews and historic tree rantings. I dried my hands hourly and helped them outright with firm grasps....it seemed like decades passed. In darkness I saw the twinkle of lights and in the silence I heard confessions. The holy waters I carried left scares. My warrior heart sits outside on the pocket of my shirt and only the tiniest sparkle of perfection is left in my right eye. There are no more ladders of silky hair or true love kisses....just a rickety bridge that says.. BEWARE....

Posted 8 Years Ago


In the woes of love rarely do we see beyond one or two steps. When my breath came back I found myself in the same place, same time with an ugly memory in my head. Nice write Silver!

Regards,
Al

Posted 8 Years Ago


i married a broken woman...yes, couldn't fix her...and soon the relationship wasn't breathing...

and a couple other women who needed fixing...same gig...they get better and we get left behind.

kind of how it happens...and those flowers decay in their pots, as you so aptly express.

excellent piece.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2015
Last Updated on November 1, 2015

Author

m.s.early
m.s.early

VA



About
"A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep." -Salman Rushdie more..

Writing