Bleeding Shame -- Chapter One --Stacey.

Bleeding Shame -- Chapter One --Stacey.

A Chapter by TheNewAuthor
"

BLEEDING SHAME. A novel. Has a world altering invention become temptation for murder? A vicious killer, an improbable story, and a shattering scientific discovery, mingle to create a cocktail of d

"
BLEEDING SHAME
A novel.

PART 1.
A TASTE OF BLOOD


“I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.”

― Woody Allen.


“Confusion now hath made his masterpiece.”

― William Shakespeare, Macbeth.

1.
Stacey.
*
She remembered that it was very cold and very wet on that day; the rain beating a resounding tattoo against the fragile glass windows of her house. She knew that she would have been far more afraid of the downpour than she was if circumstance had been different. The brass knocker on the front door was sturdy and beautifully wrought, it was also substantial enough to drown out the sound of the weather with its ominous clang.

From her corner of the hall, quiet, secret, and still, she saw him. Big and burly he was, clad head to toe in black, with shiny brass buttons singularly out of place along the front of his jacket. His face, although pasty white, was highlighted by two rosy cherub-like globes on his cheeks. He had a booming voice, and of all the unbelievably nasty things that were that week he was the worst.

She watched as he circled Cook Janie, she saw Janie stare transfixed at the toes of her shoes as he questioned her. She knew, by instinct alone that Janie would tell the truth, to the best of her ability anyway...

Questions echoed around the great rooms, and the constable seemed to swell with each new one, as if the facts, as abhorrent as they were, were somehow of his own making, without ever being his fault. His measure took the weight of it, and multiplied it into a case for his own self-importance. It made much of him and little of her. You would think people would be kind when they came to announce a death to a child, he treated her as if she were the culprit.

Thoughts of that dreadful day were a cloud across her mind, a mind that was swiftly drifting away from the world in a rank anonymous motel room splattered, wall-to-wall, in blood.


© 2013 TheNewAuthor


Author's Note

TheNewAuthor
Please comment. Any ideas welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really well-written and you change your sentence style constantly which makes it even better to read. The chapter creates a good amount of suspense and thriller which is always great. As for the story, it is very gripping and leaves me wanting to read more since you give a small taste of what is happening in this chapter. Keep writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 26, 2013
Last Updated on July 26, 2013
Tags: Crime, medical science, Pharma conspiracy, murder, mayhem, detective Frankie Harlow.


Author

TheNewAuthor
TheNewAuthor

About
Writing is my passion. I want to entertain with my stories. more..

Writing