Part One

Part One

A Chapter by Brooke
"

Well, part oe of Second Chance. I deleted the other one, because I decided to re-write the wedding and make it in a different chapter.... But, thank you all for reviewing the other!! Please do the same for this. =P

"

 

                              Second Chance
 
 
   I stood on the edge of the cliff, nearly shocked beyond belief about what I was about to do. My white dress flowed out behind me as a single tear slid down my cheek. My life had gone from near perfection, to… This. I would’ve never dreamed of marrying a man such as Charles Evenson; truth be told; I was more afraid of him than anything. I couldn’t even dislike him; due to fear. Charles had abused me since our marriage, and tricked me into loving him. He hadn’t known at the time that he was drafted to the army, that I was pregnant with his child. I knew that I couldn’t possibly bring a child into that home; so I left him.
   It wouldn’t have mattered, anyways; as my one-and-only son died only days after he was born.
   So, now, here I was at the edge of a cliff, ready to end my life forever. I never thought that my life would’ve amounted to this.
   I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath, that would hopefully be my last. I looked back up at the midnight moon above me, then at the raging waves below.
   And then I jumped.
 
                      *****
 
   I don’t remember much of that day; not even being pulled out of the water. But, one of my strongest memories is something sharp on my neck, then burning. White hot burning tingling throughout my whole body. I wanted to scream; but I strained to keep my mouth shut, because I wasn’t alone. I knew this, because I could hear a faint voice apologizing, over and over. And that was all I heard. Not even my own shallow breaths.
   “I’m sorry, Esme. I’m so sorry for doing this to you,” the voice said. I didn’t know who it was; the sound wasn’t familiar to me. From the way it sounded, even through all the pain tied in with it, the voice was too beautiful to belong to anything human. The burning slowly ceased from my hands and feet, the kept decreasing from all other parts of my body, until it only lingered in my heart. After a very long time – or so it seemed to me – the fire disappeared. I finally let out my breath, now that the pain was gone. I wanted to open my eyes, I was just afraid of what I would find. I decided that whatever it was couldn’t be too bad; after all, I was probably only dead.
   Although, I would’ve never imagined that death could be so painful.
   I opened my eyes, and what was before me nearly took my breath away. No, it wasn’t the dark room of somebody’s home; it was the fact that I could see everything. I sat up on the couch that I was laying on and looked around. I could see every little detail of the room, despite the fact that it was nearly pitch black. At last, I turned my gaze to the man who was sitting next to me. I took in his unbelievably handsome appearance, bright blond hair, and gleaming gold eyes that were only a shade darker than his hair. There was something strangely familiar about this man, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. The hair, the eyes, the inhuman beauty…
   Then it hit me.
   I knew this man. I had met him before; back when I was sixteen. After falling out of a tree and breaking my leg. This was the doctor that had treated me
   The doctor I had never forgotten.
   “Dr. Cullen?” I said. Despite the slight shake of it; I was surprised at how smooth and musical my voice sounded. It must be some trait of the afterlife. Dr. Cullen nodded.
   “Please, call me Carlisle. And, it’s not what you think,” he began, pausing for a brief moment. “You’re not dead. You’re a vampire.”
   I gaped at Carlisle. I was a vampire; a species that I never even knew existed. And, apparently, so was he.
   “Don’t worry, it’s not a bad thing,” Carlisle said, putting his hand lightly on my shoulder, “there’s another way to live. So we’re not the bloodsucking monsters of fairytales.” He told me. Even just a simple touch like that sent and electric shock through my body. Something that never happened when Charles touched me. Carlisle’s touch was so much different; like it meant something. Like we were meant for each other. My thought was interrupted when someone walked through the door.
   “Oh, hi, Carlisle. Hey, she made it!” The boy said. He looked to be about seventeen; with bronze-colored hair and the same golden eyes as Carlisle. He must be a vampire, too. The boy stared at me.
   “Yes, I’m a vampire, too,” he said, almost as if he heard my thoughts. Carlisle glanced at him, then back at me.
   “That’s Edward. He can read minds,” Carlisle explained briefly. I nodded once, and gave Edward a small wave. I looked around the dark room once more; since the door was slightly opened, it cast a small amount of light. My eyes caught a mirror glinting in the corner, and I found myself staring. Not at the pale, inhuman beauty that I now also had, but at my eyes. They weren’t the same shade of gold as Carlisle’s and Edward. They were bright, glowing crimson. Carlisle must’ve noticed me staring.
  “Your eyes will tone down in time. They’ll turn gold if you choose to live like us; vegetarian vampires,” he said, with a small smile. I looked away from the mirror, not wanted to see my blood red eyes anymore. In the few moments that I had been awake, I hadn’t even given any thought to my new ‘diet’. Blood. I’d never really liked blood; I had always shied away from it. But, I suppose that would change completely now. I noticed the burning in my throat, and tried to swallow. I did; but nothing happened.
  “Um, Carlisle, don’t you think that she should go hunting?” Edward asked. Carlisle looked at him, and then nodded. Hunting? What, do we go after people or something? I thought. Edward laughed openly.
   “No, we don’t ‘go after people’. We hunt animals instead,” he told me, still snickering. Carlisle offered his hand to me. I took it; and he helped me up.
   “So, should we stick with the usual, or try something new?” Edward questioned, as soon as we all walked out the door. Carlisle thought it over for a second.
   “Considering that she’s a newborn, we should probably go somewhere that we’re familiar with,” he answered. Edward nodded, and took off in the opposite direction. Carlisle turned to follow him; but he didn’t run.
   “Um, should we run, too?” I asked. It would take a while for me to get used to this voice, it was so different. I found myself distracted by how melodic is sounded.
   “We can, if you’d like. It’s actually quite exhilarating,” Carlisle replied. I nodded.
   “Yeah, I’d like to try it,” I said. Carlisle grinned at me, then turned and went in the same direction that Edward had taken. He was nearly a blur. I took a deep breath, and took off after him. He was right; running as a vampire was exhilarating. It was almost like, well, I don’t even know. I was so caught up in the moment that I crashed into Carlisle, since he had stopped. Apparently we’d reached the hunting place.
   “Oh, I’m sorry,” I apologized taking a step back. Carlisle smiled again.
   “It’s all right. Okay, hunting. It’s really not that hard; you just have to let your instincts take over. You barely have to think about it,” he explained. I did what he said, closing my eyes, and taking a deep breath in through my nose. All the scents of the forest came flooding to me; trees, grass, the small stream flowing quickly by, animals… Then the most potent one of them all hit me. I heard a beating heart somewhere nearby, and my eyes snapped open. A low growl tore through my chest, and I whipped around to face the other direction. It was close; I could see the human man was walking through the forest only a few yards away. I wasn’t thinking as I leapt towards him, and another growl ripped through me as I landed in front of the man. My eyes flashed once, and I inhaled the delicious scent of the blood pulsing through his veins. The man backed up a few steps, with a terrified expression on his face. I was so intent on my prey that I barely even noticed both Carlisle and Edward leaping towards me.
   “No, Esme!” I heard Carlisle say. He grabbed me from behind, and dragged me back, to a clearing farther away then we were before. I struggled against his iron grip as the man turned and sprinted away. The scent of human blood faded away more as the man left, and I stopped struggling. But, Carlisle didn’t loosen his death grip on me.
   “Carlisle, he’s gone now; I think she’ll be fine,” Edward whispered. Carlisle glanced anxiously towards where the man left, and his arms loosened ever so slightly. I tried to relax my muscles, to show him that I really was fine, after my little outburst there.
   “I’m sorry,” I apologized quietly, turning around to face him after he let me go.
   “No, it’s my fault. I should’ve known that something like that might’ve happened. I didn’t think to check if there were any humans around,” Carlisle said, looking down at the forest floor. I didn’t reply; it really wasn’t any use discussing it further. Even though I knew that it was completely my fault that I snapped like that.
   The three of us had finished the hunting trip successfully. I wasn’t too great at it; but, hopefully I’d get better over time. We’d gone back to the house – I assumed it was Carlisle’s – and pretty much stayed there for a while. Edward had to go somewhere; he hadn’t told us where, though. So, that left me alone with Carlisle. Which was good; I had been meaning to ask him something. We sat in silence for a few moments after Edward left. I was just trying to think of how to approach this certain subject. Nothing came to mind; I suppose that I’ll just play it by ear.
   “Carlisle?” I said quietly, looking up at him. He turned to face me.
   “Yes?”
   “Can I ask you something?” I questioned. I’d better do this slowly; I was just scared of what he might think of my question.
   “Of course you can.” Carlisle replied. I took a deep breath before speaking. This would be a bit harder than I thought.
   “Why did you choose me, of all people, to change into a vampire?” Carlisle looked as if he didn’t know what to say. And that was what I was afraid of. I sat quietly, waiting for his response. After a long moment, Carlisle looked back up at me.
   “I changed you, Esme, because,” He began, taking in a deep breath, “Ever since we met back when you were sixteen, I’ve known that…” He trailed of in mid-sentence.
   “Known what?” I inquired, barely audibly. Carlisle blinked slowly.
   “Known that I love you.”
 
   I didn’t move. I wasn’t expecting that; not at all. But, the thing is; I wasn’t unhappy to hear it. Because, I think that I feel the same way. I just didn’t know it until now.
   “I… I understand that this is probably all so overwhelming for you, and that if you don’t feel the same way, I get it,” Carlisle told me quietly. I wanted to tell him that I do feel the same way; I just didn’t know how to say it.
   “Carlisle… I-I do.” I said quietly. His expression lightened up a bit.
   “You do?” He asked. I nodded, managing a weak smile. Before I knew it, Carlisle’s arms were around me, hugging me to his chest. Neither of us said anything, we just stayed like that. After a few moments, Edward walked in. Why did he always have to come at the most intimate moment?
   “Aww, how sweet. Did you tell her, Carlisle?” He asked, grinning. Carlisle let me go, still keeping his arm around my shoulders, and nodded. I raised one eyebrow.
   “Huh?” I asked.
   “Oh, um, he was just wondering if I told you, well you know, what I just told you.” Carlisle said. I nodded slightly, looking down.
   “You two will be happy together. But, now, I’m assuming that you would like some ‘alone time’, am I correct?” Edward inquired, jokingly. Carlisle rolled his eyes.
   “You can stay if you’d like, Edward.” He said. Edward smiled mockingly, and then sat down on the opposite side of the small room.
 
                    ********

 
   I’d lived with Carlisle and Edward for about a week now. Carlisle had to go back to work at the tiny hospital in this town; as he took a little while off. Edward was gone, too; although he didn’t tell me where he was going. He never did. So, I was alone here. It was kind of eerie here when it was so quiet, with nobody around. I thought that I’d go hunting; I think I had enough self control.
   I left the house, and headed to where we had gone hunting last time. I could smell faint traces of human scent along the way, but nothing that could make me snap again.
   I’d done well so far; I had gotten a deer or two. My thirst wasn’t exactly quenched; but it was good enough. I turned to go back home, when the human scent hit my nose. I tried my best to ignore the bloodlust that was bubbling up at the mouthwatering scent. I kept moving forward; hopefully it would go away. But, the farther I went, the closer the human came. I remember Edward telling me that breathing wasn’t necessary for vampires, so I tried to hold my breath. It didn’t work for very long, the human scent was irresistible. I hesitated for a moment. The human was close; I could sense it. I needed to get away as soon as possible, or I would snap again. I didn’t have time to escape, as a human woman came through the trees then. I froze, trying to ignore the blazing burn in my throat. The woman looked at me.
   “Who are you?” She inquired. I kept my mouth shut, afraid to open it. The scent was overwhelming; I wasn’t sure how much longer I could go without killing this lady. I growled at her, hoping that it would scare her off. She took a step back, but didn’t run. I took a step towards her, drinking in the delicious scent. Whoops. Really bad move on my part.
   That was it for my self control. Another growl ripped from my chest, and I lunged at the woman. She shrieked; but it was cut off as I sunk my teeth into her neck. I wanted to stop; but I couldn’t bring myself to get away from the warm blood spilling from her neck. After a too short moment, she was completely drained of blood. I lifted myself away from the lifeless body, and locked my gaze on it. I couldn’t believe what I had just done. I killed someone. Killed someone just because I couldn’t control myself.
   “Oh, God… They’re gonna kill me,” I whispered to myself, looking down at the bloody mess that was my torso. I hadn’t done very well on keeping myself free of the woman’s blood. I got up from the forest floor, still staring at the body. I didn’t want to just leave it there; it would be clear evidence of murder. But, I really didn’t have a choice. I must’ve been there for longer than I thought, because Carlisle found me then. His eyes dropped to the dead body on the forest floor, then lifted back up to look at me. In a second, he was by my side.
   “I-I didn’t mean to kill her – it’s all my fault, Carlisle, I’m so sorry!” I stuttered. Carlisle looked at me sympathetically, and pulled me into his arms.
   “Shh, it’s okay. Calm down, everybody makes mistakes,” he comforted me, rubbing my back.
   “I didn’t mean to, I swear,” I mumbled quietly.
   “I know you didn’t; you’re still a newborn and slipping is completely normal for a vampire as young as you are,” he told me. I didn’t say anything more; I just wanted to get out of this place, and forget about the innocent life that I had just taken.
 
   Carlisle and I had reached the house. I had dragged along the way, feeling terrible about what I’d just done. When we walked in the door, Edward was home.
   “Hey. Um, what happened?” He questioned, taking in my appearance.
   “She slipped,” Carlisle told him. I looked down at the floor, not meeting Edward’s gaze.
   “I’m going to go and change,” I muttered, glancing away from the floor for a second. Carlisle nodded, and I left the room.
   I’d found something else to wear. It felt better to be free of blood. I was just about the go back into the main room, when I heard the conversation. I stood quietly, and listened at the door.
   “She slipped? Why didn’t you stop her?” I heard Edward ask.
   “I wasn’t here, Edward; did you expect me to just randomly fly in or something? Where were you?” Carlisle replied.
   “Um, well, I had to go somewhere. I didn’t think she would go hunting.”
   “Well, let’s just hope that it doesn’t happen again.”
   “What if it does? She’s a newborn; it’s pretty normal for newborns to slip up like that a lot.” I didn’t want to listen to it anymore; so I walked out then. The other two turned to look at me.
   “Hi,” I greeted them quietly. Carlisle was by my side in a flash.
   “You okay?” He asked. I nodded, stifling a sigh. Couldn’t they just forget about it?
   “So, um, what now?” I inquired, not sure of anything to do at the moment. Both Carlisle and Edward shrugged. The three of us pretty much sat in silence for most of the night.
 
   I’d done quite well on not ‘slipping up’ in the weeks that followed. Edward’s mysterious absences continued throughout the time that I’d lived with him and Carlisle; and neither I nor Carlisle knew why. He claimed to be hunting; but I knew that wasn’t the case.
   Edward had left, yet again, so that left Carlisle and I alone. Again. We’d sat in silence for a while, neither of us sure of what to say. A few times, Carlisle looked like he wanted to say something, but failed. It was almost awkward, so I decided to break the silence.
   “Are you all right?” I asked him. He looked down at me.
   “Um, yes. Any reason?” Carlisle replied.
   “You’ve been kinda quiet.” At that, he took in a shaky breath. I watched him; waiting for a response.
   “Well, actually, I’ve wanted to try something. But… I just don’t know if it will go well,” Carlisle told me. I looked at him sympathetically.
   “And what is it that you want to try?” I asked softly. Carlisle hesitated for a short moment.
   “This,” he murmured, and then leaned down and kissed me softly.
 
   “Aww, cute! What’s up with the sudden romance, lover-boy?”
   Carlisle and I jumped asunder at Edward’s comment. I nearly fell off the couch; neither of us had heard him come in. I glanced over at Carlisle, who looked almost as embarrassed as I felt. If I could have, I would’ve blushed.
   “I-I-I… I didn’t think you’d be home,” Carlisle stuttered, staring at Edward.
   “Neither did I. I didn’t think I’d find you two like that, either,” Edward replied, going to sit on the opposite side of the room; his usual spot.
   “Sorry,” I apologized quietly. Edward shrugged it off.
   “Eh, I figured I’d find you two like that sooner or later.” Carlisle rolled his eyes. I smirked, despite how embarrassed I still was.
   “Where’ve you been lately, Edward?” He questioned. Edward thought that over for a moment.
   “Was that a rhetorical question?”
   “No. I’ve just been wondering about your absences lately.”
   “Well, I’ve just had some things to take care of. That’s all.”
   I didn’t buy it. I had a feeling that Edward was up to something; I just couldn’t figure out what it was. Or why he always walked in on us randomly. That’s what got me most of the time. He must’ve heard that in my thoughts.
   “Well, I can’t help it that I just walk in. How am I supposed to know what’s going on in here?” Edward said.
   “It’s called knocking!” Carlisle retorted.
   “I live here! I don’t see why I would have to knock.”
   “Maybe so that doesn’t happen again?!” I said.
   “Good point. I don’t think I should be,” Edward fake-coughed, “seeing that.”
   “Good Lord, Edward! It was a kiss for crying out loud! Not that big of a deal!” Carlisle exclaimed.
   “Okay, okay. Cool your jets. I was only kidding,” Edward replied, laughing openly. “But, anyways. Now that the little love-fest is over, I have something to tell you guys,” he told us.
   “And this is?” I inquired.
   “I think we’re going to have to move again soon. I’m pretty sure there’s some weird creature lurking around here somewhere,” he informed us.
   “Where did you find this out?” Carlisle asked him, almost sounding like a father scolding his son. Edward glanced away for a second.
   “Well, um, I was out hunting, and I thought I smelled some scent. Something different than usual. So, I investigated it a bit. I didn’t really find anything; but I just have this hunch that I think that there is something bad around here,” Edward explained. Carlisle and I exchanged a worried glance, and then turned back to Edward. “Um, would you two like to go check it out?” He questioned.
   “Sure,” Carlisle replied. Edward quickly got up from the other side of the room, and was by the door in a flash. Once we had gone to the north a little bit, Edward abruptly turned to the west. Apparently this creature had a sudden change of heart when it came to direction. The human scent hit me a couple times along the way, but Carlisle had his arm locked securely around my waist to keep me from going anywhere.
   After a few more miles, Edward stopped.
   “This is as far as I could trace the scent. It disappeared after this point.” He said. Carlisle sniffed around a bit; probably trying to identify the scent. A strange picture of him as a dog popped into my head.
   “It’s not a scent I recognize; but I don’t think we should worry about it too much. Although, if it gets worse, we might have to move somewhere else. We’ve lived here for quite a while, anyways.” He concluded. Edward nodded, and headed off to the direction on which we came. Carlisle and I followed silently behind.
 
   We hadn’t had any trouble with the creature. Not that we did before; but, Edward hadn’t notified us of any changes. Edward and I had been sitting quietly in the living room, doing nothing, when Carlisle burst through the door. I turned to look at him. His hair was messy and windblown, and his eyes were widened.
   “Um, what’s the matter?” I asked slowly.
   “We’ve got to leave.” He replied, shutting the door tightly behind him.
   “Any reason?” Edward questioned, looking at Carlisle with a disbelieving expression.
   “Yes; I think this creature is onto us. I found another scent trail on my way home, and it lead to a pile of dead bodies. Not very well disposed of.”
   Edward and I froze, not saying anything. I tried to think of a possibility of what this creature might be; but nothing came to mind.
   “Do you think it’s another vampire?” I suggested. Carlisle thought it over for a moment.
   “Possible. But the scent had a strange werewolf twist to it. Maybe it’s both.” He answered, “But, we have to leave here. I don’t think it’ll end well if we stay.” He finished.
   “Well, where are we going to go?” Edward asked, no longer disbelieving.
   “Not sure. I’m sure we’ll find someplace, though.” Carlisle said, walking away from the door. I bit my lip, pretending to be fascinated with the floor.
 
   We’d ended up going to live in Rochester. We’d never figured out what or who the creature was; but the important thing was that it was gone. Edward insisted that we live in a larger town, I was pretty sure it was because he thought we could blend with society easier, but I wasn’t exactly sure.
   The three of us had found a little cottage to live in for the time being. We’d only taken a few things from where we lived before; probably because there wasn’t much in the first place.
   “So, hopefully we’ll live here for a while, yes?” Edward said.
   “Hopefully.” Carlisle replied, with a sigh. I glanced around the small home, studying the wood floor and walls that looked like they were made of logs.
   “I think we’ll like it here.” I said quietly. Carlisle lightly put his hand on the small of my back.
   “Me, too,” He whispered, “me, too.”
 
   Carlisle, Edward, and I had lived in the cottage for about a week and a half now. The people who lived in the town tended to shy away from us a bit; but, that wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. I was staring out the window at the small strip of trees behind the house, when Carlisle walked around the corner.
   “Esme?” He asked quietly. I turned around to look at him.
   “Yes?” I replied, a little worried about why he looked so nervous. He hesitated for a short moment.
   “Would you like to go for a little walk with me? You know, through the forest or something.” He questioned. I nodded, and quickly walked over to where he was standing.
   The two of us had walked through the forest for a little bit; hand in hand, pretty much just lightly chatting. I knew there was some reason behind this; but I couldn’t figure out what it was. So, I decided to ask him.
   “So, um, any reason that you wanted to take a walk?” I asked causally. Carlisle glanced away for a moment, and then looked back at me.
   “No, not really.” He replied, sounding a bit too aloof. I raised one eyebrow, knowing that it wasn’t the case. He must’ve noticed my disbelieving expression.
   “Okay, fine. I… I wanted to ask you something. I’m just a little nervous about it.” He amended, biting his lower lip. I gently squeezed his hand.
   “Don’t be; you can ask me anything.” I murmured. Carlisle didn’t say anything for a minute; like he was thinking of how to begin on some deep discussion. We stopped walking, and he turned to look at me.
   “Well, you know that I love you. With all my heart; and that’ll never change. So, I was thinking about, maybe… Taking it a little further.” He explained. I nodded, waiting for him to continue.
   “Esme Ann Platt,” he began, getting down on one knee. At that, I knew what he wanted to ask.
   “Will you marry me?”
 
   I stared at Carlisle for a long moment; and then nodded.
   “Yes” I whispered, breaking into a wide grin. Before I knew it, I was in his arms, embraced in a hug that nearly lifted me off the ground. He kissed me quickly but passionately, and then set me back down on my feet. I looked up at him, my arms still around his waist.
   “I’m sorry that I couldn’t get a ring; you know how the jewelers are around here. But, I’ll get one eventually; I promise” He apologized.
   “It’s okay. The important thing is that this is happening. That we’re actually getting married!” I said, my voice an octave higher than usual. “Everything just feels so unreal; like I’m in a dream.”
   “You’re not,” he whispered, smoothing my hair down in the back. Through all of the excitement and confusion of the moment, something occurred to me.
   “Where are we going to have the wedding?” I asked. Carlisle thought it over for a second.
   “Not sure. I’m sure we’ll find somewhere though. If it goes to extremes, we’ll have it in the living room,” he replied, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth.
   “So, should we go back? I’m sure Edward would like to know.” He questioned.
   “Sure,” I replied, taking his hand. We started off back through the forest, towards the house.
   We’d reached the small cottage, and, surprisingly, Edward was home.
   “Hey,” he greeted us, and then went back to reading the book in his hand. Something about either mine or Carlisle’s expression must’ve struck him, because his eyes wandered slowly away from the book, back to the two of us standing by the door.
   “What’s going on…?” He asked slowly, placing a bookmark in the book, and getting up from the couch. I hesitated, trying to hold back a grin. I didn’t know how to start, so I glanced up at Carlisle. He must’ve got the hint; because he gave a small nod, and then took a deep breath and turned back to Edward.
   “We’re engaged,” he said, simply. Edward grinned.
   “Congrats!” He congratulated.
   “Thanks,” I thanked him quietly. An awkward silence filled the room; apparently nobody knew what to say. Edward went to go sit on the couch again, and Carlisle walked over to the one opposite of where Edward was, pulling me along with him. We plopped down onto the couch, and sat in silence for a little while. After a long time, it got very awkward, so I decided to break the silence.
   “Um, would you two like to go hunting?” I asked, lightly. Carlisle nodded, sure that he wouldn’t have to be as careful when hunting now. I had much more self control as I did before; and my eye color had faded from a glowing crimson to dull amber. Hopefully they’d be the glittering gold in a little while. Both Carlisle and Edward got up from the couches, and I did the same. We headed out to a different hunting area than usual; apparently Edward was tired of the old spot. I didn’t mind; I hadn’t really been anywhere else; since we’d only found one really good spot to hunt, here in Rochester.
 
   “Well, that went quite well. We’ll have to hunt there more often,” Edward commented, on our way back home.
   “Yeah; that wasn’t half bad,” I replied, watching the ground.
   “Are you okay, Edward?” Carlisle asked, looking at Edward with a concerned expression. Edward hesitated for a moment.
   “Yes. Any reason?” He replied.
   “You just seemed a little… Different lately,” Carlisle said.
   “Oh, it’s nothing. Just some girl that lives around here; she seems a little weird.”
   “And who is this girl?” I inquired, raising one eyebrow.
   “I believe her name is Rosalie Hale. I don’t know what it is about her; she’s just kinda… Well, I can’t really explain it,” Edward answered. I looked away, not sure what to say to that. It wasn’t often that Edward talked about people like that.
   “I think I might’ve seen her around somewhere. What’s so strange about her, Edward?” Carlisle said. Edward shrugged.
   “Dunno. She just strikes me as the kind of person who gives a weird first impression. That’s all,” Edward replied.


© 2009 Brooke


Author's Note

Brooke
Like I said, pelase review this one, too! Its exactly the same as before; the only thing I did was remove the wedding. But, please, please, review. Ignore my typos and such, please. xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful work, excellent

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Added on November 16, 2009


Author

Brooke
Brooke

NY



About
'Sup. Okay, well, I guess y'all can't really answer that. Haha. But, anywayyysss... I'm Brooke. WOO HOO -- Wait, is that a good thing? Well, if you know me, HECK YEAH it is! So. Lets cut to the ch.. more..

Writing