Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by TheSummoner

        Remember, don't fly to close to the sun.

-Artemis

10/13/2186


            The next week, I messaged Lily, and organized another trip. This time I picked out a place in Denver. The Denver Museum of Human History to be exact. It was built around the turn of the century, only a block away from the old science museum.

        I took the next train to Denver and walked to the museum. By a stroke of luck, Lily was entering the museum at the same time. After a quick acknowledgment, we paid our 30 bit entry fine and began to wander between the exhibits. There was an event about the Agreement at the front of the museum. Above our heads, a colorful holo read out the history of the agreement, “In 2076 a man by the name of Peter Voltaire wrote down the dreams he had for the corrupt and war-ridden world. After a long fight and some political genius, Voltaire’s dream was adapted as the agreement we know today.”

The holo stopped and we walked forward comment towards a giant poster with the words of the agreement printed in bold letters. As humans, we acknowledge that everyone is unique, but we also know that everyone is entitled to the same set of basic rights. The right to dream, and the right to realize that dream. As humans, we are aware that violence can't settle all disputes and that each person can have a different opinion. So, as humans, let us make peace. Let us all sit down and create a world that we can all be proud of.

Lily finished reading and looked over at me, “Bizarre, isn’t it, how determined history is to repeat itself. Only a hundred years of peace before war returned.”

I thought her statement over before replying, “You’re right, but one has to think, is history repeating itself, or are we the ones doing the repeating?”

           We walked through the rest of the exhibit in silence and didn’t talk until we reached the food court. We sat down at a Mediterranean restaurant and struck up another conversation, this time about the brewing war.

        “How are we going to stop it? And if not stop, lessen.”

        “David, no matter what we do now, we’ll still get arrested after this is all over.”

        I looked at her, dumbfounded, “Arrested?”

      “Wow, you really haven’t thought about this much, have you? After the war is over, the government will want someone to blame, and it’s only a matter of time before they track our League accounts to us!”

        “Oh.”

        “Oh, indeed!” Lily answered, exasperated. “I guess that makes you right then, we have to do whatever we can to make our consequences less.”



© 2017 TheSummoner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on January 14, 2017
Last Updated on January 14, 2017