Chapter #3: The Mysterious Boys Part 3

Chapter #3: The Mysterious Boys Part 3

A Chapter by E. M. DuBois
"

Chapter One ends.

"

Eva left the mall with her friends and headed for the car. Tina laughed with the other girls as Maxy made a joke on Jain’s new choice of work clothes. Each of their arms were sporting several bags, all packed with completely new and updated wardrobes. All except Eva’s. She had just bought a few books she had been wanting and a new pair of pants.

Eva did not laugh at Maxy’s joke. Her head was somewhere else. She did not believe that that feeling from when Bruce touched her was just some buzzer. The girls found the car in the crowded parking lot without too much trouble and quickly climbed in. They all sat in the same places, Eva volunteering to put all the bags in the trunk. After she was finished, she closed the trunk and headed for her usual seat in the front passenger seat. As she was about to open the door, a little black spot in the edge of her vision caught her attention.

She looked at it and saw that is was actually a person. And not just any person, but Aleck. He walked near the exit of the parking lot, talking on a cell phone. Eva squinted at him. He did not seem to be aware that she was watching him. He was walking along the grass area by the curb, so the cars easily avoided him. Eva watched him for a little while longer until she was interrupted by one of her friends.

“Eva!” Maxy called.

Eva looked down and saw that Maxy had rolled down her window and was sticking her head out of the window. Eva smiled at her, opened the door and climbed into the Cadillac. Tina pulled out and headed straight for the exit that Aleck was hanging around.

“Hey!” Cassie said as they headed towards the exit. “Isn’t that the boy I saw you leave with, Eva?” All the girls, especially Eva, looked to where Cassie was now pointing.

“Yeah...” Eva said.

“Oh!” Linda said. “Let’s pick him up, there’s room for one more!”

“Uh-“ Eva tried to say no, but was interrupted.

“He is rather cute,” Tina pondered. As the car pulled up next to him, Tina slowly stopped and rolled down her window.

“Hi there, hun.”

Aleck mumbled something into the cell phone then took it away from his face. “May I help you ladies?”

Everyone except Eva waved at Aleck. Instead, Eva herself just sank into her chair. She hoped that he would not see her, but she knew instantly that her little plan was stupid.

“Oh, hi Eva,” Aleck said. “I didn’t know these lovely ladies were your friends.” Eva just forced a smiled as the other girls giggled.

“Well,” Tina said. “There is room for one more in here. Would you like a ride?”

“I was just calling for a ride home,” Aleck said. “Hold on a second.”

Aleck took a few steps away from the car, muttered a few more words into the phone and then pressed the end button, sliding the phone into this pocket. He then turned around and walked over to Eva’s door. She stepped out and allowed him to slide into the middle seat. Eva got back into the car with a sigh. Tina gave the new passenger of the car a smile and headed for the exit. She pulled out into the street and sped off for Tina’s house. The wind whipped through the open windows, throwing around everyone’s hair.

“So,” Tina said, looking at Aleck. “You’re cute.”

Aleck laughed and sat back. He turned to the girls in the back seats. “You think that too?”

They nodded and giggled, trying to lay on the charm to the new “friend.” Eva sunk low into her seat. Her seat belt soon was supporting her breasts better than her bra was. The three friends started asking Aleck questions, such as where was he from, and where did he live now, and how old he was. That question took him a few seconds of coaxing to answer. But then he gave the number 16, same age as Tina, and everyone was happy.

Then Tina asked, “So I saw you with Eva, you think she is cute right?”

Everyone in the car could hear a pretty loud grown come from Eva’s seat.

Aleck looked at her and laughed, then he lifted her back up. “Aw, I won’t try to embarrass you,” he said.

“Same can’t be said for us!” came Linda’s squeaky voice.

Everyone in the car began to laugh. Even Eva felt a little giggle rising up in her throat. She was feeling herself lightening up quite a bit. Aleck was already relaxed and seemed to have made friends with everyone in the car without even trying. He said everything they wanted to hear, even if it was just a joke, and heard everything they wanted to say in return.

The day wore on as they drove around town. Aleck had let it slip that Eva had been planning to show him around, and now everyone had wanted in on the action. Tina made a quick stop to get gas for the car, and Linda bought everyone some snacks, and then the Cadillac zoomed off on an official tour of the city. Tina drove down the streets of the city in no particular pattern.

This made it a very hectic tour. They showed him all their favorite places to shop to buy clothes, hang out, shop to buy clothes, shop to buy food, shop to buy clothes, swim, and shop to buy clothes. They drove around and showed him where they went to school, where all the coolest burger joints were, and where the baseball stadium was. Then it was, once again, time to show him another place where they went shopping. Many times they had to drive in circles and had to double back and head down a street they had just come from. At about 10:00 p.m. that day, after it had gotten dark, everyone had decided it was time to head home. So, Tina drove everyone home one by one.

Aleck made mental notes of everyone’s address, just in case it would come in handy. First Linda was dropped off. Everyone gave her a quick hug, even Aleck, and then after a wave goodbye to everyone, she ran back to her house. Aleck even got out and helped her carry her bags into the house. The same happened with Maxy and Cassie. They got out, waved bye, and Aleck helped get their stuff inside. Cassie had even gone so far to kiss Aleck on the cheek. He jogged back into the car, blushing, picking a spotting the now empty back seat. He sat right behind Eva. Tina soon pulled up by Eva’s house.

“Well, here you go, girl,” Tina said with a smile.

“Ok,” Eva said, getting out.

Once again, Aleck also stepped out. Tina popped open the trunk and Aleck got out Eva’s bag and handed to her. She took it with a smile. Then she started walking up to her house. Aleck was walking right beside her. At least until he heard Tina’s car horn. He turned around and saw her standing out of her car door waving at him to get back in.

“Don’t,” Eva said with a tone of warning. “She would just love to get you alone with her, trust me.” Aleck blushed.

“That’s okay!” he yelled to Tina. “I can walk home from here!”

“Okay, if you’re sure!” she yelled back. “But it’s not fair that Cassie got a kiss and not me too, you know!”

Aleck rolled his eyes and with a slight smile jogged back over to her. He turned his head and presented his cheek to her. But as he leaned over to accept it, he instead received a hand on both cheeks and Tina turned his head to face her. Then she tightly crushed her lips onto his. He blushed lightly then pulled away. There was a loud smack! As they part lips.

“Uh...” Aleck could not force a word from his throat.

“Mmm,” Tina said, licking her lips. “I look forward to another one of those!”

Aleck took a few steps back from the Cadillac and Tina sat back into the driver’s seat and took off down the road. He then returned to Eva.

“Eh,” was all he could manage. His face was still a little red. Eva smiled and shook her head.

“I just saved a virgin, didn’t I?” Tina asked.

“I don’t see how this is all relevant,” Aleck said.

Eva laughed and walked to the door. Aleck stayed where he was. Eva took out her keys, unlocked the door, and entered the house. She turned, gave him a wave, and shut the door. Aleck turned around and walked down the pavement and onto the sidewalk. There he turned left and headed for no place in particular. He was just walking. He snapped his fingers and Eva’s file appeared in his hands again. His eyes scanned it, but truthfully, his mind was on his kiss with Tina

It had been his first since… he cut his mind off. It was too painful.

 

To Be Continued. . .



© 2018 E. M. DuBois


Author's Note

E. M. DuBois
Part 3 of 3.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've read all three chapters. Pretty good so-far. I like how you feed just a few intriguing clues here and there to pique the reader's curiosity as to what the story is all about. You hint at a deeper and possibly darker plot.

There might be a little too much detail and mundane information. Just my opinion. After I write a chapter I will go over it up to a dozen or more times looking for misspellings and awkward sentences. For each piece of information, I ask myself, "Does the reader REALLY need to know this?" (Of course, one can err on the side of brevity, too. It's a tough call sometimes.)

It's early in the story to say if I like it or not. It seems well told with good flow, though.

By the way... it's spelled 'clothes'.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
1 Review
Added on May 27, 2012
Last Updated on April 5, 2018
Tags: Eva, Evalisa, Aleck, Chapter #1, Jain, Eva’s Guardians, Chess Games, E. M. DuBois, Mysterious Boys, Bruce, Supernatural & Occult, Part 3


Author

E. M. DuBois
E. M. DuBois

Find Me, Earth, WI



About
Well, I am a former Marine (Infantryman to be exact,) though I try not to let that influence my writings too much, I LOVE the black and white theme of this place, and I feel right at home writing and .. more..

Writing
Blurbs! Blurbs!

A Chapter by E. M. DuBois