The Proposal

The Proposal

A Poem by Lawrence Brown

The smells enraptured his whole being, melting his soul, caressing his thoughts.

Standing there he knew he was in the right place, the right world, he knew he was beginning to grow.

Tentatively moving forward time played across his thoughts. He fiddled with thoughts of different actions, but he continued to walk.

His destiny as a person was ahead his being told him so. Knowing the only way to grow as a man he knew he had to walk on and on.

The smells of fresh cut roses and other flowers danced across his senses, he closed the distance, gathering the strength, to go through with his vision.

After his jaunt through a world he never imagined he'd visit, he made his way forward , afraid, yet determined to complete his mission.

To another store his feet took him. Carrying him on,lifting his spirits , while causing his heart to race. He quickly made his purchase and raced to his final place for that day.

He entered the restaurant and saw the object of all his desires. His heart begin to flip, his forehead beaded with sweat and his soul enraged with fire.

He gripped his pocket ,
and rubbed on the box,
containing the object,
of his earlier jaunts.

Then he looked at the flowers, he held in his other hand, as he hoped things would go as smooth, as he planned.

Then he looked at his soul from afar as he drew near her,and thanked God for bringing such a joy to his earth.

To his world, into his life, his mind, into every breath that he took. And at that moment his nerves no longer quaked, trembled or shook.

He boldly walked forward,
gaining confidence in his gait,
second by second,
and step after step.

He reached his love ,
his goal,
his whole complete being.
He mumbled some words,
then gathered the nerve,
to drop to one knee.

© 2015 Lawrence Brown


Author's Note

Lawrence Brown
Hello Family Tell Me All Your Thoughts

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on July 24, 2015
Last Updated on July 24, 2015

Author

Lawrence Brown
Lawrence Brown

Bozeman, MT



About
I've been writing over 30 years I'm 40 and looKing to get published. I can write every genre style. I wrote screenplays, stage plays, fiction, non fiction, philosophy, young adult, children's books et.. more..

Writing