The Masterpiece Murders #5

The Masterpiece Murders #5

A Story by Nathanial Tirado

By the time I had gotten back to the office the sun had started to set. Didn’t bother me much, I worked better at night with a few in me anyway. I was beginning to get near my door when a woman locked eyes with me; a look of panic was in her smoldering brown eyes. There was a certain hurry in her step and just when I thought it couldn’t get any more odd she planted one on me.

“Oh it’s so good to see you!” she exclaimed

It was about my time to be confused, but before I could say anything, I saw what was going on in the eyes of the bruiser behind her. They were boring a hole right into me.

“Please help.” She pleaded quietly.

I quickly wrapped an arm around her and brought her inside.

“Miss, you owe me an explanation.”

“I’m sorry for coming to you like this Mr. York but a friend of mine recommended you highly. It’s about a friend of mine. I need to call the police; may I use your phone?”

“Of course, but why’s the gorilla back there following you?”

She remained quiet as we hurried up the stairs. The rhythmic clattering of our shoes sounded like a hopped up drummer. We finally reached my office, and amidst the letters of my name on the door was an envelope, hung on my door by a dried piece of gum. I clenched my teeth for a moment and tore it off and led her inside.

“So what did you see ma’am?” I asked her, a small look of relief as I moved the phone toward me.

“There was a man coming out my friend’s apartment, he had a big package with him.”

I realized what it probably was but I still had to make sure I was right.

“Did you see what it was?” I asked.

“No, I didn’t, it was long and covered in brown paper.”

“Let’s go visit your friend, I have a sinking feeling she’s not doing well.”

© 2014 Nathanial Tirado


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on January 3, 2014
Last Updated on January 3, 2014

Author

Nathanial Tirado
Nathanial Tirado

A city of dreamers, aspirers the people of tomorrow., NH



Writing