Theory #1 - Oblivion

Theory #1 - Oblivion

A Story by iNSOMniAC
"

Here's one of my theories. If you use it, please give credit.

"

The end is something we can not avoid. We don’t have the power to stop our fate. Even if we happen to dodge the death of our sun, our race will never proceed for eternity. We knew this for a fact, and so our species became advanced. We wanted to make a huge mark on history so it would be worth losing. Time has no end and no beginning, but our history is a story, and all stories must come to an end. I used to know a kid who always ripped the last page out of books so he could avoid seeing the end of it. I never really understood why he thought it meant he was dodging the end. He was simply creating a new end for the book… he was cutting it short. He’s proving why we humans wanted to advance and make a large impact on our history. We don’t want our story to be cut short before the end, so we have to make it good enough so that the universe will read it until the very last word - the very last human. My friend was incomplete, though. He had no true ending, just like all of the books he’s read. His story (See that? History.) was cut short. I found that to be interesting and worthwhile, so I tried to come closer to him and learn about his story - but that ended up hurting both of us. Anyway, he didn’t tell me this, but I could see it. I could read the words that were tattooed on his blue veins, and I could see it… he’s seen an ending before. He didn’t want to see another one, so instead, he cut the end short. Yeah, we will eventually come to an end, and you can’t avoid that. Maybe we will end in a terrible way… but that’s better than being cut short and not having a true end. He just doesn’t know it. He doesn’t know that the end is the same thing as a beginning.

© 2015 iNSOMniAC


Author's Note

iNSOMniAC
If you see a mistake (misspelled words, incorrect grammar, etc), then please tell me. However, I am only a beginner, so please don't ask too much of me if there is something you don't particularly like. ^^"

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

amazing write...... I loved every word of it...... its should be a theory but a law!!!!!!! Thanx for sharing beamer !!!! He was simply creating a new end for the book...... I loved this line particularly ......

Posted 9 Years Ago


iNSOMniAC

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! :3
Nene

9 Years Ago

you're welcome !!!!
This couldn't be any truer. We should make our story worth hearing and not make it a sad one nor a horror story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


iNSOMniAC

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! c:
Astrid

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the lovely piece.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2015
Last Updated on January 18, 2015
Tags: Theory, #1, Oblivion, The Pain Bearer

Author

iNSOMniAC
iNSOMniAC

Watching my rear-view mirror, and what it is reflecting: it's an image that's broken.



About
I hope you don't mind if I start over. ------------------------------------------------------ "That night, the ocean rippled in the sky, tapping on the glass that kept it away from its true pl.. more..

Writing
Stardust Stardust

A Poem by iNSOMniAC