I am afraid to love

I am afraid to love

A Poem by Elly

I am scared to fall in love. I am scared to let in the agonizing pain, fulfill my body, covering every inch. To be rejected by the one you care for the most and letting their words sick into your head; making you think about it every night as the wind blows softly.

You want to hold them close and whisper softly in their ear that you love them and you care, but afraid that they will never say it back. Your heart will break into pieces and all you could ever do it pick them up and tape them back up, hoping that they will accept you again.  You want them to write poems about how much they think about you everyday and when your name pops up it makes the heart race that you can hear is miles away, but instead you sit in silence while tears are streaming down your face, wanted to forget them because you’re the one writing the depressing poems on them hurting you. You’re the one that wants to be swept off their feet, but instead they push you under. You’re the one that once believed that love will be able to cure anything, just by giving a small gesture.

Theories change.

Smiles are filled with cracked lips and emotionless faces.

A fake smile with eyes screaming for someone to help and grab their hand, please look at me, please look how I feel. Look what I have to go through to find love.

Can love fix me, because so far it has been nothing but regrets and death, so tell me, is it really worth it?

 

-ED

 

 

© 2015 Elly


Author's Note

Elly
Please tell me what you guys think about this. It would be really appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on May 7, 2015
Last Updated on May 7, 2015
Tags: Love, heartbreak, pain, sadness, emotion, thoughts

Author

Elly
Elly

About
I cannot make you read my writing, but I when you do, then you'll see how I view the world. more..

Writing
I know I know

A Poem by Elly


Cards Cards

A Poem by Elly