Last August

Last August

A Story by Mark
"

This is a short story about what happened in August and is my first story on this website so yeah enjoy and please leave a review

"
Chapter one - The Beginning 
"On a warm day in the middle of August, an event occurred" 
Stated the inspector 
"Well inspector I don't know what you are talking about" replied Earl 
" that's why I'm here mr grout, I have many questions to ask that I do need answers to" answered the inspector 
" well we has better sit down then" 
"Yes we had"
" so then what are you waiting for"
" very well then, August, anything in particular happen that you are aware of?"
"Not really no" 
" are you sure? You didn't pay a little town a visit did you?"
"Inspector why are you paying such an interest in me, I'm sure you have other places to be-"
"Earl dear would you care to join me- oh inspector what a unexpected visit" said mrs grout 
"Sorry dear it will have to wait apparently what the inspector has to ask is very important"
"It's not what I want to ask that is important bit the answers that will derive from the questions that are of importance, as I was saying the middle of August did you pay a little town a vist?" Asked the inspector 
"Yes I did a little town called lucambe I don't see why this is important "
" did you meet anyone in particular in this town?"
" as a matter of fact I met a very polite person who was soon to become my new employe of the business that I own" 
" polite you say? would you say you trusted tho person?"
" I could say that I trusted this person"
" even with a secret?" 
" yes even with a secret"
" so after your little vacation to this town ended you decided to head back home?"
" I obviously did who wouldn't?"
" I'm just asking my questions doing my duty"
" well please stop with the stupid questions" 
" so when you went home you returned to your normal duties?"
"I did"
" where was the new employee?"
" I don't know he never started work at my place"
" was there any reason for this?"
" not in particular, apart from the fact that he went missing"
" he went missing did he?"
" yes rather odd actually"
" maybe it's time we invite your wife in shall we?" 
" ok- EMMA"
" yes love"
" the inspector would like to speak to you" 
" I don't see any reason but very well" 
"So mrs grout did you have any sort of friendship with the new employee that me grout met on his vacation?"
" not really we said our hellos and that's it"
" are you sure about that?"
" no I'm not I think it's about time I come clean about this isn't it"
Chapter two - the affair 
" it was towards the end to August and I had met this new employee his name was Joshua, and I really did like him even though he was my husbands friend"
" so was there any sort of relationship between you two?"
" eventually yes there was, we ended up sleeping with each other and I really liked him and always wanted him"
" so you slept with him?"
" yes, and I really do regret that mistake now but after a while he said that he wanted a few thousand pounds otherwise he would tell my husband"
"Did you give him it "
" no I said I couldn't afford it and then we had an argument"
" and then what?"
" I ended up killing him he deserved it really badly, but the thing is now I have to kill you two" 
" oh no your not your coming with me"
The inspector pulled out his handcuffs and the door burst down and police entered with their guns and she was taken away and sent to prison a few years later her husband went missing and the inspector too both without a trace .....

© 2017 Mark


Author's Note

Mark
Please leave a review on what you think and thank you for taking your time to read it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read the whole story and with every line I read it only triggered me to read what would happen next. It really kept me interested and captivated my senses. You did an amazing job with the dialogue as the sentences were clear and consistent which only showed that you had invested a great deal of time and effort to craft the story. You were also successful in creating the mystery in your story, it reminded me of Agatha Christie's stories.
I would conclude by saying that you have the talent of story telling and you possess the language skills.
It was pleasure reading. Great job!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Added on December 19, 2017
Last Updated on December 19, 2017