The Other Man-II

The Other Man-II

A Story by Akash Sharma
"

A story which tells us that love never dies, determination towards what we love defines us.

"

Girl: Hie, watsup??                                        10:35 AM

Boy: Hii, nothing much, just woke up.           10:37 AM

            And what about you???                           10:37 AM

    G: Same here but, still in bed not

         allowed to get up :-c                           10:38 AM  

      B:  yeah….but don’t worry u will get rid of

        that plaster today and then you’ll be

        able to walk n run & many things you used to do

        like dancing, so cheer up now.               10:39 AM  

   G:  Dancing…yeah I missed it a lot, I am on this bed

        from last 10 days and I hate it now.       10:41 AM 

   B: 10 days 16hrs 23 mins                            10:41 AM

   G: ahmmm but don’t you think 10 days will be

        very less for any fracture to get

        repaired properly.                                 10:42 AM

   B: it’s just a hairline crack so, I think it

       will be okay by now.                              10:43 AM

   G: Hmm hopefully…so, see you at the hospital &

         you also get fresh and have something. 10:45 AM

   B: Hmm okk see you then.                          10:46 AM

 

AT THE HOSPITAL

 

  G: Finally I am off all this, btw thanks for coming here.

  B: Ohhh, thank your parents that they had allowed me to be with you everytime otherwise I would have been at my front gate to have a glance of your’s, without this plaster.

 G: that is also true but why they will not allow you to come here.

 B: how should I know but it’s something like that only.

 G: Amm.... but, I am not getting anything about these scars like stitches on my forehead.

 B: Will u please stop talking about all these injuries you had, you are all ok now. Just exercise daily with physiotherapist and it will be all good in a month.   

G: Eewww exercise and hospital I don’t like any of these, well papa n mummy are back now so I think we will be leaving for home now.

B: hmm okk you go with them I will be coming with my brother he will be here in some minutes.

G: Why is he coming here?

B: I don’t know. He had called me some time’s back so I have to wait for him.

G: okay so see you at home.

B: hmm okk.

 

 

As the days passed, weeks rolled, 2 months have gone. Now they had started talking for hours, both have something deep in their hearts. On one hand where boy was bounded with a promise he had made, the girl is still waiting for the boy to make an approach on the other hand. They frequently used to visit each other at their places, just to be with one another.

And one fine day this happened,

 

G: What are these letters??

     This is my handwriting, these are my words, these are undersigned by me but how is this possible??? I have not done any of this.

B: From where have you got all these??

G: They were there in your laptop bag and you were not here, I saw these colorful pages falling out from bag so I gathered them to put them back into       your bag but I found these all turned out on my name, so will you please tell me the truth.

B: hahahaah it’s nothing just a letter I have got some time’s back from a girl,and It’s a mere co-incidence that she also have the same name as your’s. So,    leave It and tell me about how was your day.

G: Liar!!!! Same name is a coincidence, how can same handwriting will be a Coincidence. You had never lied to me but why this time?

B: Errrrghh……………

 

In the very next moment boy recalled all what has actually happened with the girl, what her parents and doctors had said him about her health and what promises he had made for her betterment.

 

FOUR MONTHS AGO (FLASHBACK)

 

B: but everything will be alright, we both can convince our parents when the time will come.

G: No I can’t help it anymore. I love my parents more than that of you. I just want you to take care of yourself, I just can’t do anything for it now.

B: how can you do this to me, you know how much I love you. You are breaking      me again, please don’t do this.

G: I am sorry, that’s all I just can say.

B: Please I just want you to fight with me for once, don’t leave me alone again…….

G: I just can’t, I am sorry.

 

Two months later this girl met an accident in which she had fractured her elbow and leg & the most drastic part when she fell on the ground her head collided with something and made her unconscious on the spot. When she reached hospital and doctors examined her they said that she is in partial coma, she can listen everything can see everything but can’t respond to them. When boy came to know all this he wanted to see her but he can’t. After 43 days she got her senses back and when she opened her eyes her parents came to her and asked how is she feeling she was totally in a shock by seeing her parents changed in looks and her brother was bigger than what image she have in her brain.

So doctors observed all that and called her parents where they told them that she had lost her partial memory (short term memory loss). She had lost all her memories from last two and half years. And if she is forced to know all at once may cause a total memory loss.

As boy got acknowledged by all this he just raced to the floor on which she was admitted. He convinced her parents somehow to meet her by promising them that he will never let his feelings come in front of her. As this boy and girl were in a relationship from last two years and few months only, when she knows him only as a friend.


She saw him in her room and tears started rolling down her cheeks, he somehow managed to make her feel good for some time and also himself in a non-weeping phase. After that he met her brother and he took her phone and deleted all of their previous chats leaving no loose ends.

 

Conversation continues…

B: Errrrghh…. I don’t know what are you thinking but I am not lying.

G: Okay I am leaving, I know you are hiding many things but I will not hide it    

     anymore.

B: What?

G: I had started falling for you, I just love you.

 

She left the place and left the boy in a dilemma. Boy is an arrhythmic and after those break ups with the girl he had survived two cardiac arrhythmia. He is not in a state of taking any emotional and cardiac traumas. Also cannot break any promises he made to her parents and also to her when they were in a relationship. He never left her side and always stays in her love, fulfilling every promise he had made. He decided to leave for Venice with his pet Hachi(Golden retriever) & a decision that his love will always be for her only girl.

 

He left a letter for her before leaving

 

Hiee,

         I don’t know why I am saying this all to you but please try and listen to what your heart says to you, sometimes brain fools us in a very unexpected manner but heart can never do that, if the things you hold inside it is true. Go on accomplish your fantasy of getting married, whatever I am not there in that as what you wanted me to be but never get disheartened or frightened before taking your decisions. There is someone somewhere living life just for you. I hate saying goodbyes so………….

               See you soon

© 2019 Akash Sharma


Author's Note

Akash Sharma
read it by your eyes and heart don't let your cheeky brain ruin the love story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohh!!!! It is an tragic love story..Good byes are really one of the things I haye the most..But it is the way a life goes on..It is really a nice story..Golden retriever..impressing..
Very emmotional..Dedication I can totally relate it to myself..In a certain way

Posted 6 Years Ago


Akash Sharma

6 Years Ago

yeah same thing determination that is pretty important
Akash Sharma

6 Years Ago

btw thnks for giving ur time
horizon

6 Years Ago

no thanks sir ji

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
1 Review
Added on June 10, 2017
Last Updated on May 2, 2019
Tags: Love, Drama

Author

Akash Sharma
Akash Sharma

Agra, North, India



About
Human more..

Writing
Apnapan Apnapan

A Poem by Akash Sharma


YOU. YOU.

A Poem by Akash Sharma