Wild Chase.Part 1

Wild Chase.Part 1

A Story by A.Samson
"

Fear of death was imminent, unbeleivebly confusing,yet,it was true,can she...Part 1

"
The huge dog leapt at him as he rounded a corner,running at full speed,they crashed together with a deafning thud that knocked breath out of him,he was aware of the steepy wood and had been picking his flight through the wood with care,but the dog had changed that,the dog was howling while rolling down the bushy slope,with him only a foot behind it.He was trying to hold on to one of the bushes but couldnt,he ended up getting nasty bruises on his hands.It felt like a life time they had been falling when they hit the bottom,seperately,a strong root caught him on the left rib and changed his falling direction to right,he groaned with pain.Was it ten seconds or twenty?A minute or two,he did not know,when he opened his eyes, he was surprised, because he was still alive,he had expected the big dog to have finished its job by riping off his oesophagus after crashing at the bottom of the slope.
The dog,deep brown was about a feet away from him.His head had been jammed by its falling force into a very strong forked stick and strong tree ropes had bound the head to the fork,tightly,the dog was managing some barely audible howls,intermittently.Relieved and happy to be alive,he saw a big stone nearby,heaved it and smashed it on the dog's head,it whimphered,then silent.The dog had meant to kill him,it only succeded in tearing his cloth and also,the terrible fall.He heard distant rushing,dog....no....dogs?No!!!Again?Will she trully see him killed?Had they discovered his ruse?They must have opened the bag...or cut it open,code or without code.He picked his race through the wood afresh.He had informed his partner of the delivery,why they had not come to his aid?As an undercover officer of Nigerian Police Force,he had completed his mission and his back up failed to wrap up the operation by put her and the rest away,yes,put Jane away,she deserved to be locked up and tried and....yes they can kill her for her crime,doubting his courage if he would be able to pull a trigger on her if he came face to face with her,guns on each other's chests!
He had lived with Jane for seven years,she bore him a daughter,he never knew that her teaching job was a cover,he fell in love,she did too....''did she?'' He asked himself and shook his head,a low strong and sharp tree branch marked his neck as he rounded a corner at his steady and fast running pace,he felt a warm blood coursing down his neck,he applied pressure on to it,his rapid steps unfaltering.Jane love seemed so genuine,he never doubt her,Eliz,their daughter was four years old,and away to visit her aunt,Jane's sister,may be a fake one too,Jane herself was a lie.
''No one is taken my daughter!I will see to that''He made a promise to himself,which he prayed he would kept.
He tried to listen to his chasers,he heard nothing,he was happy that he was winning,he had left them far behind ,instead a roaring of massive water reached him,surprised and panicked seized him,why he had not heard the river before?Then the fact dawned on him,the river must be very...very deep for its bank to deflect its sound away till one is always upon it.
He ran on,but cautiously,suddenly he found himself at the bank and noticed two figures,hidding with two dogs behind a big fell tree,he was amazed,how did they managed to be there when he had left them 'far behind' the hidden men sensed that he had spoted them unleashed the dogs.
He rushed forward,flying like an arrow in flight,dogs were closing the gap,the rest pursurers appeared behind a bush.And he saw her as he cast a frightful glance over his shoulder in panic of the dogs,Jane she was running with a ready Ak47 rifle,expertly balanced in her hands,and encouraging the dogs to run faster,then when they realised he might escape,they started shooting.He approached the bank,very deep,about three storeys building in depth,as he leapt,he heard Jane cursing loudly"I have hit a bloody dog!"
James felt himself under a great force of gravity,bullets following him,air howling in his ears.He was falling to his death,but a fact remain unchanged ,Jane is a professional assassin.
"Eliz,i am coming for you,even in death,i must..."He was promising and bracing himself for an unknown impact..against rock or water,something hit him on the back with a considerable force,he fainted,then hit the surface of...
To be continued...

© 2014 A.Samson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on July 1, 2014
Last Updated on July 4, 2014

Author

A.Samson
A.Samson

Iwo, Western Nigeria., Nigeria



About
About me...?Ok,my names are Ajao Ademola Samson,a Nigerian.I started as a story teller at age of four,not with my agemate but my older relatives include my parents.And i started writing stories for so.. more..

Writing
OBSERVER OBSERVER

A Poem by A.Samson