Gone Forever.

Gone Forever.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty
"

Written about a death of a friend of mine. <3

"
It appears to me in the dead of night. In the twilight hours. This empty room.

Forever scarred by the beauty of you, I imagine now the suspension - the apprehension of your scent. It wasn't your time, not now. Not while you still had much to teach me.

Your empty room, the sorrows of many now.

Your family wept bitterly over your wretched death. Your wretched life screamed inner tranquility at such a high cost. For so long I have longed for you. Your return. Looking into your dead eyes now I see nothing but pain, pain I had never seen you suffer when you were by my side.

The reality struck me not in an instant. Like a marathon: No runner rides through unchanged. The wall of tears hit when I looked into your brother's eyes.
He held back the tears so fiercely inside. From the outside he stood stronger than the strongest tree.
His roots are embedded in yours. Forever.

I cried for days. I regretted how little I'd done for you when you were always there. I should have seen your subtle cries for help. They called you "Off the rails" They whispered dulcet tones of insanity into your caring heart. You were only beaten when their last poison penetrated your veins for the final time.

I regret so much, my friend. You have been taken from me, from all of us with such little notice.

I have no final memory of you. No priest in the cenitaph. No undertakers and close family gently taking you to your final resting place. No last rites. No memory. No memory. My last right to see you was taken away too, a sick game of "eye for an eye". They took me from you when post-mortally needed me. Sick irony.

Now I must live on when you do not. This broken room is filled with what could have been (What if..?)
Now you only visit me in nights like these. Never under happy pretences like it used to be. The years we spent together are distant memories.

Twilight hours, it is only now. Only now when we meet. I still see the pain in your final seconds of life. I beg god to give you your final release, and a final peace.

I will always love you.
I will forever miss you.


Rest in peace.




© 2011 Thomas Roarty


Author's Note

Thomas Roarty
This is rather personal.
Contructive crits only.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it how you made the paragraphs shorter towards the end of the poem, as if symbolising the end of the friendship or the period of time.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Touching, and despairing too. You evoke pathos well

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 28, 2011
Last Updated on June 13, 2011

Author

Thomas Roarty
Thomas Roarty

Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello! My name is Thomas. I am sixteen years of age and I have just began writing for personal pleasure, I hope you enjoy my works :) I'm not 100% positive on how to define my works. Thus far they se.. more..

Writing
Dig. Dig.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty