Dig.

Dig.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty
"

Monologue I made about being sick of modern pop culture.

"
Outlet of sadness. A lonely head atop a pike, entrails scattered. It seems clear now the frustration is set free when impaled.

Perhaps it is why I come here, a lowly, destitute place reeking of false hope and vain relapses. Perhaps I wish to be appeased by your good wishes.

Now comes the bridge, something to safely carry the story onward, the stained pavement is well-worn with talentless circus-shows. Please me when I reach the end of it, it may be worth it when so many others lose their way on such a linear, basic voyage.

The w****s take their place on stage, the consumers lap at this false gesture. I must remember to never please the godess of present. She sucks the lifeblood from our feet, will you fight back? A chance to be truely original has been swept away with the tide of all this wretch.

Trash-tide. Waves of evil crash around the sins of the post modern "innovators" Must you know no innovation? Plagarism, it seems, is the new black in a world of grey.

But are you even with me? You, with eyes as wide as a cat's. You seek wisdom and yet pry for popularity and claw at the bone walls to be seen with the Gaga masses. To rise above? Or to rise from.

There is nothing more to free yourself from, as both of us are forever caught in the unfortunate future of our demise. I am the head on the pike, sickened by what time has offered me. Sickened by what lack of true intelligence, loyalty and creativity. I have "scene" this coming. Too many, too many times.

And yet.

I still choose to be at one with this atrocity.

© 2011 Thomas Roarty


Author's Note

Thomas Roarty
Constructive crits only, as always.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

uhm, f*****g brilliant! it's really dark but that's probably fitting... it seems to be a perfect commentary on society, i really like it. the bit where you say "but are you even with me" seems like it could almost be a love poem, like you're talking to someone you love about how awful the world is but they might make it a tad more pleasing... but that's just me being obsessed with love. i like the ending, it seems obedient yet aware... anyway, nice job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

uhm, f*****g brilliant! it's really dark but that's probably fitting... it seems to be a perfect commentary on society, i really like it. the bit where you say "but are you even with me" seems like it could almost be a love poem, like you're talking to someone you love about how awful the world is but they might make it a tad more pleasing... but that's just me being obsessed with love. i like the ending, it seems obedient yet aware... anyway, nice job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Trash-tide. Waves of evil crash around the sins of the post modern "innovators" Must you know no innovation? Plagarism, it seems, is the new black in a world of grey."
No weakness in this poem. Many strong points that could open a good conversation. We look at people who are pretty and believe their bull s**t. But we need to look at people with wisdom and knowledge. Take no genius to understand a world based on war will fall. Cost of war can improve the contractors of war. Who is paying for the wars and foolishness. A excellent poem. You made me think. I sit and watch my world. I see men making millions of dollar voting to lay off men making just enough. If these men cut their wages and accepted no pension. I would have some confident in the lawyers running this world. Great poetry. We need Poets who make us think.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2011
Last Updated on March 5, 2011

Author

Thomas Roarty
Thomas Roarty

Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello! My name is Thomas. I am sixteen years of age and I have just began writing for personal pleasure, I hope you enjoy my works :) I'm not 100% positive on how to define my works. Thus far they se.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shadows Shadows

A Poem by Kristen