Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Deanna

It was her who was left for last. Not so much intentionally, but her arrival was delayed and her warning earlier had came all but too late. The woman’s knees buckled and her ankles shook with exhausted fear. She held out her hand as she slowly tried to back away. “What are you doing? Put it down,” she cried helplessly. “Please, put it down.” Where she inched next on the hard floor she slipped slightly. Although already knowing what was beneath her feet, she just couldn’t help but tilt her head down at the spilt blood that’d made its way across the floor. The desire to double over and vomit from the sight and chaos pulled at her stomach, but the longing to go and see if there was any chance she’d feel a pulse was almost impossible to bear. Devastation, however, kept her feet wading in the pool. She looked back up and the rest of her heart shattered at what she saw. “What’s happened to you?” she asked, the choking tears made her sad voice sound limp. But she knew it was hopeless.

And the trigger was pulled for the second time.

* * * * *

His eyes shoot open, pupils wide and dilated. The reminiscent sound of the shot echoes in his ears and head as he wakes from the dream. His unveiled body shivers, covered in a cold sweat.    

 



© 2009 Deanna


Author's Note

Deanna
Remember to purchase Through His Veins, coming soon!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. That's a great story. I wonder what happens next?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There's definitely enough in this prologue to intrigue the reader into wanting to read more.
In terms of character, you make it clear that there is some prior connection between the gunman and the woman who arrives late. We sympathise with her plight - and we're also led to empathise with him, as her question indicates that she didn't used to think him capable of killing.

Good luck with the book; who are you publishing though?
Thanks for reviewing my piece.


Posted 15 Years Ago


When is the book going to be published??????

I enjoy the book so far. Please post more?

Hope to read mroe soon.

Arc

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2009


Author

Deanna
Deanna

Bay Area, CA



About
Hey guys! I'm Deanna, I'm sixteen; totally excited to have joined! Writing has been in my life since at the latest the 3rd grade and I love writing almost anything. Poetry, lyrics, short stories, nove.. more..

Writing
Awaiting Awaiting

A Poem by Deanna


Runaway Purity Runaway Purity

A Story by Deanna





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5