Prologue: Being Forsaken

Prologue: Being Forsaken

A Chapter by ThyFilthyNoob

The sky glowed a bright red as meteors continued to plummet down over us, and when the Earth shook for the first-time chaos erupted from every direction. Buildings crumbled and the earth began to split, causing hot liquid to seep out of the cracks that covered the streets, the smell of burning flesh spread through the air. Screams surrounded me causing the hair on my neck to stand as my pulse accelerated. 


"We need to go now!" The shout booms through the air, and yet I can't pull my eyes away from the sight. Frozen in time I stood there, my body refusing to listen to my internal screams. Run! Run! Run!

 

"Shin!" 



The voice calls my name, my body pulled into a sprint but my legs are rubber. I stumble before gaining enough momentum to keep up. My heart thunders in my ears as the stench of death fills my nose, my throat contracts as I dry heaved. Yet she continued to pull me forward, not leaving me to the chaos that chased behind us. Looking forward, I focus on the sway of her hair as we pass the third block. 


"Azel said he'll meet us at the lake, he's on his way there now." She shouts, my arm still being pulled by her. 

Panting I retort, "Do you honestly believe we'll survive that long? Meteors are falling from the sky Sen." I could hear the desperation and fear in my own voice, only causing me to be more scared than I already was. 

"Just f*****g run what's complaining going to do?" Serenity pants. 


When the releasing of the nukes was announced, Azel was the only one out of the three of us to take it seriously. Already having a bunker full of food and water, Serenity headed towards Azel's hideout. Although he always thought zombies would be the cause of the world ending. 


"How far until we reach Azal's bunker? Do you think it can stop meteors?" I mutter, I didn't think there was any chance of our survival, even if we made it to Azel's cabin. How could a house protect us from space rocks and nuclear missiles? 


Looking back her face forms an annoyed scowl, running through the town we enter the burning forest and head towards the lake. The black smoke stings my eye's blinding me as Sens figure slowly disappears in front of me, trees begin to snap as debris collides with them and start rolling downhill behind us. 


We stumble through the forest, trying not to be crushed by the falling branches and trees, the flames scorching my skin, and sweat clung to my body. The distance between me and Sen steadily increase until she disappeared completely. 


"Sen! Slow down!" My scream's burning in my throat as the smoke filled my lungs. Running through the clearing of trees I see the pond, glowing a dark pink the cabin on the other side of the lake. Serenity was sprinting around the bend already half way there.  


Running towards her, my legs groaned in exhaustion as a meteor smashes into the forest. Wood and dirt flying everywhere the impact vibrating under my feet, hurtling me through the air. My heart leaped in my throat as I glided through the sky, staring at the lake as I hit its surface. 


Resurfacing, I frantically swim towards the cabin, my arms already feeling the weight of the water with every stroke. Waves crashing into my body from the continuous assault of the debris.  

 

"Shin, Hurry the f**k up!" Sen screams. 


Looking towards the cabin, Azel emerges from behind her. His eyes drift towards me, a darkness emanating from them as a smirk spreads across his face. Being friends with his girl didn't sit well with him, and he despised our friendship. We only tolerating each other due to our mutual respect for Sen. 


"This is pathetic, this weakling is slowing us down we need to go Sen" Azel spat keeping his eyes on me. 


Glancing at Azel she retorts, "Now isn't the time for your bullshit."  


Azel's smirk turns into a frown, withdrawing his hand from his back he points it in my direction before three loud bangs ripple through the air. Only two of the bullets piercing through my shoulder and leg. Pain pulsates at the holes slowly draining the strength from my body. 


Did he just shoot me? 


Slowly I descend into the water, I hear screams and more gunshots as I sinkBetrayal, it left a bitter taste, it left anger, it left rage. A yearning to repay the pain that was dealt. Yet no matter how I struggled I continued to descend deeper into the abyss. 


Looking towards the surface I lost my strength, unmoving, my body sinking deeper and deeper. Even underwater I feel the earth rumble from the constant impact of the meteors. Drifting out of conscience I feel my body being sucked to the bottom, before finally drifting into eternal sleep



© 2017 ThyFilthyNoob


Author's Note

ThyFilthyNoob
Hope you enjoy!
If you like my story you should follow my stories on https://thyfilthynoob.wordpress.com/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Whoa, amazing start - very intense and gripping.
The characters here, just like in your other book, are very interesting and I want to learn more about them. How they all know each other, the connection and relationships between them all, why Azel would shoot Shin, questions questions.
I, for one, LOVE LOVE LOVE survival end-of-the-world stories. It's such an interesting theme for me, so I'm very excited to see how this plays out.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hey~ love the characters! They were very well portrayed and I felt as if I could talk with them... if they weren't busy trying not to die from a meteor shower aha

Posted 6 Years Ago


Whoa, amazing start - very intense and gripping.
The characters here, just like in your other book, are very interesting and I want to learn more about them. How they all know each other, the connection and relationships between them all, why Azel would shoot Shin, questions questions.
I, for one, LOVE LOVE LOVE survival end-of-the-world stories. It's such an interesting theme for me, so I'm very excited to see how this plays out.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 11, 2017
Last Updated on August 11, 2017


Author

ThyFilthyNoob
ThyFilthyNoob

Cleveland, OH



About
Hi, I'm a new writer hoping to share my stories and gain some insight on what is needed to create compelling fictions. My hope is that it will one day be transformed from a book to a graphic novel and.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by ThyFilthyNoob


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by ThyFilthyNoob


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by ThyFilthyNoob