Wishing on Childhood

Wishing on Childhood

A Poem by Writer360
"

A adult who is rediscovering the happiness, wonder, and magic of the hoildays that adults have forgot but children hold dear.

"

Wishing on Childhood

Soft plush so cold yet so fun, in the winter’s midnight light. Children fast asleep snug in their beds as snug as a bug under a rug dreaming of when  Santa comes.   

The fireplace crackling as the house is filled with the smell of apple pie and gingerbread .

There are signs of joy and laughter and yet there is a little gloom in the air.

Santa has been gone for a while I haven’t sent him any letters or baked any cookies this year.

Where has the spark gone?

The spark of excitement I held so dear, for comfort it brought with lots of cheer.

It would seem that the lights   are dimming  on this   precious time however, it’s presence  I still may find.


I haven’t seen that little girl that loved  the  snow and the cold in ages.

But time to time I find myself looking  for her in the mirror, that same little girl  who burnt the cookies , gave kiss, and made yel tide wishes .

The time is drawing nearer  so maybe I’ll stop  searching for a while, who knows maybe  I’ll see her smile.

© 2014 Writer360


Author's Note

Writer360
here is another piece I did for school.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on December 1, 2014
Last Updated on December 1, 2014

Author

Writer360
Writer360

Burton, MI



About
I love to read I love meeting new people I like to take long walks on the beach I also love writing (obviously) more..

Writing
My Friend My Friend

A Poem by Writer360


The Only One The Only One

A Story by Writer360