The Child in me

The Child in me

A Poem by Writer360
"

A child is a child and will always be a child even though one day that child might bloom and become an adult.

"

The Child in me

    Bubble gum bubble gum pop a kid in a candy shop

so good and sweet it’s a real treat to eat.

Before the day is said and done i want to have some fun.

Oh how I enjoy those lazy times where life is simple and everyone is fine.


I ran and skipped until I came to a familiar place with children running and laughing and prancing about as the sun looked down with such a delight and smiled upon the children’s faces.


Oh how I enjoy those lazy ways where life is simple every day.

It looked like a lot of fun but it was getting late time to go and come back at a later date.

Oh how I enjoy those lazy times where life is simple and everyone is fine.

As I walked down the sidewalk I saw leaves looming in the shade of the trees as they laid on the ground crunching under my feet.

Oh how I enjoy those lazy ways when life is simple every day.  

Once the day is done and I had my fun to a resting place i retreat.

So close your eyes you’ll see me there envision  the sun beating down on my wild wild hair.

There you’ll find me you will see blowing bubbles in the air, skipping without a care for this is where I’ll be with other children just like me.

© 2014 Writer360


Author's Note

Writer360
I am starting to get my writings out there and letting everyone read them. It's about time they come off the shelf and boxes and into the light where everyone can see and cherish them the way I do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Meg
This is a nice poem, although I have to say the font and colour are a bit jarring when trying to read it. Especially for poetry, it can be useful to make it simple so that the readers can easily read it. In saying that, you do a great job of summing up childhood, well done

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Meg
This is a nice poem, although I have to say the font and colour are a bit jarring when trying to read it. Especially for poetry, it can be useful to make it simple so that the readers can easily read it. In saying that, you do a great job of summing up childhood, well done

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey sorry guys the title of the piece is "The Child in Me" not "My Friend" being a dummy I messed up and put the wrong title for the wrong piece. Again I apologize for any confusion that might accure from now until when ever I can get it fixed.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 2, 2014
Last Updated on December 11, 2014

Author

Writer360
Writer360

Burton, MI



About
I love to read I love meeting new people I like to take long walks on the beach I also love writing (obviously) more..

Writing
My Friend My Friend

A Poem by Writer360


The Only One The Only One

A Story by Writer360