Layers of Movement

Layers of Movement

A Story by MoonTig3r

Layers of curtains sweep across the hard wood floors covering me from them.

 

I peek out hesitantly. Roaming eyes wander across seas of faceless creatures. They sit so patiently. So expectantly.  As if they are waiting for a miracle or a spectacle of sorts. They sit without a thought or emotion flicking across their many beautifully ugly faces. They only wait for….me.

 

I snap my head back behind the curtain. I start pacing. My mind swirling around the many possibilities of what can go wrong with everything and anything. My head get lighter as if it knows it wants to fly away before I can put it to any misuse. I feel my hands go limp. Sweats starts to peek out the pours on my body. My foot won’t stop is constant tapping. My eyesight is slowly going blurry where my vision is now corrupted.

 

I panic beyond proportion.

 

I race towards the heavy curtain. I hear screams behind me telling someone to “catch her! Don’t let her go on yet!” but I don’t listen.  My body is now moving on it’s own accord. I slap the curtain to the side and brace myself one final time before I step out.

 

First thing I hear are gasp and harsh whispers but I don’t look up.

 

I keep my eyes looking downward counting the scratches and holes in the floor while still walking to my mark. I make my way finally to center stage. I position myself like I was taught to do. Legs sweep apart. Arms move gracefully above your waist. Left foot slides forward. Then I dance.

 

I feel nothing but the air rushing through my hair and hear nothing but the sounds of body parts connecting together and snapping apart again. I am alive!. Not once though out my rigorous routine do I look up into what I know are shocked faces. I’ll save that for the finale.

 

Time passing and I hear the music in my mind slowly give the cue my body must stop. I start to whisper to arms, legs, and feet to slow down. I’m coming off my Adrenaline rush. I finally come to a stop.

 

Its now time to face the crowd.

 

I bring myself back into standard position. Breathe slowly in and out. Shake the tingles out of my legs. I slowly bring my head up. Eyes squinting through the flashing lights.


i see me.

 

© 2011 MoonTig3r


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on May 9, 2011
Last Updated on May 9, 2011
Tags: MoonTig3r, confusion

Author

MoonTig3r
MoonTig3r

Detroit, MI



About
Hello, my name's TigerLily... Not much I can say about myself except: -I love reading -Love writing -Anime & Manga fangirl -Always on the computer -Kind of anti-social -Very weird in a sense .. more..

Writing